-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm ALL ears,in those findings where moly kept pressures equal at like propellant charge weight and via like components/COAL. Hell,while you're at it,dream something up about how it went faster.

Then extrapolate that how in your "vast" findings,Remmie 308 boltguns typically run faster than Ruger,Winny,Sako,Howa,Kimber and other boltguns of like barrel length and especially stuff wearing Custom tubes and throated in accordance to their mag confines.

Feel free to rub my nose in it....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
That's fairly thin information.

Chambering, bullet, velocity, bbl length, charge weight, might be informative.

Oh, and the pressure you generated, since that's a big thing with you. And how you calc'd it.

I don't think that there is really such a thing as "calculating" pressure. I also don't beleive there is such a thing as free lunch. But If I use the same components in the same length barrel and get the same velocity as is listed in the factory pressure tested data, I think I'm probably within safe pressures. I don't like exceeding the powder charges listed by the manufacturers and manuals............................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
With RL17 you can't just plug it in to the burn rate chart and carry on as usual.

There's a fundamental difference in the technology applied to the retardant. It's impregnated through the kernels, not just layered on top.

This changes the pressure curve in ways that I am not smart enough to explain in technical terms, but it essentially slows the rise of pressure, and extends the peak pressure. Basically you getting a longer "push", on a bullet that has already reduced more inertia.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With RL17 you can't just plug it in to the burn rate chart and carry on as usual.

There's a fundamental difference in the technology applied to the retardant. It's impregnated through the kernels, not just layered on top.

This changes the pressure curve in ways that I am not smart enough to explain in technical terms, but it essentially slows the rise of pressure, and extends the peak pressure. Basically you getting a longer "push", on a bullet that has already reduced more inertia.

And do you think that Quickload developed pressure "calculations" keep this in mind?......................DJ

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shane, you seem to push stuff a bit hard, moly or no. Matters not, as it's your rifle and you have only yourself to please. But I wouldn't get too defensive about it... you're likely on somewhat thin ice with some of your loads, least from a SAAMI perspective...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You probably wear the same size boot by every maker,because you are giddy upon hypothesized guesses.

Not all boots run in like sizing,nor do chambers/bores and fixating an arbitrary number derived in a specimen seperate your's,is gonna cost you performance.

None of this [bleep] is hard and it simply amazes me how folks can go to lengths to miss the most simplistic matters,that are glaring by any account.

Wow...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaleWhiteCracker
It's very obvious that you do not know and don't think that weren't the crux................

[bleep].... WOULD YOU SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!

What I took from that is "I'm a [bleep] retarded washed out drunk-ass ex logger that has nothing better to do than stroke my cock and spew my bullshit on UBB forums... I smoked a dozen critters with AMAXs so I'm an expert!"

One fuggin dink moose and a few Sitkas is FAR from big enough sample to tell me that the AMAX is FAR superior on ALL critters in ALL situations.

But please preach on, oh great Gnome of the North...

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by djpaintless

I don't think.....I also don't beleive...But If...I think......I don't like exceeding the powder charges listed by the manufacturers and manuals............................DJ

Thanks, I get it. Stay in your comfort zone then. No harm in that.

I grasp internal ballistics enough that I'm comfortable veturing beyond book data. Using the chrono in conjunction with QL gives me some references to work with.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
PWC, You pretty much quit making sense on this thread when you commented that Nosler Partitions - probably the greatest all-around hunting bullet ever made........................DJ

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by djpaintless

And do you think that Quickload developed pressure "calculations" keep this in mind?......................DJ

No.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Douche Adair,

Pop some Midols,rub the soreness outta your tits and simply read what I say. Do not infer or otherwise use your unbridled imagination,to deviate the crux of my content. As per always,feel free to copy/paste anything beyond your meager comprehension and I'll take the time to explain it in little words that you can understand.

Your nonsensical ramblings are rather hilarious and I quote: "the AMAX is FAR superior on ALL critters in ALL situations.".

Only you,could conjure something like that up................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
dj,

I've zero doubt that you impress far easier than I. I could not begin to put the NPT near the top of any projectile list,that dealt with killing critters reliably.

They are trumped easily.

Don't forget to muse 308's some more,that [bleep] was great!..............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whatever dumbass...

You even kill 53 BG animals in your life??? Let alone with one bullet??

And no, I don't have pictures of them all... Many were does, and Antelope, and even more than one Cow Elk.

Then there's my Great Uncle Lee Bridges... He'd stacked up quite an impressive collection of 180" + Muleys with a 270 and NPTs. I think he had to shoot one of them TWICE

Or my grampa (who was a logger) that shot a 5x5 Bull Elk every year of his life with a 30-06 and 180 NPTs since they came in a yellow box and were made on screw machines....

I'm Irish...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Then extrapolate that how in your "vast" findings,Remmie 308 boltguns typically run faster than Ruger,Winny,Sako,Howa,Kimber and other boltguns of like barrel length and especially stuff wearing Custom tubes and throated in accordance to their mag confines.

I'd have to dig through more Chrono data than I'm in the mood for to get you exact figures but my Remmy LTR is slower than the other couple 308's I have with the same barrel length. Probably because it has the 2nd longest throat of the 14 308's I measured the throats on, (the longest was another Remmington).......................DJ

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
dj,

I've zero doubt that you impress far easier than I. I could not begin to put the NPT near the top of any projectile list,that dealt with killing critters reliably.

Now that schitt IS funny...

We've already establiched that you're speaking of a limited sample, and are a reterded dumbphuck...

I'm Irish...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only you could find satisfaction,in relating the account of others as a bargaining chip on your gross cluelessness.

NPT's were higher on the list in their day,but them days is gone.

Keep the ball rolling,as only you can................

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Brad
Shane, you seem to push stuff a bit hard, moly or no. Matters not, as it's your rifle and you have only yourself to please. But I wouldn't get too defensive about it... you're likely on somewhat thin ice with some of your loads, least from a SAAMI perspective...

Brad,

All of my 30-06 and 308 loads are running around 60-62K pressure per QL pressure/velocity correlations. not excess at all, just maximizing case volumes with slowish powders.

Running this RL17 is really the only venture where I'm finding velocity beyond the normal expectations, without seeing any pressure signs. It would seem an anomoly to me if others were not getting the same results. The BR community was the first place I read about the unique properties and results based on actually shooting the stuff.

So, I'm really not pioneering anything. I saw something that looked good and gave it a whirl. My results are posted for whoever might find them interesting or useful.

Getting some blowback on this forum was expected.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nobody else but me smoked the 53 critters that I have with the NPT... I did it all by myself, that's MY accomplishment..

My POINT was...

You're the only retard I've ever met that thought the AMAX was a BG bullet..

No really... I don't hear anyone else suggesting its use on dink Moose...

Just Sayin.

I'm Irish...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I stated simply and because it is a fact:

"Will moly slow pressure by a grain or more,in a 308 hull? Yes and every time. Will the generous Remmie chamber/throat/bore,bleed pressure in like fashion? Yes and every time."

No [bleep] Remmie 308's are long throated,which in turn do bleed pressure...which in turn will skew the correct size of your boot despite that number upsetting your frailties. I do not guess.

Toldjaso................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Douche Adair,

Despite your drooling on the video and getting horned up on the Moose pics,you still miss the most glaring obvious...that were a 120TSX.

Keep your impressive record of striking out going and really swing for the fence next time.

Laffin'..............

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,757
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.