Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 31 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 30 31
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
With you making statements like this, and your complete lack of response to questions regarding your education or subject which you apparently are an expert on, it is hard not to belive you to be a poser.

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yes, civil engineers modernized shipbuilding with their knowledge of steel bridges and buildings. Mechanical and industrial engineers provided the next revolution, in making shipbuilding more of a factory process. Even aircraft carriers today are built in large multi-story units which are assembled into a ship. Try to find a documentary show on TV about Norfolk Naval Shipyard.

All the project management techniques used in construction and other large projects came out of the submarine yards at Groton, CT: PERT, CPM.

The estimating systems for construction of large aircraft, like the industrial engineering method MOST, was developed for chemical plant construction, and first applied at Grumman.

I have done a bit of work on large ships, like the USS George Washington, USS New Jersey, and commercial ships.

---- book on the role of civil engineers in shipbuilding ---------------

The Journal of Military History
Volume 71, Number 1, January 2007

E-ISSN: 1543-7795 Print ISSN: 0899-3718

DOI: 10.1353/jmh.2007.0072

Roberts, William R.
Industrializing American Shipbuilding: The Transformation of Ship Design and Construction, 1820-1920 (review)
The Journal of Military History - Volume 71, Number 1, January 2007, pp. 236-237

Society for Military History

William R. Roberts - Industrializing American Shipbuilding: The Transformation of Ship Design and Construction, 1820-1920 (review) - The Journal of Military History 71:1 The Journal of Military History 71.1 (2006) 236-237 Muse Search Journals This Journal Contents Reviewed by William R. Roberts United States Naval Academy Annapolis, Maryland Industrializing American Shipbuilding: The Transformation of Ship Design and Construction, 1820-1920. By William H. Thiesen. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 2006. ISBN 0-8130-2940-6. Photographs. Illustrations. Notes. Bibliography. Index. Pp. 302. $55.00.

Industrializing American Shipbuilding is an ambitious and detailed examination of the development of American ship design and construction during the nineteenth and early twentieth century.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lee24
WGM, if you don't respect my engineering, by all means, refuse to use any of the products I have worked on, starting with Remington, H&K, many automobiles, and the structural frames of most commercial aircraft. Refuse to get a PSA test, and if you have heart trouble, tell them not to connect you to the vital signs monitor. It's fine with me.

You are a liar, Lee.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Do you really think anyone believes a word you say?
If so, you are delusional.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Mr. Nimrod,
How would you feel if your posts making personal attacks on others were fowarded to your family and your employer? Wouldn't you be embarassed? Try to think about that the next time you are tempted to libel someone.

Triggerguard, how would you feel if you customers saw how you behave on this web site?

Proof of your claims, and thus proof that you are not a lying POS, would be required.

You know you can't produce any proof.

And, you know it's only a matter of time before someone from SC recognizes you and the belly laughs start.

You're slipping, Liar24.................... you're slipping BADLY.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Yes, civil engineers modernized shipbuilding with their knowledge of steel bridges and buildings. Mechanical and industrial engineers provided the next revolution, in making shipbuilding more of a factory process. Even aircraft carriers today are built in large multi-story units which are assembled into a ship. Try to find a documentary show on TV about Norfolk Naval Shipyard.

All the project management techniques used in construction and other large projects came out of the submarine yards at Groton, CT: PERT, CPM.

The estimating systems for construction of large aircraft, like the industrial engineering method MOST, was developed for chemical plant construction, and first applied at Grumman.

I have done a bit of work on large ships, like the USS George Washington, USS New Jersey, and commercial ships.

---- book on the role of civil engineers in shipbuilding ---------------

The Journal of Military History
Volume 71, Number 1, January 2007

E-ISSN: 1543-7795 Print ISSN: 0899-3718

DOI: 10.1353/jmh.2007.0072

Roberts, William R.
Industrializing American Shipbuilding: The Transformation of Ship Design and Construction, 1820-1920 (review)
The Journal of Military History - Volume 71, Number 1, January 2007, pp. 236-237

Society for Military History

William R. Roberts - Industrializing American Shipbuilding: The Transformation of Ship Design and Construction, 1820-1920 (review) - The Journal of Military History 71:1 The Journal of Military History 71.1 (2006) 236-237 Muse Search Journals This Journal Contents Reviewed by William R. Roberts United States Naval Academy Annapolis, Maryland Industrializing American Shipbuilding: The Transformation of Ship Design and Construction, 1820-1920. By William H. Thiesen. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 2006. ISBN 0-8130-2940-6. Photographs. Illustrations. Notes. Bibliography. Index. Pp. 302. $55.00.

Industrializing American Shipbuilding is an ambitious and detailed examination of the development of American ship design and construction during the nineteenth and early twentieth century.

lee24,

yada yada yada!!!!!

just answer folks questions rather than spoutin' off claims.

(bububububububububut i really did all this stuff - yeah right)

WGM, if you don't respect my engineering, by all means, refuse to use any of the products I have worked on, starting with Remington, H&K, many automobiles, and the structural frames of most commercial aircraft. Refuse to get a PSA test, and if you have heart trouble, tell them not to connect you to the vital signs monitor. It's fine with me.

i think maybe you got the psa test confused with a DRE. that's something i believe you may have experience with!

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Mr. Clarkson (VAnimrod), you are dodging my question about how ashamed YOU would be to have your wife, family, friends and co-workers read your libelous attacks on me, and your stalking of people for the purposes of subjecting them to hatred, ridicule, and contempt.

If you have ever take a course in Tort Law, you might recall the phrase, "for the purposes of subjecting them to hatred, ridicule, and contempt". Look it up.

