Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 31 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 30 31
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lee,
You don't have the facts(or you choose not to provide them) to support many of your arguments, that is the problem here.
And, who is lying to you, may I ask?

Also, you won't even say where you went to school, when you graduated, none of that.
And you wonder why no one takes you seriously?

As to me 'slinging BS' where do you come up with that?
The only thing I claimed a good amount of knowledge on was polymer science, surfactant science and applications to food processing and oil field applications.
I never made any claims concerning mechanical, civil, electrical engineering-for the simple reason that I am not an expert in those other fields.
I did jump on you about the statics claim you made and I stand by what I said.
No engineer is qualified to design support equipment for plant process equipment with 1 or even 2 semesters of statics.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You forgot...he did it as young boy, which he probably is anyway.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could be Tzone, who knows.

Also, Lee-
upon reflection I realize that it was wrong of me to be insulting with you, and for that I apologize.
However, I still have some serious doubts about your claims.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
340boy, I didn't talk about you personally.

I talked about these feuds started - with people trying to BS and then my posting facts that exposed their BS, so they vow to get even. But they lack the tools.

By the way, I agree with you that two semesters of statics is not sufficient to be designing structural steel buildings, supports for process piping or pressure vessels. That's why no one does it. They work under someone with experience to guide them oversee their work, and they take specialized courses in narrow subjects. I have two textbooks on design of pressure vessels, which includes the supporting members, welding standards, etc.

But the more and varied the design experience, the easier it becomes for an experienced engineer to figure out something the first time, or something novel.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Lee24
- with people trying to BS and then my posting facts that exposed their BS..........

That, is positively laughable.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
340boy, I didn't talk about you personally.

I talked about these feuds started - with people trying to BS and then my posting facts that exposed their BS, so they vow to get even. But they lack the tools.

Understood.
And with that, I am going to bow out of this thread.

James Elroy Flecker

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I have given Sean, Matt, and others ample opportunity to back up their claims and accusations, but they only post insults, no evidence, no sources for their claims to inside information.

You halfwit, do you think I'd have dozens of what I just posted below, if I didn't know what Winchester made? Of course, being a certified vendor for USRAC since 1993 probably doesn't give me the level of expertise that you possess from your crackerjack box engineering degree.

[Linked Image]

Some notable quotes.....

My Model 70 is a Safari Express in .375 H&H Magnum, stamped "Columbia, SC" on the barrel, next to the caliber. The stock is an older one, high grade, like on the custom shop .375, so I presume the metal was put together in Columbia and the stock is from inventory in New Haven.

I can't think of any reason to post a picture of my Model 70 for people who don't know what they are looking at.

"triggerguard" claims to be doing work for FN, but he has no information about the products nor any pictures.

I had 2 such rifles but sold one, and this one is not for sale.
A friend has a .30-06 Super Grade made in Columbia, SC, also not for sale.
If any of you can find a picture of another Model 70 like it, post that.

This is not the right forum to post pictures of nice Model 70s.

Boy, I can't think of a better forum to post it up than right here.....

Bottom line:
I still have other photos of Model 70s inside and outside production, and can take more of my rifles and others which are outside the factory, because I and friends own 4 of them.

So we went to a total of 3, 2 of which you owned and sold one, to now knowing of 4 in circulation. Someone has got to want a new rifle. Do it for your friends and consider the real rifle I have a charitable contribution.
If Matt Williams wants to claim there was no Winchester plant in Columbia and no Model 70s made in Columbia, let him prove it. Let him provide a Winchester executive we can contact.

Meanwhile, I am going to the plant and take more pictures.

FN is has been there since 1977. They first produced the M16A2.

Winchester had another factory about 5 miles away. I am going there and take more photos.

This one is simply classic, but follows an obvious, predictable path....

A friend of mine, a very strong, lean fellow, was once robbed and shot 6 times in the abdomen point blank with a .22LR revolver. He tightened up, and not a single bullet penetrated more than an inch of muscle.

triggerguard1,
Since you claimed there was no Winchester manufacturing facility outside Columbia, SC, claimed there was no such Model 70 as the Safari Express, and that no Model 70s had been made in South Carolina, I don't take your offer of a free one seriously, and neither does any intelligent person.

