Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Replace the barrel and action. wink

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a 25-06 with fairly stout Douglass SS barrel on an FN M98 action. It also has a hefty laminated varminter stock w/wide fore end and a 6x24x40 scope, weighs close to 9.5lbs, a bit more with the Harris attached.

I have toted it into the field a few times in deer season, but it normally sits in the cabin, where it can be snatched-up and taken outside to peck a deer across the valley, if need be. Have done that a few times over the years, when deer come out @ 400+ yards and I'm dawdling at camp during lunch, or gettin' dried off from the weather.

I've decided that's the best place to leave it sit.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KC And The Dumbshine Band,

Consider this ripe opportunity to hang a pic of you and your Ruger in action.

Keep flapping your yap,about those things you nuttin' about,as only you can.......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
dube,

AK is a might larger than you can fathom and you don't "drive" to much of it.

Gotta admit,when it comes to shouldering a load,there are few in a like realm and it do humor me to make it look easy...mainly because it is(for me).

Hardly secreted that I talk purty too..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
They are not lightest, but I feel they are one of the best values out there! I sold a few thinking I had to have light and wish I had them back!

Good Shooting!
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
They are a solid value, and a quality rifle. It's just that if you are looking for a 6 3/4 to 7 pound rifle, you need to look in a different aisle.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a walnut Hawkeye stock from Ruger for my 6.5 MKII. $252.00 delivered. It's a drop in fit. I went from a 2.5-8 Leupold to a 2-7. Total weight loss was a half pound, 7 oz from the stock and 1 oz on the scope. To me it handles a lot better but I think part of that is the slimmer stock. I like it but it's still not a 7 pound rifle. Don't know if I'd do it again. That's right much money and a little less optics to knock off a half pound, looks good though.

Last edited by 43Shooter; 10/30/09.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dubePA
He seems to thrive on "short jokes", but I've always resisted the temptation, even if it's a pretty long poke from up there, to PA.

He could likely make it down to OR in a day's drive? Seems he ain't too busy at the moment, or he wouldn't be in here all day pokin' people. ;O)

Can't argue that he doesn't have anything better to do part... As far as the dwarfism is concerned I don't know. Obviously it is causing him a great amount of pain and that is where the acting out comes from.

In psychological terms it's known as "Over Compensating". It's where a person who has a deficency (in Larry's case his height, or lack of) causes them to try to "one up" others in a desperate attempt to distract any attention from their own problems. He's a textbook case. Notice how many times he tries to act "manly" because he works on a oil rig. Or the logging pictures, which he doesn't do anymore. It's sad...

Theres others on this site who work on the North Slope. Of course they don't have the emotional baggage that Larry has, so you wont see them making fools out of themselves like Larry does so often. Again, very sad...

As far as traveling down to Oregon is concerned he's been invited just recently by another Campfire Member and he declined to come...

If you need additional proof of the psychological clusterphuck that is Larry just check back to this page, and enjoy the show.

P.S.- Hey Larry, do you get those Butt Pirate stickers you put on your rifles at your local gay bar? Are they available to heterosexuals?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by PaleWhiteCracker
A for sale sign will get you far and fast............
cracker is right, if you want light, you want a rem.

�A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You whine so veddy veddy nice. I'm deeply humored that the things I do on an off day,exceed your wildest dreams and that it is such a sword in your side,that I'm not forced to guess about subjects I know in exacting detail and am rather at ease in their discussion. You are in awe and rightly so...though you reliably get pizzy when asked to hang a pic,muse vocation or banty something in particular. You find solace in generalizations,quips from the back of the crowd and the lackluster underarm toss of a rock that Oprah could top as a defense mechanism.

Now I don't work on an Oil Rig and never have,though the boys are always trying to entice me,because I'm often there to save their day. Can't blame them there,as it'd be great for morale and production. To date,I've never seen a gal on a Rig and I reckon for that reason and to satiate your copious shortcomings,you could term the vocation "manly" and yet another sumptin' beyond your meager abilities.

