Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 30 31
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The quarterly report demanded of public companies. It forces management to think in terms of 90 day increments rather than focusing on long term results.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Lee24
Remington is owned by the same investment banking firm which owns things like Chrysler. Does that help explain things?

And Tom264, Remington doesn't, to my knowledge, use any of my CNC technology. They do use a chemical vapor deposition machine which I helped design to apply their "TriNyte" finish to the XCR rifles.

That could be one the funniest posts I've read.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
. They do use a chemical vapor deposition machine which I helped design to apply their "TriNyte" finish to the XCR rifles.

According to the US patent office Clark Bergman, and Gary E Vergason designed and hold the patent for CVD machines. So which one are you???

RH

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by himmelrr
. They do use a chemical vapor deposition machine which I helped design to apply their "TriNyte" finish to the XCR rifles.

According to the US patent office Clark Bergman, and Gary E Vergason designed and hold the patent for CVD machines. So which one are you???

RH

RH,

That will depend on the day of the week......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have several Remingtons. My overall experience has been very good. I have 2 870 Express models that have worked fine. The last 700 I bought earlier this year is a 338 that has driven me nuts but I have it shooting great between loads and tweaks on the rifle itself. The only real stinker I have ever gotten from big green is the 597 and it sucks out loud!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The design of the 870, and OLDER 22s and centerfire bolts are sound, not so maybe with their semi-autos, better I am sure with pump rifles.

The Nylon 66 was TOO good, so I heard, now the 597? The Rem authorized repair man in town said he cannot replace parts, only the WHOLE receiver......

I am not sure about the 710, it also looks cheesy.

The 700s would be good again if built with the attention given to the 600/660s, etc. as the newer ones get all the complaints, not the older models.

The lower priced express actions are rough, had a youth 20, funtioned fine, that was 10-12 yrs back. I do hear of 870s having problems now, something you NEVER heard 20-30 yrs ago.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Karnis
Here's the reason:

Do more with less. Experience, pride and work ethic are expensive.

I thoroughly concur! They use to be my favorite rifles but the bean counters ruined them.
The last 4 Sakos/Tikkas and over 12 Savages I have worked with all did Sub-MOA within the first 5 loads or so I put through them. Can not say the same for the 700's including their "top of the Line" custom shop guns....whatever that means. No thanx fellas it is a huge crapshoot.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I honestly have never owned a Remington until two days ago. Don't think I have missed much though. My Weatherby and Ruger bolts and Mossberg pump have treated me fine for years. My wife got me an 870 Express Tuesday night but I won't get to look over it until Christmas.

She is so cruel,"I got you this new gun, but you can't touch it for three months." So now its just sitting in the closet all alone. She did the same thing for my birthday with my Ruger pistol.

Whatever a 7x57 can do a 270 can do better.

True fair chase is you in the woods buttnaked with nothing but your finger nails and teeth.

If you'e fixin' to put a hole in something, make it a hole to remember.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In 16 years of marriage my wife has bought me one firearm. You'd think after me getting her multiple rifles and handguns she'd thanfully reciprocate the gesture, but nooooo. wink

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have two 700CDL's and a new Model 7.
Had new barrels installed on the CDL's but the rest of those two rifles is very good. Great balance. Was shooting one today, and just love that CDL stock.
The model 7 is as received from the factory, in 223, and the accuracy is there, no complaints.
I have no foundation for a complait about Remington rifles. I do have a complaint about Remington ONLY building a LEFT hand CDL in 223; no right hand CDL 223's available. That just doesn't pass the sanity test. I have no complaints about them building left hand rifles, but, why not for right hand shooters too???

Last edited by DMB; 10/08/09.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by DMB
I have no complaints about them building left hand rifles, but, why not for right hand shooters too???
I think thats a first.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What in partular is wrong with a new model Remington 700 verse older ones.I realize they bead blast the guns which I kinda like.I have a 223 and a 30/06 with that finsh and they smooth up after a while. The trigger are stiff but I worked in a sporting gun store 35 years ago and the trigger was not that great then.Back in the 1970's Remingtons was not perfect back then.The blueing was not that good and had the handles fall of a number of 788's. Had the exstracter fall out or break on a few but we sold a ton of Remingtons.Great guns and a lot of game are killed ever year with people that don't know better.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They do use a chemical vapor deposition machine which I helped design to apply their "TriNyte" finish to the XCR rifles.

OMG

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
i think remington would do well to stop jacking prices up, for one thing.

i bought a stainless sps and put a nikon scope on it for $500 4 years ago. same rifle costs $600 WITHOUT scope now.

so...what gives? i know things have gone up. but a stevens 200, weatherby vanguard, and tikka are all the same price they were then.

since when is a cdl worth almost $800?!?!

i can BUILD something with better parts for that amount. what happened to economy of scale?

-Matt

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You mean like running away with my rifle upside down and backward
under my arm?You got me there,I better go buy me a old Model 70.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
these are prices from my gunsmith.

douglas stainless XX barrel installed: $300
JRS stock: $125
timney trigger: $100 or so
mauser or howa action: $250 or so
drill, tap, etc: $100 or so

just not worth it for me anymore. i buy used remingtons or, more likely, stick with howa and weatherby and mausers.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 10/10/09.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Remington has never been better or worse.

Still the best value for an American made firearm.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Bottom line is this, when you contacted Remington or your dealer about this faulty shotgun what did they say or do?? Or did you bother to contact them and give them the opertunity to correct things?
Considering that Remington probably sells more rifles and shotguns than the rest of the folks, in America, combined, some lemons are bound to slip thru. Hell, you see Cadillacs being towed in. So what did they say when you called them? If you started the conversation like you started your post in here, I doubt that you got very far but if you acted reasonable maybe they had a solution for you. I'd be interested to know.
As far as someone spending $2500-$3000 for a shotgun to hunt with being a fool, I don't think so. It happens every day. I've hunted with working folks that had that much invested in the rifle they were hunting with. Add it up, put a eurotrash scope on a rifle out of the Remington custom shop and you've got three bigs ones easy. Some folks like nice things and are willing to pay for them.

Last edited by stillbeeman; 10/10/09.

Aim for the exit hole.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Even if this page grows to 100 pages, it is still a small statistical sample.
Years ago, craftsmanship was cheap and technology was expensive, today it is the opposite.
Does that mean firearms are produced to a lower quality, perhaps?
Having said that and in full discloser, I have Remingtons and will continue to buy them until a company offers me better value, and value to me might not be the same to you.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by himmelrr

RH

Bump for Lee24/Clark Bergman/Gary Vergason...

Page 3 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 25aught6, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 222Sako, 47 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,923
Posts18,518,859
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.