Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Some hacker is blocking the home page. Had to go through the google ca Canada to get it.
Will forward to everyone I know. Fellas this is one thing we can't sit on our hands for. less than 50 days. lets get this thing going right around the world.

Good man.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"HEY, don't confuse derby dude with that liberal ass troll Dudejcb!!!!! We ain't the same people."

But of course, DD. No confusion on my part. I was talking to the Dudettejcb.

He's obviously one of those guys that will listen only to 'scientist' who are paid to concoct evidence and make predictions off of their concoctions while remaining ignoramous in the face of facts. There seems to be no shortage of these kind of 'scientists'. Pretty much every real scientist on planet has called foul on the global warming frenzy the government and media has worked so hard to create. Tens of thousands of them have come foreward stating their opinion that it's a hoax in its entirety. Unfortunately government doesn't have that many on the payroll so anyone inclined to read up on things will quickly disregard the obvious lies that thin minded liberals swallow without question.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
The sovereignty issue is THE most important to me, yet you would think that even some of the JeffO's out there would take note of their boy giving away all this money to other countries in the midst of the worst economic crisis of our lifetimes.

The JeffdoucheO's will just say the moslem inherited the problem from Bush. And then they would retort by saying what would McCain do?

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
bump

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
"HEY, don't confuse derby dude with that liberal ass troll Dudejcb!!!!! We ain't the same people."
Are you schitzophrenic, or do you just not know how to quote a post so it makes sense?

Pretty much every real scientist on planet has called foul on the global warming frenzy the government
Really? which "real" scientists would those be? You're not talking about the one's supported by the oil and coal industries are you?

Tens of thousands of them have come foreward stating their opinion that it's a hoax in its entirety.
That seems like an awful lot of scientists. where can we find a list.

[/quote]You're pretty good at name calling and making wild unsupported assertions, but short on logical, dispassionate, discussion of issues. what is it you've been "read(ing) up" on?

Faux science is alive and well. The tobacco companies had doctors and "scientists" in their pocket for years, all the time knowing cigarettes were lethal and nicotine was addictive. But they were having a good time making lots of money, and in fact had enough money to buy off the weak integrity of some propogand doctors to do their bidding thorugh some bogus non-profit front group like "Citizens for Clean Lungs." That's not a particularly uncommmon strategy, but the easily fooled are...easily fooled.

Tell me; whatever happened to the Marlboro Man. (I already know the answer. he died of lung cancer and blamed his old bosses.)

the bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean...
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Quick question: what does cigarettes have to do with the bogus global warming?

Just wondering if you remember some of these same 'scientists' issuing dire warnings of global cooling back in the mid-seventies? (musta been those in the pockets of coal industry).

What about the dire warnings of acid rain? What about the dire warnings of ebola? What about the dire warnings of bird flu?

If you ax me, an awful lot of 'scientists' seem to be plenty wrong.. But you believe the GW 'crisis' now??

Laughable..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dudejcb
You guys are big on name calling and tough talk, but I don't scare. I've been at this energy thing over thrity years and am scientifically qualified to know BS from truth on this subject and few others.

Lee?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by PJGunner
What causes climate change, or global warming or global cooling for that matter is the sun itself. A very simple analogt would be one of those gas powdered Coleman lanterns. If you don't keep them pumped up, the light waxes and wanes due to the erratic pressure and lowering fuel level. Pump it up and it gets bright. Let the air pressure drop and it gets dim.

Paul, that is one way to look at it. but there are lots of additonal things that can effect the intensity of the sun's impact on the planet. Sunspots, atmospheric makeup of elements and compounds, global shading (atmospheric particulates from fire, volcanos, excessivley large wind storms, etc.) and the reflectivity of the earth's surface.

Originally Posted by PJGunner
While I don't know the physics on how the sun operates, over the eons there has been radical climate change well before the advent of man. At one time, the mean temperature was on the order of 120 degrees. Man was nowhere around. Later, temperatures dropped so much that the glaciers literally covered massive areas of the earth's land mass. [quote=PJGunner] yes that's right. The difference is that those changes happened more gradually which allowed a lot of species to evolve along with the changes; the way girzzlies adapted to become polar bears during the last ice age, but aren't faring quite so well in reverse. Rapid climatic change doesn't allow sufficint time for genetic adaptaion to occur and species simply die out. I'm not in a hurry to be one of those.

[quote=PJGunner]I guess Al Gore must be right. After all, he did invent the internet, right?
He never said he invented the internet. He was a senator when the defense department demonstrated what it was working on (the recursor to the internet), and he was one of the first to be supportive of their efforts in terms of voting for additonal research money.

It's funny (not funny Ha Ha, but funny wierd and sad) how effective, cheap and long lasting personal distortion and smear campaigns can be.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Redneck
Quick question: what does cigarettes have to do with the bogus global warming?
the energy industry is utilizing the same 'discounting" strategy that the tobacco companies did back then. they hire so called experts to confuse the science and the public.

Just wondering if you remember some of these same 'scientists' issuing dire warnings of global cooling back in the mid-seventies?
Yeah, I remember. Turns out they were right about the wrong thing. It seems now that what was happening was global shading from particulates (from air pollution) that decreased the amount of sunlight reaching the surface, and slowed the evaporation rates scientists were monitoring. this masked the early effects of warming.

What about the dire warnings of acid rain? What about the dire warnings of ebola? What about the dire warnings of bird flu?
What about acid rain? didn't you see what happened in the northeast and in Europe?

I don't recall panicky warnings about ebola, just some news headlines,a 60-minutes segment, and some sci-fi movies. Bird flu? Dunno, the wardens have checked my limit of ducks a few times. apparently they flew the other way, or the chinese turned them into wontons.

