Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 31 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 30 31
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Lee24
Like I would spend my time and money to fly across the country to shoot against someone who doesn't even rate having their scores posted in the official match reports.

frequent flyer miles!

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Nobody "designed for Remington" anything, anymore than GM or Ford designed their truck especially for you, other than your ordering some special options you wanted/needed. Remington did not develop this coating for the XCR. It has been around for years, as I have detailed in a prior discussion.

My role was to develop a new generation of controls for all the machines built by this company, including machines yet to be designed. I also designed a test and simulation system which could be configured as a virtual machine, in order to test an debug software for each machine, since many of them are custom built for a very specific application and often a proprietary one, and installed in Europe or Asia. In the process of developing this software and control hardware, I worked on a variety of existing and new machines, and being a mechanical engineer as well, I participated in the mechanical design of new machines, improvements to existing ones and ones on the drawing board. Remington purchased one of those machines.

So is this where you explained what you did? Sounds like a whole lot of very vague and general information. What kind of new control system was it? What kind of sensors did you use? Did you use lasers as the particle sensor to determine particle droplet size and concentration? What did you use to determine the thickness of the deposition on the piece being treated ulrtasonic or magnetic resonances to determine thickness? What did you use to control the whole system, PLCs or towers? If you used towers, how large was the program you wrote? I am not asking for trade secrets( if it is a patened system, then there is no trade secret on it anyway). what sort of variables can you change on the virtual machine to simulate issues and assist in trouble shooting both the equipment and the process itself? Come on man, it seems to be a very interesting system, dazzle me.

Last edited by bryguy; 10/21/09.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
(sic)

Could it be that you have never designed a machine as complex as a plasma vapor deposition chamber, and it is entirely outside your realm of knowledge. That's fine. So your experience is in something else, maybe something very narrow and deep.

(sic)

Actually I do know a bit about plasma vapor deposition as I worked as a process and equipment engineer for five years producing disks for hard drives. I'd be quite interested in hearing some details of the system you designed. I also worked a wee bit with plc controls. So your claims are far from entirely outside my realm of knowledge.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Like I would spend my time and money to fly across the country to shoot against someone who doesn't even rate having their scores posted in the official match reports.

lee24,

how's this work for you?

for that tournament in arizona in december: i buy you the plane ticket, you fly out saturday, we shoot sunday, and you fly back sunday pm. i'll provide the rifle & ammo for you. can't make it much more convenient. of course if you'd rather, we can find something on your side of the country (as i said previously, butner or quantico). whichever you agree to, just be sure to bring your south carolina .375h&h!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To engineer something, you have to be able to explain the physics or chemistry of how something works.

And that is precisely where you fail, Lee. I'm not a Mech E, though I was headed that way before I switched to Civil. I admittedly don't know much about circuits or thermodynamics, though I can probably call BS when it comes to physics, statics, mechanics, and material properties. The fact you tried to claim that Glocks use "jet propulsion forces" to function properly told me that you have not a clue what is going on.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Civil Engineering sucks. smile

Camp is where you make it.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Scorpion, I have done a bit of civil engineering, too.

I designed and built lakes and 25-foot steel bridge and 40-foot concrete bridge across the overflow weirs of the dams, before I was 14 years old. My father was not an engineer, but he let us do whatever we were capable of doing on the farms. Later, for a graduate course in civil engineering, I engineered the largest one again, including all the soil analysis and run off calculations, just to match up to our historical records.

Since then, I have engineered 6 buildings over 10 stories tall and one over 20 stories, and supervised construction on them - site, utilities, electrical, fire, HVAC, structural modifications, plumbing, all of it.

I have engineered large civil sites up to 280 acres paved, including roads, drainage, water, sewer, and electrical duct banks.

If you don't understand machine design and high speed dynamics, don't comment on my explanations.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Scorpion, I have done a bit of civil engineering, too.

I designed and built lakes and 25-foot steel bridge and 40-foot concrete bridge across the overflow weirs of the dams, before I was 14 years old. My father was not an engineer, but he let us do whatever we were capable of doing on the farms. Later, for a graduate course in civil engineering, I engineered the largest one again, including all the soil analysis and run off calculations, just to match up to our historical records.

Since then, I have engineered 6 buildings over 10 stories tall and one over 20 stories, and supervised construction on them - site, utilities, electrical, fire, HVAC, structural modifications, plumbing, all of it.

I have engineered large civil sites up to 280 acres paved, including roads, drainage, water, sewer, and electrical duct banks.

If you don't understand machine design and high speed dynamics, don't comment on my explanations.

I almost pissed myself.

grin

Leggo's don't count.

grin

Last edited by tzone; 10/21/09.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Hardy har har, tzone. If reading anything mildly technical makes you "p---- yourself", then go look at some girly pix posted by the other teens on this web site.

By tomorrow, a couple more of you who haven't a clue about PVD or anything else related to Remington will have posted more stupid grafitti.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No it's not that....

just that some us REAL engineers really do design things, but we don't need to brag about it on the internet. It shows up on our paychecks.

Does anybody but you really buy the bullschit your selling?

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
i invented boobs.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Lee24
Just out of curiousity, how old are you?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Northern Dave
Nice design- Would appreciate some top views and side views (Just for scientific puposes, of course)

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
pssst, lee24, how 'bout it? let's shoot!!

we can even do smallbore rifle (i can provide you a rifle & ammo for that, too!) or pistol (i'll use one of yours, ok? if not, i can borrow from friends). i'm not sure how to make it any easier, bro'!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ND,

I think they're a bit over engineered. Kind of like the F-4 Phantom...Looks good sitting still, even better when moving and you can see them coming from a long way off! grin

RH

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing wrong with a GOOD set of screw-ons...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Royce
Northern Dave
Nice design- Would appreciate some top views and side views (Just for scientific puposes, of course)

thank you.

I'm kind of proud of that project.

I had to create time travel first so I could go back in time & work with god to correct his original cube shaped design.

You are all very welcome.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
i invented boobs.

[Linked Image]

You silly teen.

BTW, hell of an invention. grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone

You silly teen.

guilty grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
that's what lee 24 called us... grin

because this is such a serious place and all.

Page 7 of 31 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (260madman, 25aught6, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1234, 260Remguy, 61 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,945
Posts18,519,152
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.