Ohh, I'm serious.....very serious
triggerguard1,
I don't take you seriously. Your post is too full of inaccuracies. Post a picture, and some provenance for the firearm, since that seems to be required here. It sounds as though you really don't know what Model 70 you have

I know exactly what I have....

[Linked Image]

Maybe I should post them in a forum where people will recognize a Model 70 Safari Express.

Please do......Please

The offer on producing the picture in exchange for a real rifle has been on table since July of 2008. The offer was not exclusive to Liar, but anyone who could produce such a rifle.

For over a year, the ball has been in your court, but you've come to the game with no racket.......pun there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dupe post deleted

Last edited by Pugs; 10/26/09. Reason: duplicate

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But I can scan and post my current military ID. You can't.
I was shooting in ROTC in 1968.
I don't criticize other people's military service.

You scan yours and post it and I'll scan mine. I'm not criticizing your service just wondering, given your track record, if you ever did serve. If you did then prove it in even a casual way.

And here's a classic blast from the past from Liar24. From the "Serious Tests for factory rifles" thread of 8/11/07

Personal. I was shooting with the Army MTU in 1968.

So, ROTC or MTU? They don't match up. Tell you what. Any pictures of you in the service? I've posted plenty of mine and they can be verified by numerous people here.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
there you go confusing him with facts and stuff.... grin

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Scorpion
I can tell all about the projects I worked on this past year. Spent a little time at the tail end of a project, was only there for hydroseeding, concrete mountable curb, and a few other small things. Then spent a month working on concrete sidewalk replacement and installation of ADA approved detectable walking surfaces (which came in well over 20% under budget).

I'd love to see him blasted with the hydroseeder. grin I'd smile like heck. ol Lee24 all blue/green colored. grin makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Do you use the steel of plastic detectable warnings? The plows bust the plastic one's here all to hell, and we've gone to steel on DOT projects, but the paint wears quickly on them as well. Getting better, but I'm sure the salt from the plows has everything to do with it.

Oh my, that would be hilarious! Seeing anyone blasted with that stuff would be a sight for the ages! You are lucky I wasn't drinking something, or you'd owe me a new keyboard! laugh

All the ones we used were maroon plastic, with the little round bumps on top. Sort of looked like Lego blocks. Are some of the ones there placed in the roadway/crosswalk? All those I've seen here in PA have been kinda on the ramp, where I don't know if the plow could get them or not. Time will tell how they hold up, that was the first project for them in my area.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lee I don't think anyone here is being a bully .The boys are only asking you to provide some proof to one of your many claims.Should be easy as pie.

Hey my memory sucks.Prolly the worst on this forum......But I can't ever recall you proving one fact.When you tap the b.s well as much as you do you'd think you'd have a roll a deck of proof waiting to go.

Anyway Happy Monday to all.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I used the maroon ones on city project this summer. I like them better, easier to set, but not durable.

They get hit with the plows here on the sidewalks when the city crew clear with the little street/sidwald sized plows and snowblowers.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by triggerguard1

I have given Sean, Matt, and others ample opportunity to back up their claims and accusations, but they only post insults, no evidence, no sources for their claims to inside information.

You halfwit, do you think I'd have dozens of what I just posted below, if I didn't know what Winchester made? Of course, being a certified vendor for USRAC since 1993 probably doesn't give me the level of expertise that you possess from your crackerjack box engineering degree.

[Linked Image]

Some notable quotes.....

My Model 70 is a Safari Express in .375 H&H Magnum, stamped "Columbia, SC" on the barrel, next to the caliber. The stock is an older one, high grade, like on the custom shop .375, so I presume the metal was put together in Columbia and the stock is from inventory in New Haven.

I can't think of any reason to post a picture of my Model 70 for people who don't know what they are looking at.

"triggerguard" claims to be doing work for FN, but he has no information about the products nor any pictures.

I had 2 such rifles but sold one, and this one is not for sale.
A friend has a .30-06 Super Grade made in Columbia, SC, also not for sale.
If any of you can find a picture of another Model 70 like it, post that.

This is not the right forum to post pictures of nice Model 70s.

