-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not worth it except for chuckles.. He was good at providing that.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those sorts do abound..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Swampman710 quotes: "Good rifles don't need to bedded", "I have never seen a Remington 700 that needed the trigger adjusted", and my favorite "The Bushnell Banner is better than any Leupold" He was fun for awhile!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She sounds entertaining,for certain.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The common denominator with her and Lee was neither could be insulted enough to leave.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 340boy
This Lee person gives us real engineers a bad name.

Isn't that the friggin' truth! eek

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I wonder if Lee24 aint a guy I work with we got an instructor at the school I teach at he is a engineer,taxidermist,professional fisherman,lure designer,fishing, rod designer,machinist,master plumber,electrician, heavy equipment operator,ace mechanic,collision repair man,inveted the compressed natural gas engine and hydrogen fuel cell,and has killed so many deer that scored over 140 he does not even hunt any longer. i think he tells so many lies he believes his self

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
at the least, a family member

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
None of you are engineers. The engineers on this forum with whom I have corresponded understand what I say, and often back it up. Of course, you don't understand them, either.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Lee24
None of you are engineers. The engineers on this forum with whom I have corresponded understand what I say, and often back it up. Of course, you don't understand them, either.

More claims, without proof.

Par for the [bleep]' course.................

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was an Engineer once...my uncle, under his watchful eye, let me drive the train for over a half mile....
maybe that's what he talking about??

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I may not be a practicing engineer but hold a Bach of Science in Aerospace Engineering. I know enough to spot wikipedia inspired knowledge. So these "engineers" with whom you converse, did they get their expertise from wiki too?

RH

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by himmelrr

I may not be a practicing engineer but hold a Bach of Science in Aerospace Engineering. I know enough to spot wikipedia inspired knowledge. So these "engineers" with whom you converse, did they get their expertise from wiki too?

RH

Those "engineers" with whom he claims to converse, are just as specious as the credentials he claims to have.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bachelors degree in chemical engineering from Montana State University 1995 here.
Since that time I work for a specialty chemical manufacturer developing and applying a variety of surfactants and other agents to a variety of food processing as well as mining and oil field operations.

I don't claim to be the "end all to be all" in the field of engineering,Lee- but I do know a bullshitter when I see one.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Lee, I am less than 6 months away from having my Bachelor's of Science in Civil Engineering, and with luck on Saturday after an 8 hour FE exam, I will have my EIT certificate. You, from what I have gathered, have absolutely no real engineering experience. The things you talk about often go against the most basic physical principles. I am far from being the brightest engineer in the world, though it easy to deduce from your posts you have no idea what you're talking about.

In short, you are full of schit. I'd appreciate it if you quit making all the other "real" engineers here and elsewhere look bad. Making bold claims that you are an engineer, when in fact you're not, could bring about more than just being ridiculed on this board.

I'd love to see a copy of either your EIT certificate, or your PE license. Considering your self proclaimed intelligence, my guess is you didn't even bother wasting your time with an FE exam and took the PE test right out of college....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I would be highly suprised if a single individual on this forum that has recieved a BS in engineering from an acredited university, or a licensed PE on this forum would back up anything that you've said.

I'd say the 17 years working as an engineer since I recieved my BSME is enough to ascertain that you are completely fullashit, and that's a professional opinion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After practicing engineering for 40 odd years, my observation is that EFFECTIVE engineers (just like folks in any other profession) do not have the overwhelming need to try to impress others.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
458Lott, if you are a mechanical engineer, why don't you stop the childish profanity and try to explain where you disagree with me about something technical. I just posted a detailed explanation of how I designed the control software for a CNC machine in another thread, and explained fatigue in actions in this one. Did you see something there with which you disagree?

Could it be that you have never designed a machine as complex as a plasma vapor deposition chamber, and it is entirely outside your realm of knowledge. That's fine. So your experience is in something else, maybe something very narrow and deep.

southtexas, I certainly have no need to try to impress any of the rude punks who haunt these forums. When I offer an opinion or explanation, and someone wants to know why I hold that opinion, or how do I know something, I don't mind telling them my direct experience in that area.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Not an Engineer by education, but that is the title I have held in various capacities for the last 5 years or so(process engineer in the pharmaceutical industry, with steam sterilization my field of 'expertise'). I know a couple of guys who hold PE liscense and have never had any 'formal' engineering education, and can tell you that Lee ain't one of em. What he really means when he says he helped develop something is that he helped either drill some holes in the machine or they let him tighten a few bolts with adult supervision. You know, he 'helped' to develop it.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
As to the PLC stuff, what kind of controllers and plcs did you use? what logic? what kind of control sensors did you use to control the amount of product deposited on the piece being treated? How did you determine the amount of vapor present in the chamber and rate of deposit? What sort of permisisves did you use? 12v,24v or 120v?

Page 5 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (117LBS, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 47 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,920
Posts18,518,786
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.