Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 49 of 66 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 65 66
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I'm not reading this stuff...but I will carry my gun loaded and on safety as long as I am hunting..unload it back at the truck..

What I don't do is point it at anybody! unless I need to!:)

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lee24 squared
Any AK guides let you do that?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stan V

I'm wondering about the boots worn by our campfire friends that are upright challenged when hunting.....I'm wanting to get to the bottom of this falling down syndrome.

Come hunt with me sometime. Everyone I can think of has fallen one time or another. I did it twice on one stone rubble slope last year, coming down off Bears Ears opening morning. My son-in-law went down once on that slope. (NW side of the western ear.) There are other slopes my hunting partners and I have taken over the years where falling is just part of getting up or down, even when dryish - let alone wet or snow covered. No need to unchamber if you're already running cold.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by atkinson
I'm not reading this stuff...but I will carry my gun loaded and on safety as long as I am hunting..unload it back at the truck..

Why unload at the truck? The safety's on.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
yep, whenever im out of the saddle. Kinda like carrying my handgun with no round in the chamber. It,s to late.

IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by atkinson

Why unload at the truck? The safety's on.

In Nebraska having a loaded shotgun in your truck is illegal and could get you in trouble if you are caught driving down the road with it loaded. On the other hand having a loaded rifle in the truck is quite legal, it allows ranchers to shoot coyotes while checking their property.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
never said c ny is hellish or tougher than the dacks. some of you havent read the previos pages. we were talking about thick cover . not that all of central ny is thick.WHERE I HAVE LAND IS THICK. i guess youll be the third person who knows my land better than me. until your invited over , take my word for it. ill take pics of it like steelhead and the other one and maybe you guys can relax. this started about a hot or cold chamber, not about what part of ny has the craziest terrain. opinions are like a-holes. steelhead so big and tough with all his thick cover and trophies, that he made mention of banging my wife. that sounds like he got off the subject a bit. everyone has an opinion here and thats what this sight is for but dont start putting words into my posts, until you go back and read all the previous pages. i hunt to get away from know -it- alls and every crap that life throws at you. you and the dacks sound way to tough for me just like the others. ive been around and i know what the dacks has to offer. none of you clowns still havent asked where i hunt , your just talking [bleep] like the other two. enjoy your know it all buddies.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Actually, I have asked you where you hunt. Reading comprehension is a wonderful skill to pick up.................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by grizzyallen
never said c ny is hellish or tougher than the dacks. some of you havent read the previos pages. we were talking about thick cover . not that all of central ny is thick.WHERE I HAVE LAND IS THICK. i guess youll be the third person who knows my land better than me. until your invited over , take my word for it. ill take pics of it like steelhead and the other one and maybe you guys can relax. this started about a hot or cold chamber, not about what part of ny has the craziest terrain. opinions are like a-holes. steelhead so big and tough with all his thick cover and trophies, that he made mention of banging my wife. that sounds like he got off the subject a bit. everyone has an opinion here and thats what this sight is for but dont start putting words into my posts, until you go back and read all the previous pages. i hunt to get away from know -it- alls and every crap that life throws at you. you and the dacks sound way to tough for me just like the others. ive been around and i know what the dacks has to offer. none of you clowns still havent asked where i hunt , your just talking [bleep] like the other two. enjoy your know it all buddies.

Seems to me that you are the one with the problem here.....nice way to start off on a website....you will go far! crazy

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
my bad , you did. your a road scholar and im an a hole. i almost forgot. chenango county i know its a pussy county and im a pussy and your a tough guy with tough terrain just like steelhead and sidewinder. your the first to ask where i hunt, ill give you credit for that.

IC B3

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
i do have a problem. im wasting precious time during hunting season talking to guys instead of being in the woods

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Why does anyone care if a hunter has a hot or cold chamber if you aren't hunting with them? I mean other than some douchebag starting the thread just to justify their position.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Rhodes Scholarships, never did much for me.

Chenango County.

Beautiful area. I drive through there on 88 when to/from VT getting and returning my daughter. Hiked it a bit. Not overly hilly (flat in some places), and good river bottoms (need to fish that area near Afton sometime.......). Seems to be decent wildlife habitat, and to some degree a lot like the flatter areas of some of the counties in VA I hunt.

Not a bad place to hole up in.

And, yeah, your season is in. Get out there......... it don't last long up there in that area.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Clintk
I mean other than some douchebag starting the thread just to justify their position.

Him just pegged JeffObama squarely.......................

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
thats the smartest thing ive read on this subject so far

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
im in ne chenango , its rolling hills with a couple of small mountains, good hunting and thats it. hardly any farming, mostly woods and couple of green fields. good turkey and deer hunting

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
From what I've seen, that'd have been my guess of it up there. Again, much like many of the flatter areas of the counties in VA I frequently hunt.

Now, get at it........... IIRC, the NY seasons are rather short.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thick, steep, remote areas predominate this thread. To me, deer hunting means whitetails, and I've had the most success hunting the edges and have found the harder the country the fewer chances for a whitetail.
Bill

If you're not having fun; you're not doing it right!
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by wahoo
Thick, steep, remote areas predominate this thread. To me, deer hunting means whitetails, and I've had the most success hunting the edges and have found the harder the country the fewer chances for a whitetail.
Bill

If you have that option.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have you tried Botetourt Co?
Bill

If you're not having fun; you're not doing it right!
Page 49 of 66 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 65 66

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

319 members (163bc, 1lesfox, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 979 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,032
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.