Boy, I can't think of a better forum to post it up than right here.....

Bottom line:
I still have other photos of Model 70s inside and outside production, and can take more of my rifles and others which are outside the factory, because I and friends own 4 of them.

So we went to a total of 3, 2 of which you owned and sold one, to now knowing of 4 in circulation. Someone has got to want a new rifle. Do it for your friends and consider the real rifle I have a charitable contribution.
If Matt Williams wants to claim there was no Winchester plant in Columbia and no Model 70s made in Columbia, let him prove it. Let him provide a Winchester executive we can contact.

Meanwhile, I am going to the plant and take more pictures.

FN is has been there since 1977. They first produced the M16A2.

Winchester had another factory about 5 miles away. I am going there and take more photos.

This one is simply classic, but follows an obvious, predictable path....

A friend of mine, a very strong, lean fellow, was once robbed and shot 6 times in the abdomen point blank with a .22LR revolver. He tightened up, and not a single bullet penetrated more than an inch of muscle.

triggerguard1,
Since you claimed there was no Winchester manufacturing facility outside Columbia, SC, claimed there was no such Model 70 as the Safari Express, and that no Model 70s had been made in South Carolina, I don't take your offer of a free one seriously, and neither does any intelligent person.

Ohh, I'm serious.....very serious
triggerguard1,
I don't take you seriously. Your post is too full of inaccuracies. Post a picture, and some provenance for the firearm, since that seems to be required here. It sounds as though you really don't know what Model 70 you have

I know exactly what I have....

[Linked Image]

Maybe I should post them in a forum where people will recognize a Model 70 Safari Express.

Please do......Please

The offer on producing the picture in exchange for a real rifle has been on table since July of 2008. The offer was not exclusive to Liar, but anyone who could produce such a rifle.

For over a year, the ball has been in your court, but you've come to the game with no racket.......pun there.

Thanks for the Synopsis of a 50 page thread.

I do think it is a little extreme that this has to go on for 50 pages.

Lee24 either admit you may have been wrong (we have all been on occasion) or show a sliver of proff of your claims.

And to the rest of us, me included, Lee24 has no power if we don't listen to him.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
triggerguard throws up a lot of gorilla dust to divert attention from the fact that he claimed to know people at Winchester who said they never made the rifles that a friend and I purchased ... a nameless friend. So he is unable to substantiate HIS claims.

I quit asking long ago, but every time he brings up a new personal attack, I'll ask him again.

Same empty, unsubstantiated claims by VAnimrod.
They have had two years to cook up an "expert source". No luck.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Why not post a pic and silence them forever? Why not say where you went to college, no one is asking for a scan of your diploma.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Because I am not the one pumping BS at you.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Because I am not the one pumping BS at you.

Just when I thought it wasn't possible for you to come up with a post anymore asinine than we've already seen, you hit us with that zinger..........

That's all you've got Liar..........PURE UNFILTERED BS

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
triggerguard throws up a lot of gorilla dust to divert attention from the fact that he claimed to know people at Winchester who said they never made the rifles that a friend and I purchased ... a nameless friend. So he is unable to substantiate HIS claims

I'd say the Purchase Order listed above is about as good a claim to my knowing people at Winchester as you are ever likely to see.

Come on now Lee......Where's the picture?

Tell your buddies. I mean, there's no sense in letting them miss out on a new rifle, just because you don't want one.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I won't pretend to know all the twists and turns to this but I do know that if somebody claims to have something (I don't know, perhaps a SC .375 for instance) it's not other people's burden to somehow prove they DON'T have it.

Imagine for a moment if I claimed I had the Holy Grail. I mean THE Holy Grail. I would hardly expect to just be taken on my word for this. Is it your assertion that the only possible way to question the veracity of my claim is to have someone go out and wrangle up Arthur, Lancelot, Gawain et al to testify they know I don't have it?

If this is the case then I now claim to have the Holy Grail. I have proof too. I told a guy with some coconuts once I already had one. If you find the guy he'll remember vividly as I pelted him with poo and farm animals while talking in a funny accent.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
Page 25 of 31 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (117LBS, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 47 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,920
Posts18,518,786
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.