Page 4 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 30 31
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MikeNZ
Originally Posted by himmelrr
Originally Posted by Lee24
. They do use a chemical vapor deposition machine which I helped design to apply their "TriNyte" finish to the XCR rifles.

According to the US patent office Clark Bergman, and Gary E Vergason designed and hold the patent for CVD machines. So which one are you???

RH

Bump for Lee24/Clark Bergman/Gary Vergason...

Hey Lee, you [bleep] liar, post the pic of the .375 while you are at it...

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know about prices in other parts. But around here a new CDL Remington is around $200 more than a Ruger Hawkeye or a Tikka in smilar trim (Blue with wood stock). Winchesters I have no idea as no one around here really carries them. Browning as well I have no idea because honestly I've never picked one up to get a price off it.

That's a hard sell for $200 more for a lot of people. New CDL's are getting right up there to prices of other guns such as a NIB Sako 75 ($900) etc....

Last edited by NathanL; 10/15/09.

Otto is my co-pilot.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They are a numbers business, make fast, make cheapest, make it with margin, someone will buy it. Government bulk contracts are the profit makers, consumer products are for consumers, they someone will always 'need it' or 'want it', even the product has issues.

They are in the business to make money. A gun is stamped metal, machined metal, forged metal, wood and plastic, not much in cost there for high volume production but there is profit to be made (make it up in volume). Cut this, cut that, make more faster, ship more faster to distributors, volume equals profit. In the long term, people cost more to have than equipment, cut costs, manufacturer faster, more automation.

Just try calling (if you can find a phone number, try that one on the www.remington.com) any of the major firearms manufacturers to get to a technician. Takes 5 transfers through an automatic phone routing system until you get in the hold/wait line for a tech that is usually not 100% in the know about what you need (simple or complex). That indicates they really don't value what you are calling about. I just did this for Leupold question/repair, Remington parts, Winchester question/parts, and Browning question/parts, all were frustating with limited results.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
MikeNZ, you don't seem to know much about how inventions, product development, and product engineering work.

A lot of basic compositions, processes are invented by physicists, chemists, and medical doctors, none of whom ever build anything more than something to prove the concept and maybe get a patent.

From there on, engineers and marketing experts must come up with potential or real customers, and design real, working products using those basic scientific principles, to sell and make money.

Just this week, two American physicists won the Nobel prize in physics for their discoveries and development of the principles of fiber optics, but they didn't develop the products. Likewise, Jack Kilby, inventor of the integrated circuit and pocket calculator, never built anything outside a laboratory; he licensed his ideas to Texas Instruments, Intel, Casio, etc.

Likewise, a company which builds nanotechnology equipment (and hold multiple patents on various plasma vaporization and deposition processes) hired me as a consultant to help develop their current generation of machines. Remington is one customer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was this before or after you invented the foreskin?

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What exactly did you develop for Remington Lee?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Nobody "designed for Remington" anything, anymore than GM or Ford designed their truck especially for you, other than your ordering some special options you wanted/needed. Remington did not develop this coating for the XCR. It has been around for years, as I have detailed in a prior discussion.

My role was to develop a new generation of controls for all the machines built by this company, including machines yet to be designed. I also designed a test and simulation system which could be configured as a virtual machine, in order to test an debug software for each machine, since many of them are custom built for a very specific application and often a proprietary one, and installed in Europe or Asia. In the process of developing this software and control hardware, I worked on a variety of existing and new machines, and being a mechanical engineer as well, I participated in the mechanical design of new machines, improvements to existing ones and ones on the drawing board. Remington purchased one of those machines.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I believe that. I worked for a large company and everyone had to sign a contract that any "concepts, machines, improvements, adaptations, etc, etc," that we came up with belonged to the company. And I was in customer service. Well, duh.

Aim for the exit hole.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nobody "designed for Remington" anything, anymore than GM or Ford designed their truck especially for you, other than your ordering some special options you wanted/needed. Remington did not develop this coating for the XCR. It has been around for years, as I have detailed in a prior discussion.

My role was to develop a new generation of controls for all the machines built by this company, including machines yet to be designed. I also designed a test and simulation system which could be configured as a virtual machine, in order to test an debug software for each machine, since many of them are custom built for a very specific application and often a proprietary one, and installed in Europe or Asia. In the process of developing this software and control hardware, I worked on a variety of existing and new machines, and being a mechanical engineer as well, I participated in the mechanical design of new machines, improvements to existing ones and ones on the drawing board. Remington purchased one of those machines.

Well sheet,

why didn't you say so? Reminds me of the time last year that I test drove the yet to be designed BMW nuclear 7 Series and recommended fixes for problems they hadn't thought of yet.............

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Badger,
It sounds like that new 760iL goes like it has a nuclear powerplant under the hood!
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

So Lee, was your title: "Consulting Sanitation Engineer"

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This Lee person gives us real engineers a bad name.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BMT

So Lee, was your title: "Consulting Sanitation Engineer"

Please. Its rude to mock.
In essence, what Lee24 is telling us is that one, his wife drives him crazy. Two, he can make oatmeal, too. And three.

Have an A1 Day!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
All this tacky [bleep] aside, has Pdog Shooter ever contacted Remington or the dealer about his screwed up gun?? and if he did, what did they do?
You guys are ruthless.

Aim for the exit hole.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
No, I did not contact Remington.

It was easier and quicker to fix the damned thing myself.

Something I find myself doing often these days.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jcdixon77
id agree but its still better than on of them 710s,atrs,variuos chepos

I don't care what people say about the 710...I am extremely happy with the one I purchased. Picked it up off a guy I worked with, who had many pics to prove it was a killer. Got it, 3/4 of a box of Win Supreme Ballistic Silvertips and a case for under $200. One HELL of a deal IMHO.

I think the problem is that too many people are trying to compare it to the 700. Thats not what it was made for. It was designed to allow people to get into shooting and hunting without spending an arm and leg to get started.

I took mine and did this to it:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Not bad for hand cut stencils and spray bombs smile Plus a little creativity hehe

Craig R. Collier
~Grizzly Custom Knives~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
BTW, I don't feel like reading through 8 pages to see if this is covered...but.

Anyone have a solution for the new Remington 870 Express SuperMags not grabbing shells out of the chamber when you shuck the action?

I picked up a box of winchester steel target loads (like $5 a box at walmart) to break this gun in with out in the woods. About 1 or 2 out of every 5 shells will not eject easily, you really have to shuck the action to yank it out.

Ive read around online that people are having this issue, but no one can seem to give me a straight answer on how to combat it. OR if its normal for a new gun to do this until it gets broken in. It is my first 870.

Craig R. Collier
~Grizzly Custom Knives~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The last NIB current 700 offerings I've played with,did like they've always done,after some modest bedding,trigger tweak and fed ammo in it's accords.

The scatterguns have really suffered though..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaleWhiteCracker
The last NIB current 700 offerings I've played with,did like they've always done,after some modest bedding,trigger tweak and fed ammo in it's accords.

You would have gotten along with Swampman700 very nicely..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can't know him..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 4 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1OntarioJim, 163bc, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 22250rem, 2500HD, 52 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,915
Posts18,518,712
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.