Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 224 of 1,842 1 2 222 223 224 225 226 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great news, continued prayers for a full recovery.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that's the best thing I've heard all week.

very good news.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Berettaman,Great news! Keep us posted.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Damn it man! This is excellent. There hasn't been a day that goes by that I don't think of Cole.

I'll keep prayin', hope it keeps working.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's great new about Cole! I think about him often, even more so this week as our 1 year old caught some nasty virus. Sick as a dog all week long with me getting up at 4:00am this morning to give him a cool bath. The little guy had a fever of 104.6.

With my little guy down and out I couldn't help but think of little Cole. Glad that he's doing better. Our is on the mend as well.

Congrats!

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Azar, hope your little guy gets better soon.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
A little more insight on his scan; the spots on his lungs have shrunk considerably. They are really hoping that he can skip the radiation this time. But even if he has to have it, they are thinking just a spot specific spot on his lungs and not all of his lungs and stomach like last time.

Jon is starting to work a little bit which I think is really good for him. They will get to be outpatient for the next two weeks, so they get to stay at the apartment instead of the hospital. Make no mistake about it, there will be many tough times in the next 10 more months of treatment, but at least we had some good news and Cole has jumped out to an early lead in the game.

Now on to the topic of deer. I saw a couple of racks that scored 197 and 201 this weekend. Wow. Double wow. You just cannot believe the size, mass, and length of these racks. I was always a little skeptical when someone said they saw a 200 inch buck. Now I am REALLY skeptical, because these things are so big, you woudnt be telling anyone!!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Great new, great great news!

I know he has an uphill battle, but now they know all doesn't end bad.

A 200" er. dats a big buckch (youper voice)

People tell me they see a 170", I have seen one 1 deer alive that I would say was a booner. My wifes uncle shot a 168" with a bow, and the size of that thing just amazes me every time I see it.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah were did ya go to see that one baretta? the zoo?

grin

reall good news on the boy, thanks for the update.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Good news Beretta!

Heading North Wednesday to help the SIL on his quest for a bear. Wish the heck it would cool down. 85 here on Sunday and 80's today. We've been running the A/C for the past week. July weather in September and September weather in July. Go figure.

Talked to the grandson last night. He was all excited. Dad took him to a gravel pit set him in his lap and let him steer the truck. Son said he did a great job. He also shot his BB gun for the first time and hit the target 6 out of 7 tries.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It was Outdoors/Hunting day at the local mall and Heartland Conservation, a local company that works to improve habitat, had them. They were shot a few years ago.

I have seen a lot of big bucks in my day (unfortunately, most of them were when I was hunting pheasants!!). I can recall 4 legitimate B&C bucks. One in ND, one in MT and 2 in MN. The ND buck and one in MN were well over the B&C line, I dont know how big they were, but they were gigantic. Similar to the 200" I saw this weekend, but I couldnt tell you if they were quite that big. The one in MN was actually hunting deer. We saw him 6 times in broad daylight and never got a shot. My dad got a really good look at him from 200 yards (shotgun zone, so no shot opportunity). Our group has shot a 180" and a 167" and many in the 150" range. I tell you what, a 200" buck is something special! The 180 we shot wasnt even that big or old of a deer. the 167 was bigger than a small horse. Ahhhhh, can you tell it is the beginning of fall????

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Berettaman;

I am glad to hear that Cole is doing so well in his fight with cancer. I am in the middle of that fight myself (plasma cell lukemia). After spending last fall in the hospital with inpatient chemo-therapy and a bone marrow transplant, I am really looking forward to getting out and doing as much hunting as possible this year. A trip to WY for antelope in 10 days will be the kick off for me. Then, I'll follow up with bird hunting in NE Wisconsin and dah Yoo Pee until the Wisconsin gun deer season.

Steve

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Take care of yourself and don't overwork yourself. Glad your with us to enjoy another hunting season.

I expect pics of hunting trips. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
sbhva,
I second Tzone's request, we expect pictures! And not just the hero shot either, pics of the whole experience, the burnt breakfast, the wet boot, the tiny little dots on the horizon that are the herd after you missed cry.....Ah, you wouldnt miss, just kidding ya.

Matter of fact, all you knuckleheads, we should each work hard this hunting season on taking better and more pictures. Northern Dave does such a good job of it, it is time the rest of us do a little better.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I would have to work pretty hard to take pictures of all the stuff northtern_dave does.

I'm taking my little guy to camp for the first time this coming weekend, so I'm sure there'll be pics.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
good luck Steve.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Make sure to keep us posted on your travels. Good luck.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
good luck and have fun.

Hold my mountain dew & watch this.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
HEY You're late for school! grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi all,
I have some news and I just can't keep it in any longer.

A year ago when my dad found out he had emphysema he called us kids and ask if we want to buy some of his 'treasures' that he has at the house. Treasures as in an old Colt snowmobile, 1978 Ford F150, etc. Well the '78 Ford was already spoken for by my nephew who won't be able to drive for about 4 years. My heart was broke! ND said if the opportunity ever arose we would try to at least buy it from my brother if they wanted to sell it down the road. Well.......dad called on Sunday and for some reason my brother and his boy backed out of the deal AND he asked if I still wanted the truck. I could hardly compose myself when I told dad I would have to ask ND but I was really interested.

I think everyone can figure out what ND said when I asked him...SO I GET MY OWN HUNTING TRUCK!!!! And what means so much is that it is my dad's, one of the men in my life that I truly hold very dear and close to my heart.

Just wanted to share my big news. There will be some fixing to do on the truck and I'm so glad that I know a good mechanic/paint/body man. grin

"I'm not crying!!"
Page 224 of 1,842 1 2 222 223 224 225 226 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,486 guests, and 862 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.