Page 13 of 31 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 30 31
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Originally Posted by Lee24
If you want to discuss engineering, why don't you do it?
What is your experience designing machinery or large buildings, or ponds and small bridges? Or anything?

If you have no credentials, don't pretend you can judge mine, or anyone else's.

I'd love to hear your technical knowledge of designing concrete structures, and any roads or buildings you have done.

If you claim to have done "99% of the engineering" on a condo in NC, you've got to have a PE. Once again, what is your license number and the state you are registered in? If you are such a great engineer, you should be at least willing to put up your PE license number so that it can be verified?

Lee, you are full of schit, and know nothing about civil engineering. Simple as that.

Lee, quit evading the question.

Only play he's got.

Though, you have to admit, for a fat man, he's slippery and quick.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I've already talked more engineering than any of you understand.
That's why you are all talking trash.
Maybe I need to post some more 7 to 10-lb bass photos.

Nope, seen plenty tiny bass...Let's see some of your engineering marvels.

Just One pic lee. that's it.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
must be trying to google some "ocean condo's"

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
If you want to discuss engineering, why don't you do it?
What is your experience designing machinery or large buildings, or ponds and small bridges? Or anything?

If you have no credentials, don't pretend you can judge mine, or anyone else's.

I'd love to hear your technical knowledge of designing concrete structures, and any roads or buildings you have done.

If you claim to have done "99% of the engineering" on a condo in NC, you've got to have a PE. Once again, what is your license number and the state you are registered in? If you are such a great engineer, you should be at least willing to put up your PE license number so that it can be verified?

Lee, you are full of schit, and know nothing about civil engineering. Simple as that.

Lee, quit evading the question.

Only play he's got.

Though, you have to admit, for a fat man, he's slippery and quick.

Yep. He very could have a PhD in escape & evasion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 340boy

Civil engineers do most of the structural engineering on large buildings. Mechanical engineers usually do the rest, because their education is the broadest, covering civil, electrical, mechanical and some chemical engineering.

The only common coursework betwixt ME and ChE (not including calculus and physics) is general chemistry and 1st semester thermodynamics and perhaps introductory fluid mechanics.
No unit operations, no industrial stoichiometry(the main basis for ChE) no solution thermodynamics and no reaction kinetics,organic chemistry, physical chemistry, etc.

As far as EE and ME goes, there is even less in common, that being sophomore level introductory electrical circuits...
Weak, Lee, very weak.

And to continue that even further, the only correlation between ME and CE is basic statics, mechanics, and dynamics. No ME programs that I know of teach structural design, especially not with concrete. And they sure as hell don't teach hydrology, water resources, or geotechnical classes either. The closest that ME courses get to building/structure design would maybe be HVAC or plumbing design, and those are usually graduate level courses.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and am a licensed Civil and Structural Engineer here in Cali. Anxiously awaiting Lee's replies to the previous statements.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I know nothering about engineering or the like, but don't you need to be licensed in every state you do work in or is this something that you can work under another's license on large scale projects where many others are involved.

You normally register in the state you live in, and it is often honored by other states as well. Sometimes you must pay additional administrative fees to receive another states license, and some states like CA may make you take an additional exam. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, I hate to say it, but after a little research on Google I found a picture of Lee working on the lake he designed and built on his family farm. Thinking this is more proof than anything we have seen from Lee so far.

[Linked Image]

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy

Civil engineers do most of the structural engineering on large buildings. Mechanical engineers usually do the rest, because their education is the broadest, covering civil, electrical, mechanical and some chemical engineering.

The only common coursework betwixt ME and ChE (not including calculus and physics) is general chemistry and 1st semester thermodynamics and perhaps introductory fluid mechanics.
No unit operations, no industrial stoichiometry(the main basis for ChE) no solution thermodynamics and no reaction kinetics,organic chemistry, physical chemistry, etc.

As far as EE and ME goes, there is even less in common, that being sophomore level introductory electrical circuits...
Weak, Lee, very weak.

To all,
My above post was in error.
EE's do take statics and dynamics-which are also required for ME majors.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Scorpion, if you read the posts before responding, you would see that I took a graduate course in building dams, weirs, open channel drainage systems, etc, and also a course in reinforced concrete design, because I have always done construction engineering and site project management periodically over my career. If I get a chance, I intend to take a nuclear course - always trying to learn more about fields where I have worked, and may work again.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Now, if any of you want to discuss Remington, or YOUR engineering projects related to Remington, go ahead.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
And, Liar24, your PE number is what again? And, in what state?

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
You're slipping, Liar24..........................................

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Funny, he don't look like he drinks Corona Dos Equis with a table full of beautiful women...................................

Fixed it. wink

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Now, if any of you want to discuss Remington, or YOUR engineering projects related to Remington, go ahead.

I don't think you have the necessary clearance for me to discuss any of my engineering projects. Further, I don't think that you're qualified enough to analyze what I've done. TZone and Scorpion, though, have been sent some of my material to review and discuss.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by mathman
Funny, he don't look like he drinks Corona Dos Equis with a table full of beautiful women...................................

Fixed it. wink

Ah, right you are. I sit corrected.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Excellent!

Would you believe at this very moment I'm sitting in a graduate level Open Channel Hydraulics class. Please enlighten me on your knowledge of floodway encroachment analysis. What software have you used to do your stream schematics and water surface elevation calculations?

While you are at it, please tell me a bit about your reinforced concrete knowledge? Here are two simple questions.

1) What is the most common value for phi in the equation (phi)*Mn = Mu?

2) In the equation a=(beta)*c, what is the typical value for beta?

Those should be gimmes, for a guy with your credentials.

Last edited by Scorpion; 10/22/09. Reason: 24hr doesn't like Greek characters
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scorpion,
I wonder if Lee can Google/Wiki his way out of your last post?
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He very well could if his Google-fu is strong enough! laugh

Those should be EASY

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
You know, the fat man has amazing dexterity and strength of Google-Fu. That, you have to give him. Right along with his slipperiness and evasion of direct questions.

Near legendary.

The only thing that trumps it, is his complete lack of veracity.

Page 13 of 31 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 65 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,937
Posts18,519,017
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.