-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What constitutes "victory" in Afghanistan?

At this point, I really don't know, but I'm beginning to think that since it's far worse than a 3rd world place, just flat azz level the entire landscape so there's nothing left and if the Taliban or Al Queda try to re-populate it, do it again, & again.

Eventually they'll give up & go somewhere else (or theyll all be dead) but at least it won't be Afghanistan.

Enough of this quasi-nation building horseschitt, especially in a place where the people don't even know what the [bleep] we're talking about, and worse yet, they don't care either.

Just the way I see it............maybe too simplistic?

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by BCBrian

Does being ignorant come naturally to you - or do you have to work at it?

I'm thinking it's a combination of both from what I've read of him...

Sam already bottom-lined it for you Brian.

P
P
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
you canucks can cut and run any time you want Brian.

The Canadians are there? What side are they on?

You little puke! I would be very happy to flatten you and your ignorance.
yes Canadians are in Afghanistan, Yes they are fighting and dying with Americans. I have lost some friends there fighting againt Americas common enemy, and you have the lack of brains to understand that? kiss my A$%

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have great respect for Canada's military but like everything else, when politicians are involved, follow the dollars. Canada is with the US in the Mideast because it is economically and politically to their advantage. Oil dollars flowing into Canada from the US support their economy.

As to the question of timing in Afghanistan, the Taliban may have recently made a huge strategic blunder by bombing the Indian Embassy. India is placing the blame squarely on Pakistan. Unless Pakistan wants all out war with India, they will now have to make serious efforts to destroy the Taliban in their country. A US troop surge combined with removal of the safe haven in Pakistan could put a serious crimp in the ability of the Taliban to operate. If there is another terrorist strike on American soil that strengthens the resolve of the Country against the Taliban, it could be the perfect time to solve the problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you think we are there to save the old system I think you are wrong. We need to focus on the young people. If we act like a partner and treat them like partners and not those goat herders to be conquered we will be successful. The people who are in their early 20's remember the taliban and don't like them. The young people in the citys's have to most opportunities and want to take advantage of them.

The rural young are still under the influence of the old ways because they don't get to see the outside world. The young people want the internet, electronics and the chance to see the rest of the world. The women want equality. A lot of things have to change and with time they will. If we abandon the country now like we did after we helped them run the Russians out, they will hate us forever. They have long memories. They are also tired of being invaded and manipulated. That is where a partnership has the most impact.

Karzai and his brother are not much help but they can be pressured. If the world would pitch in and help us just a little, we can help the Afghans be successful and most importantly, peaceful. We need to thank the English, Scotish and Canadians as they are in it up to their ears. It would not hurt if Germany, Poland, Italy and showed some balls and jumped in a little deeper. Along with China and Japan. They are beneficeries of the peace too. It can be done. kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 10/09/09.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by polarisjeff

yes Canadians are in Afghanistan, Yes they are fighting and dying with Americans. I have lost some friends there fighting againt Americas common enemy, and you have the lack of brains to understand that? kiss my A$%

Just a joke. There are a few Canadians on here I like and to them, my apologies. You're not one of them though.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The Canadian troops have fought, and died, valiantly alongside our troops. I am truly grateful.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by polarisjeff

Just a joke. There are a few Canadians on here I like and to them, my apologies. You're not one of them though.

I, for one, didn't think you were serious, Cole.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You were right. I was being cute. I get kinda that way when self-righteous subjects of the queen start threads about how we should run our country. I appreciate our allies but they have zero input IMO. Then again, if they are there with us, maybe they should have some, so maybe I was a bit out of line. Lots of good folks in Canada, those who can't take an obvious joke, notwithstanding.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And he// I didn't mean to derail the whole thread. It was kinda interesting.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Just the way I see it............maybe too simplistic?

MM

Not really.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I get kinda that way when self-righteous subjects of the queen start threads about how we should run our country.

First off Canada has not been under British rule since July 1st, 1867.

Second, do self righteous Mother's of Canadian boys who are serving in the United States Army earn any rights in your judgemental eyes ?

Lynn

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mosaic_Lynn
First off Canada has not been under British rule since July 1st, 1867.
I remember when they got their independence. I don't know why that event stood out in the memory of an American who was six at the time, but I remember the news coverage of it and the related film footage. I was shocked in fact when you said when it happened, because I didn't imagine I was that young when it happened, because the memory of it is so fresh for me. Strange what people remember.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Canada Day is a celebration of Canadian nationalism, heritage and pride. Canada became self-governing on July 1st, 1867, with the passage of the British North America Act (BNA Act) in the British Parliament. The holiday was originally known as "Dominion Day". It was changed to Canada Day by the Canadian Parliament on October 27, 1982.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
In 1967 Canada celebrated it's Centennial Year (100th Birthday), Expo '67 opened in Montreal, Canada, The 1967 International and Universal Exposition, or Expo 67 as it was commonly known, was the first First Category exhibition approved by the Bureau of International Exhibition in the Americas. It was held in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, from April 28 to October 29, 1967. It was considered to be the most successful World's Fair of the 20th century, with over 50 million visitors and 62 nations participating. It also set the single-day attendance record for a world's fair with 569,000 visitors on its third day.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

We can only be thankful Kutenay is not posting currently. Can you imagine?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Troops should have been brought home the second a snivveling democrat won the election. If America is attacked again, so be it. No more wars until Americans are united and screaming for blood.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by slasher

We can only be thankful Kutenay is not posting currently. Can you imagine?

He was a rare breed, and not backwards about coming forwards that's for sure ! grin

Lynn

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
The Troops should have been brought home the second a snivveling democrat won the election. If America is attacked again, so be it. No more wars until Americans are united and screaming for blood.

Yeah but you wonder if that will ever happen again. A lot of legal residents in this country are not really Americans. They're just residents. They have no clue about our history and heritage, etc. There is no explanation for Obama otherwise.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Ain't that the truth. It's a shame the majority of the United States of America doesn't care...or, at least, doesn't know they do.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 58 invisible), 2,248 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,347
Posts18,506,214
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.