Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 31 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 30 31
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Lee24
Scorpion, I have done a bit of civil engineering, too.

I designed and built lakes and 25-foot steel bridge and 40-foot concrete bridge across the overflow weirs of the dams, before I was 14 years old. My father was not an engineer, but he let us do whatever we were capable of doing on the farms. Later, for a graduate course in civil engineering, I engineered the largest one again, including all the soil analysis and run off calculations, just to match up to our historical records.

Since then, I have engineered 6 buildings over 10 stories tall and one over 20 stories, and supervised construction on them - site, utilities, electrical, fire, HVAC, structural modifications, plumbing, all of it.

I have engineered large civil sites up to 280 acres paved, including roads, drainage, water, sewer, and electrical duct banks.

If you don't understand machine design and high speed dynamics, don't comment on my explanations.

The wiki knowledge is strong with this one.

Lee, I wasn't commenting on your machine design. I made a direct reference to you in a thread on the handgun forum saying that Glock handguns use 'jet propulsion forces', which is a line of bull.

Also, your entire above quoted post must make you easily the most talented engineer in the world. It would be somewhat believable to me if you only claimed to be one type of engineer. The fact you claim to be an expert mechanical engineer, along with being an ace civil engineer (before you could even drive a car), makes me throw up the BS flag. There is no way that a 14 year old could actually design and build a steel or concrete bridge of that size, properly.

With the talent you clearly must have, I am sure a man of your caliber has received numerous awards from professional organizations. Pray, do tell, Lee. I'd love for you go into a few details about all of your concrete designs, as well as highway designs. What roads did you design and build? State DOTs keep records of these things, and it would be quite easy to find out IF you actually did design a certain road/highway.

What about buildings? If you have "engineered" 7+ buildings, Lee, you HAVE to have a PE License. What state are you registered with and what is your license number? That would be the easy way to validate your claims. It's a simple matter to check with whatever state you claim to be licensed in.

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yes I know, it was as if I was summoned to a thread I was otherwise uninterested in.

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone
Civil Engineering sucks. smile

Ain't that the truth smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You know lee, I have pic of nearly every project I've been involved in, but instead of boring someone such as your self with silly little billion dollar DOT projects, lets see some of yours.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Does anybody but you really buy the bullschit your selling?

NO.
That doesn't seem to keep him from piling it all the thicker,however.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Originally Posted by Lee24
Scorpion, I have done a bit of civil engineering, too.

I designed and built lakes and 25-foot steel bridge and 40-foot concrete bridge across the overflow weirs of the dams, before I was 14 years old. My father was not an engineer, but he let us do whatever we were capable of doing on the farms. Later, for a graduate course in civil engineering, I engineered the largest one again, including all the soil analysis and run off calculations, just to match up to our historical records.

Since then, I have engineered 6 buildings over 10 stories tall and one over 20 stories, and supervised construction on them - site, utilities, electrical, fire, HVAC, structural modifications, plumbing, all of it.

I have engineered large civil sites up to 280 acres paved, including roads, drainage, water, sewer, and electrical duct banks.

If you don't understand machine design and high speed dynamics, don't comment on my explanations.

The wiki knowledge is strong with this one.

Lee, I wasn't commenting on your machine design. I made a direct reference to you in a thread on the handgun forum saying that Glock handguns use 'jet propulsion forces', which is a line of bull.

Also, your entire above quoted post must make you easily the most talented engineer in the world. It would be somewhat believable to me if you only claimed to be one type of engineer. The fact you claim to be an expert mechanical engineer, along with being an ace civil engineer (before you could even drive a car), makes me throw up the BS flag. There is no way that a 14 year old could actually design and build a steel or concrete bridge of that size, properly.

With the talent you clearly must have, I am sure a man of your caliber has received numerous awards from professional organizations. Pray, do tell, Lee. I'd love for you go into a few details about all of your concrete designs, as well as highway designs. What roads did you design and build? State DOTs keep records of these things, and it would be quite easy to find out IF you actually did design a certain road/highway.

What about buildings? If you have "engineered" 7+ buildings, Lee, you HAVE to have a PE License. What state are you registered with and what is your license number? That would be the easy way to validate your claims. It's a simple matter to check with whatever state you claim to be licensed in.

Scorpion,
well said.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He has quite an impressive resume to say the least. Not sure if there is anything he hasn't done regardless of the field.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
and still finds time to "invent" and design coatings for Remington.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, 340boy. I just can't take Lee's lies anymore.

tzone, the only boring thing about DOT projects is following the paver for miles and miles and miles. laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty humble that he still helps out the little guys

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I know a little about engineering I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. grin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sorry guys but Dave's Boob design wins! He out engineered everybody! laugh

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sorry guys but Dave's Boob design wins! He out engineered everybody!

you are right, sometimes the simple designs are the best

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

tzone, the only boring thing about DOT projects is following the paver for miles and miles and miles. laugh

I do like paving in late Oct, early Nov. when it keeps your feet warm. smile

My favorite part is taking nuc densities for weeks on end. Nothing like hurring up and waiting. smile

I'd rather do that though than sit in an ofice for the next 5 years like I'll be doing.

'tis better on the really hot days and really cold days.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Back to Northern Dave's project...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Sorry guys but Dave's Boob design wins! He out engineered everybody! laugh

Certainly an elegant design, that.
Good finish work, also...
grin

James Elroy Flecker

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
can't wait 'til he pulls that cover off to un-veil the finished product.

grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I do like paving in late Oct, early Nov. when it keeps your feet warm. smile

My favorite part is taking nuc densities for weeks on end. Nothing like hurring up and waiting. smile

I'd rather do that though than sit in an ofice for the next 5 years like I'll be doing.

'tis better on the really hot days and really cold days.

I hear you there. We had a very cold summer this year, and I worked on a project that was nights only. When it got down to 50 degrees it made it nice standing by 300 degree asphalt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
can't wait 'til he pulls that cover off to un-veil the finished product.

grin

No doubt!
I just need tickets to front row seats for the big event.

James Elroy Flecker

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
bunch of children the whole lott of you....

grin

Something clever here.

Page 8 of 31 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (222Sako, 257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 12344mag, 44 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,917
Posts18,518,767
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.