Haven't met anyone on The Slope,nor anywhere else,who shoots as much as I. What I have seen is a bunch of gents come for a visit and race home to feverishly build rifles to allow them to do the things they've done with mine. No shame there and I reckon it a pretty good call.

Now Cutting is very truly something for the rugged of the most rugged and it burns your panties enough that you ain't of the ilk,that you are forever trying to pass the buck there. It isn't on my shoulders or those of anyone else,that you aren't up to the task physically or mentally. Most ain't and then some.

As per always,your safezone is homosexual musings,which is an AO in which I couldn't slight your likely having vast experience within.

Congratulations?...............

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaleWhiteCracker

You whine so veddy veddy nice. I'm deeply humored that the things I do on an off day,exceed your wildest dreams and that it is such a sword in your side,that I'm not forced to guess about subjects I know in exacting detail and am rather at ease in their discussion. You are in awe and rightly so...though you reliably get pizzy when asked to hang a pic,muse vocation or banty something in particular. You find solace in generalizations,quips from the back of the crowd and the lackluster underarm toss of a rock that Oprah could top as a defense mechanism.

Now I don't work on an Oil Rig and never have,though the boys are always trying to entice me,because I'm often there to save their day. Can't blame them there,as it'd be great for morale and production. To date,I've never seen a gal on a Rig and I reckon for that reason and to satiate your copious shortcomings,you could term the vocation "manly" and yet another sumptin' beyond your meager abilities.

Haven't met anyone on The Slope,nor anywhere else,who shoots as much as I. What I have seen is a bunch of gents come for a visit and race home to feverishly build rifles to allow them to do the things they've done with mine. No shame there and I reckon it a pretty good call.

Now Cutting is very truly something for the rugged of the most rugged and it burns your panties enough that you ain't of the ilk,that you are forever trying to pass the buck there. It isn't on my shoulders or those of anyone else,that you aren't up to the task physically or mentally. Most ain't and then some.

As per always,your safezone is homosexual musings,which is an AO in which I couldn't slight your likely having vast experience within.

Congratulations?...............

I rest my case...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And I'll assume that's a NO on the butt pirate stickers???

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Jolly Roger nets an extry 50fps and keeps the window lickers busy,licking windows.

Is this where I hang a pic of a Splendid Beastie slain with one of my Rugers or should I wait a smidge and give you more slack on the rope?

Mmmmmmmmm...decisions,decisions...............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Perhaps people need a lighter rifle by which to suspend a Hubble scope. For much ordinary hunting, there is nothing wrong with a fairly ordinary weight rifle wearing a fairly ordinary scope.

[Linked Image]

It's a combination which works.

[Linked Image]

And he didn't just pose for the shot.

What can I say? I needed to shoot at something to break in the barrel.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Increased performance,housed within a superior wrapper,much interests me.

A guy can have his cake and eat it too...................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ordered up an All Weather Hawkeye in .308, had the bolt skeletonized and barrel fluted. Put a Leupold FX-II 6X36 with Leupold low mounts on it. As is with no sling and 4 150grn ABs it's 7lb-14oz, suspect it'll go over 8 with what ever sling I choose. I like Rugers, shoots good enough, and it's pretty.

40 years ago weight didn't mean much. I could carry what ever I needed, where ever I needed to go, and I did. Today 40 years later and past 60, weight still doesn't mean that much. I've learned I don't need to go all that distance laugh , but it was fun.

Ed
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tough for me to leave the house,without my 1st Gen Ti 7-08 in tow....................

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"Now Cutting is very truly something for the rugged of the most rugged and it burns your panties enough that you ain't of the ilk,that you are forever trying to pass the buck there. It isn't on my shoulders or those of anyone else,that you aren't up to the task physically or mentally. Most ain't and then some."......lol, "cutting" is for the dudes who couldent hack it in the power lineman apprenticeship.

�A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Girls climb telephone poles.

For starters...............

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
lol, nice try

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,773
Posts18,515,633
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.