Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 41 of 66 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 65 66
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Stan V
Originally Posted by wildswalker
Amazing how few actually get that, isn't it.....

Obviously, you favor some type of law, or control by someone other than the adults that hunt? I appreciate your concern for my safety and the safety of my family.....anything else you may want to suggest to help me through the rest of my life?

So far you and JeffyO are the only ones to advocate for laws and constitutional amendment for cold chambers. Some company you've chosen!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Jeffy-
Please don't PM me anymore.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Nah Stan, I'm in big favor of less litigation/law making.....

Just hopin' stupid people would smart up a tad.

Thanks for pointing out which side of the fence you ride on......

[Linked Image]
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Just hopin' stupid people would smart up a tad.

Never gonna happen. I just wish that stupid people only injured/killed themselves. I wouldn't worry about things then. As it stands though.....

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm guessing we shouldn't stop with hunting season and hot/cold issues.....let's control driving at night. Surely driving at night is more dangerous than daytime?

I don't care how an adult chooses to hunt when alone.

All American

All the time
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's always the idiot that handles a firearm improperly that gets pissed off when you mention it. Guessing that trend is being shown here.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, what's being shown here are a bunch of people who feel compelled to preach gun safety and thinking they have a higher authority due to their time/member count on the 'fire.

Is that about it? I'm unimpressed, even for the internet.

All American

All the time
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That can be true. I have seen it more than once.

But on the other side of the coin is the dude who thinks he is the Safety Police...

Both are idiots really. At least the Safety Police won't be the one who kills you...

Having said that, I would rather error on the side of being safe for sure.

That's something we all can agree on.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That's it exactly, here's wishing you an AD, since that's what made you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead

That's it?

Shove it

All American

All the time
IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
It'll never happen to him Scott, he's one of THOSE perfect people.......

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Bet you've said that a bunch punk.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's time to man up and behave like an adult, loser. grin

All American

All the time
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Scott, You gotta admit, your comeback:

was about as hard to follow-up as a whitetail that has just been gut "winged" by a MatchKing in a cedar swamp.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Must be my post count....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

My only real interest here is when guys say that hot-carry hunters don't belong in the woods...

Some of the hot carry types are adamant that hot carry is the only smart way to go and the cold carry guys are too stupid to even be in the woods with a firearm � when cold carry is the only method that is 100% safe. Makes perfect sense to them, I guess.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
{any of his verbage will suffice}

You don't get it.....

Perfect.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
You make the "cold" case very well. Thanks.

The guys in the gun shop are not mishandling the rifles because they know them to be safe - that's standard practice for those guys.

Nobody is talking about cold chamber mandates - you sound like an Obama democrat...........oh, wait.

It's not to say that someone with a hot chamber cannot handle safely, they certainly can, and mostly do. It's the part that cannot be controlled that is the point.

Also, lotsa really bad analogies made from pistols to shotguns to golf to driving. Here's one for you:

Odds are one of your precious children could run across I-5* in the dark and not get hurt. Would you let them anyway?

*Pick your closest interstate - if ya have one.

Lot of emotion flying around. Not sure why folks deem that necessary.

First, you made MY point very concisely. Guys handle guns carelessly when they "know" them to be empty. Not saying that anyone present is a bad gun handler; to the contrary, I suspect everyone here is a very GOOD gun handler. But we, or at least I, am talking in general terms here. Make it mandatory that everyone carry cold (I say that not because I favor government regulation, but because it's the only way to set up a hypothetical where everyone is carrying cold), and you know as well as I do that there'd be some damn sloppy gun work out there. Why? Because, you see... everyone "knows them to be safe", right?

You are wrong about my driving analogy. It's actually a very GOOD analogy. Here's why. The core of this debate, hot vs. cold, is safety. The safety of an individual, and those around him. Driving is exactly analagous. It is a statistical truth that less people would die on the highway if we drove 55 mph. Period. So, driving faster is a choice that you and I make (hell, I do anyway) because we want to, and the FACT that it endangers ourselves and those around us, exposes everyone to more risk, is something we are willing to live with for whatever reasons.

I challenge you, bendy-boy, to explain why that is not a superb analogy. Further, if you do drive faster than say 55 mph on the freeway, I'd like hear how you justify endangering yourself and those around you. Thanks in advance.

Lastly, YOUR analogy is fundamentally flawed and thus, meaningless for the discussion at hand. This is a thread about managing risk while doing something you want or need to do. Not about creating risk doing something like running across a freeway. Not applicable. Try harder.

As I've said before, there's a continuum here, a scale. I unload (unchamber) a rifle all the time, and I've carried "cold" when it seemed reasonable or prudent. When I'm hunting alone, which is most of the time, out in the big woods, I hunt hot and in my opinion that's perfectly safe and reasonable. I'm not in this life to be some puzzy-ass risk avoiding freak (not saying anyone here is). I'll drive 75 on the highway... I'll drink too much... I'll play my guitar too loud... that's just how it is for me.

I'll say again, the deer I killed a few days ago wouldn't have died that night if I'd been hunting "cold". Maybe one of you bad-asses would have gotten him that way; I'll concede that (though I doubt it rather strongly). But that doesn't fill MY freezer.

Some of us are hunting elk and deer with tags in the 10%, 15% success rate range. A guy made a comment earlier about how "the meat always seems to come down the mountain". With all due respect, it ain't like that in some places. Guys go years and years between Oregon public-land elk, for example. I'm not missing out on one because I handicapped myself by needing to chamber my friggin' rifle just to shoot the bastid.

YMMV, bendy-boy. Oh- better go wipe those counters with the anti-microbe stuff.. and don't forget to wash your hands again! smile Danger lurks everywhere... can't be too careful, bendy-boy.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
{any of his verbage will suffice}

You don't get it.....

Perfect.

Yawn.

Funny how when confronted by rational and effective disagreement, a few here seem to need to resort to this kind of stuff. It's like arguing with women.

Telling...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
your mean.

Page 41 of 66 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 65 66

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 12344mag, 257Bob, 22250rem, 48 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,916
Posts18,518,746
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.