-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Worked with a guy named Sergeant, who's rank was Sergeant. Same base had a Major Major and a man named Fuch but with the Anglo-Saxon spelling. Related to a man from KY named Aro and had a uncle who's middle name was Valentine. My wife worked OB one base and I still don't know if they talked one woman out of naming her daughter Placenta. Parents can be cruel.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
A young man I know got married and they had their first son recently.

Named the boy....Binelli. Yep, named after Dad's shotgun.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
hear of a girl in the navy who's title was seaman Guzzler, she should picked a different job or something and been an airman or fireman

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Old song about a black kid. Said that by the time his turn to be born came around, his folks, Ferdinand and Liza just put their names together and came up with plain old "Fertilizer" for his name. Said it really wasn't all that bad as the other kids gave him a nickname that wouldn't do to mention. Never did say exactly what it was.

Also new a young guy by the name "Eric." Dad's name was Gene. Not bad at all but when Eric became daddy, they named their son after grandpa Gene and daddy Eric. Gene Eric.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Knew a girl in high school named Mona Lisa. Not a bad looking girl, actually. She had never, not ever, cut her hair, it was down to her knees, and thick.

When I was in college there were stories about a guy on campus who was named Gay Guy. He supposedly took the kidding in stride, always introducing himself as "Guy".

My mom was English, and my first name came from her Irish uncle. The name is old Gaelic, and very unusual. After college I dropped it and started using my middle name.

It sucks when you have a wierd name, and you are a kid, just for the record. mad

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife has a nephew who is married to a woman from an old Arizona outlaw family and he is a sixth generation New Mexico rancher. They are eaten up with the tradition of the old west, and have a son named "Whip Pop", a second son named "Quirt" and the youngest, a daughter, is name "Dally". My wife, who is usually forgiving, pretty much draws the line at naming kids for tack.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Twins (boy and girl) were born to a local black family and the mother told the nurse that she had decided to let her brother name the children.

When asked the brother said he'd name the girl Deniece (which the nurse though very pretty). Then he told her to name the boy....Denephew.

Not as bad as the woman who named her daughter (this is a true story) Female' (Fe-ma-lee).....said she didn't want that name but when they saw her in the nursery after bith there was a sign with her name already on it...."Female Washintgon"

Seriously, my daughters are actually named Angel and Honey. I never thought it strange, but my second wife thinks it rediculous, saying they are both nicknames, not REAL names.

Last edited by TexasRick; 09/29/09.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In a book on the old "purple Gang" in Detroit there's a lineup picture of six named thugs -- one is "Dodo Mazzollo".

1B

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Went to school with a gal whose name was Pussey that was pronounced PU SEY. You can imagine what class mates called her.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Knew a Virginia Ham...no kidding..

Then there was this girl in college nicknamed " Hoover"...

Need I say more.... whistle

In high screwl one of our cheerleaders was proud of her nickname, "pickle ..... "

My neice is named "Breiss" after someone in my BIL's famm.

I also once knew a gal from Idaho who was actually named "Kandy Kane." Never learned what her name became after she tied the knot.

Also once met a fellow who's folks named him "Harold." The surname was "Balls."

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Girl who's real name was Jessica Lay, but her father nicknamed her "Easy" and called her that from birth......said he figured she'd earn it someday so why not get used to it!!!

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
When I was a young man we had a neighbor "Peter Hurtz" and another neighbor named "Annis Burns". Went to school with "Hayon Stubblefield".

Probably no the place to do it, but native American names can be very interesting. Most will have both historical and "white" (non-Indian names) a few I've run across: Dirty Moccassins, Wolf Guts, Weasel Tail, SoHappy. Morning Owl, He Who Knows His Gun, (was a U.S. Marine, and a Sharpshooter) and so on including the ever popular Elk's Anus...or words to that effect. Well as they say...Don't fire 'till you see the eyes of the Whites!

Last edited by Roundup; 09/29/09.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
knew a coworker named Richard Seaman - Did NOT like to be called Dick

Last edited by Red Baron; 09/30/09.

Red Baron
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm into my 30th year as a teacher and have seen a few unusual ones. London England, Beaver Packer, Shadow. I've taught several guys named Brick and a few named Blaze. Give me a little more time to wake up and think and I'm sure to come up with plenty more.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ya know, in all my life I used Les, short for Leslie, I never once thought to use my middle name...........Loyd, don't know why, just never did. Mom and dad used older family names, and I just couldn't see not using my given name. But hey, that's just me, My MIL goes by Sabrina(pseudonym) as her name is Norma. I told her that I thought she was dishonoring her parents by not using her given name. Boy was that a fun conversation, lets just say, "And that's when the fight started!"

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Beaver Packer, ya gotta be kiddin me, I would have killed for that name. grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Family around here with the last name of Crapp. Oldest girl was Robin.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The son-in-law of a friend of mine was the owner of a wood cutting outfit and his name is Rod Longstaff! I schit you not!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm into my 30th year as a teacher and have seen a few unusual ones. London England, Beaver Packer, Shadow. I've taught several guys named Brick and a few named Blaze. Give me a little more time to wake up and think and I'm sure to come up with plenty more.

Once knew a gal who was a 3rd grade teacher, who had a student named "Blaze Wilde!"

What a way for a mother to muck-up a kid's life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Mother and Father named me Mike , and I'm glad they did.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (10ring1, 219 Wasp, 204guy, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,937 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,611
Posts18,532,845
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.