PS: That photograph is by me, not of me, so you are now stalking another person, and he doesn't look like he will play with you.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
"wmeek", the book I recommended is readable by a layman like yourself or "darrenk75b". Don't be intimidated. Got to the library. Any actual civil engineers would already know that what I am trying to tell you is correct, but they might like the book, too.

340boy, you don't believe me because you don't understand what I am trying to tell you. I understand your frustration. Just stop reading and go to a discussion on your level.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Sure, Liar........... whatever you say.

Not.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
"wmeek", the book I recommended is readable by a layman like yourself or "darrenk75b". Don't be intimidated. Got to the library. Any actual civil engineers would already know that what I am trying to tell you is correct, but they might like the book, too.

340boy, you don't believe me because you don't understand what I am trying to tell you. I understand your frustration. Just stop reading and go to a discussion on your level.

lee24,

we don't want books to read, we want you to prove your claims. you can start with the old one - that sc m70 375h&h, then proceed fom there: schools, accredidations, licenses.....

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
wmeek, doesn't the fact that you cannot follow my discussion of any technical subject, on any level, tell you that you should not be saying anything?

I don't understand why someone like yourself, who admits to knowing nothing about any of these topics, would bother to read them, much less disrupt them with your baseless personal attacks. You might want to discuss this with your priest, instead of me. I am not a qualified therapist.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You slander yourself and that is quite a feat...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
As well, utilization of the ASME Code Symbol Stamp is a means of complying with the laws and regulations in all 50 states in the U.S., and all of the provinces of Canada. In addition, it has been estimated that over 100 countries accept the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code as a means of meeting their government safety regulations.
The ASME stamp is just a means to comply with the state codes, which take precedent over any others(similiar to the electrical 'code', which is just a best practices, it is not law per se, but most states and localities choose to use it at a minimum, but most go farther). All of the pressure vessels we use are inspected and certified by the NC dept of Labor, boiler division. Can not do any pressure test till the state inspector shows up a does his thing, then any time any mods are made to the vessel, then it has to be inspected again by the NC inspector, not an ASME engineer. ASME is similiar to ANSI and other trade peer groups in that they provide guidelines, and have no regulatory power, just because most state choose to use their guidlines does not make it a code in the leagal sense.

As to the PSA test, and other medical devices, exactly what sort of input did you have with these items.

Also Lee, perhaps you should ask yourself the same question that you ask the others, how would your friends,family and employer feel about you coming on here and posting what appear to be lie after lie?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The state boiler and pressure vessel codes are based on the ASME standards, and usually drafted by mechanical engineers. You can't continue building a house, much less a skyscraper, until the county or state inspector signs off on progress. That doesn't mean any of the inspectors are qualified to supervise the construction, much less design the house or skyscraper.

brguy, just feel free to not use any of those products, like the DC-10, Boeing 7xx series, or other products where you distrust my contributions to their design and construction.

At least you are educating yourself on the ASME boiler codes to the point of realizing that I was correct in what I told you.

If you study what I told you about civil engineering and shipbuilding, you will have learned a lot more today.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So you claim to have been accomplishing significant engineering feats during DC-10 development... In 1967?

Yeah, right.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The DC-10, and older aircraft, are constantly under maintenance and improvements in materials and structures are made as they are developed. The F-16 was originally an all metal fighter plane, but has been updated with better aluminum structures and composite structures over the years.

I know, from having designed and developed machinery for making those aluminum and composite structures.

Now, I have taught you something else today.

It amazes me how non-technical people think they are going to trip up and show up experienced engineers and scientists, but I see this sort of silliness in other forums, too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And please enlighten us on who you helped with the PSA and where...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The PSA and other such tests are chemical engineering on a small scale.

But your non-engineering buddies already told you I couldn't possible know anything about chemical engineering, and none of you would understand it if I explained the details of blood chemistry, so why should I bother doing so for such an uninterested audience?

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
wmeek, doesn't the fact that you cannot follow my discussion of any technical subject, on any level, tell you enough about my knowledge of the subject?

I don't understand why someone like yourself, who admits to knowing nothing about any of these topics, would bother to read them, much less disrupt them with your baseless personal attacks. You might want to discuss this with your priest, instead of me. I am not a qualified therapist.

lee24,

no it doesn't. i follow your discussions well enough to see that you cannot answer direct questiions, and when you make a boast that someone takes you up on - remember, you offered to shoot against me - you quickly retreat, change the subject, find excuses... 'turtle' if you will, as in shrivle up from the cold!

i keep waitng for you to answer the questions of others; i accept you won't shoot with me as i've provided many choices and opportunities which once you saw i was serious became inconvenient. real piece of work!!!

keep on dancing, it is entertaining. (how high can you pile it?)

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If you don't think my answers on civil engineering, pressure vessels, statics, concrete, PSA, PVD processes, aircraft structures, and shipbuilding were direct, it is only because you don't understand the answers. That is your problem, not mine.

If you shoot competitively at the national level, and want to boast, post a link to your published scores. Then others can compare their latest or best scores to yours, to give you something to shoot for, so to speak.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
If you don't think my answers on civil engineering, pressure vessels, statics, concrete, PSA, PVD processes, aircraft structures, and shipbuilding were direct, it is only because you don't understand the answers. That is your problem, not mine.

If you shoot competitively at the national level, and want to boast, post a link to your published scores. Then others can compare their latest or best scores to yours, to give you something to shoot for, so to speak.

lee24,

prostate serum antigen. you didn't answer any question, just stated you did something - you had a psa test? and as i stated previously i'd more believe you give yourself DREs (digital rectal exams).

re second comment: that i shoot competitively, and at what level, is not the issue, and i've no need to boast. it's your abilities and boasting that are being questioned.

Page 18 of 31 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 50 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,922
Posts18,518,836
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.