If you ax me, an awful lot of 'scientists' seem to be plenty wrong.. But you believe the GW 'crisis' now??
That's what science does. It tries to make sense of observations and explain the phenomena, but very often they find they've made a mistake and then improve their understanding accordingly. Science isn't always right, but it always strives to be right and isn't afraid to correct itself in order to be more accurate.

To not believe in science, is to believe in magic. Now that's laughable.

Last edited by Dudejcb; 10/22/09.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The exact quote was, "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

What he meant is anyone's guess. Like all politicians, he took great pains to make all of his statements ambiguous enough to mean whatever he wanted it to mean.

As for Global Warming? I'll take Monckton's word over any internet "expert". Considering that the environmental movement has been co-opted by watermelons, I don't see any reason to believe anything they say. I witnessed the economic devastation wrought by the Spotted Owl hoax. The agenda of the watermelons is political not environmental.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
You guys are big on name calling and tough talk, but I don't scare. I've been at this energy thing over thrity years and am scientifically qualified to know BS from truth on this subject and few others.

Lee?

.......Really,

Hoping they haven't cloned him.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
dftft

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
all the time knowing cigarettes were lethal and nicotine was addictive.

Tell me; whatever happened to the Marlboro Man. (I already know the answer. he died of lung cancer and blamed his old bosses.)

The 2 actors that portrayed the Marlboro Man that died of cancer, died of brain cancer. Yes they both had lung cancer but it was the brain cancer that killed them. The anti-smokers latch on to this but there were dozens of actors and cowboys who were the Marlboro Man and didn't get cancer.

The actual warning is cigarettes MAY cause cancer. Do I think smoking is a good thing, no. But if smoking caused cancer everyone who smoked would get cancer, not just a very small percentage.

As for nicotine, it always has been a deadly poison, easily absorbed through the skin. It also quickly metabolizes out of your system. Something around 16 hours after exposure and it is gone.....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I'd like to think this is bogus.

SOMEONE,......please tell me it's a figment of an overactive do-down-down.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMe5dOgbu40

GTC
It's absolutely true. The John Birch Society has been shouting this from the roof tops since the 1950s, compiling and disseminating mountains of documentation to prove it. To long time readers of their publications, what we are observing today are merely the latest stages of the long held plans of the power elite (the folks great men in American history have been warning us against since Andrew Jackson), and precisely on schedule. None of this is any surprise to a Bircher. Where have you been?

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
yeah, ceding US sovereignty is sooooo likely. being hit by a comet is more likely. Yup, I'll be losing sleep over this.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
He never said he invented the internet. He was a senator when the defense department demonstrated what it was working on (the recursor to the internet), and he was one of the first to be supportive of their efforts in terms of voting for additonal research money.

It's funny (not funny Ha Ha, but funny wierd and sad) how effective, cheap and long lasting personal distortion and smear campaigns can be.

Bovine Excrement.

Here's what he said:

during an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN (March 9, 1999) stated "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system." This has frequently been distorted by opponents to say that Gore claimed to have "invented the Internet".

Here's what create means:

Main Entry: 1cre�ate
Pronunciation: \krē-ˈāt, ˈkrē-ˌ\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): cre�at�ed; cre�at�ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin creatus, past participle of creare; akin to Latin crescere to grow � more at crescent
Date: 14th century
transitive verb
1 : to bring into existence <God created the heaven and the earth � Gen 1:1(Authorized Version)>
2 a : to invest with a new form, office, or rank <was created a lieutenant> b : to produce or bring about by a course of action or behavior <her arrival created a terrible fuss> <create new jobs>
3 : cause, occasion <famine creates high food prices>
4 a : to produce through imaginative skill <create a painting> b : design <creates dresses>
intransitive verb
1 : to make or bring into existence something new
2 : to set up a scoring opportunity in basketball <create off the dribble>

Now anyone but a brain-dead Moveon flunky (in all sincerity, that is obviously not you) would understand that algore does not posess the ability to create much of anything but misery for others and personal hypocrasy destined to be legend. The point is, he was reaching for the stars in self-aggrandization concerning a concept he had absolutely no hands on involvement with, nor could he professionally or technically. That's lying.

And now that his lies regarding global warming have been exposed, he is obfuscating.

Environmental science is a worthy and essential discipline. Unfortunately, it is also full of agenda driven, politically correct, group-thinkers who have transformed it into a polarizing travesty. That's lying too, even if ya'll can't or won't see it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Guys, dudejcb is a turd from Obama's Office of Propaganda. Don't feed the troll.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We saw an influx of those kool-aid drinkers during the campaign.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
N
N
Kept your powder dry boys, we're going to need it sooner or later unless you just want to stick you head up your a## or in the sand. We're the only country that can still defend our selves from tyrants' although DC is trying to change that also.
History shows the folly of men like obama and his gang. I'm just glad that I'm not a young person, the future looks bleek with the left leading the way.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Navy... Ya know, I am with you too. I am GLAD I am not a youngster any longer.
I am in NO HURRY to leave this life and earth, BUT, I do fear for the younger generation and what happens to them. I am sure I won't live long enough to see the ultimate end of our Country and for that I am glad. It just saddens me to see so many racing towards its end. What a wonderful experiment we were for a couple of hundred years.
It is too bad we could not and cannot hold on to the wonderful plans of our fore fathers.
It is too bad that the best experiment in freedom and liberty

DIED

From people trying to REDEFINE the Constitution

Last edited by Ruger 4570; 10/22/09.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (35, 308ld, 808outdoors, AdventureBound, BangPop, Akhutr, 6 invisible), 1,152 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,686
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.