Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by yukon375
"Your arrogance is in indirect proportion to your experience."....my arrogance comes from being on an EHV crew for the last 9 yrs working it hot. although you could prob. show me a thing or two on house services or on urd. whistle btw, are you ibew?

Keep chest beating youngster

Laughing Louder Now

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
yep, just as i thought, rat......

�A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaleWhiteCracker
Girls climb telephone poles.

For starters...............
i know for sure your girl climbs on top my pole. whistle must be the higher IQ she likes

Pretty low-class comment there Yukon... So much for polite Canadians.

Powerguy
In the summer of '77 I was spotter (summertime residential wireman working through college) on a stormy, blowing, midnight line repair and was under a bucket when a guy lost both arms in a blinding flash...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ya that was a lil rude, my Apologies to PWC for that one.

�A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Politeness??...........in the thick of a manure spreader race??? Isn't that holding our Canadian friends to a higher standard?

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Mistakes can have harsh consequences.

Two weeks ago I went to the funeral services of a 30 year guy who worked for a transmission contractor. He was considered a "fast" worker.

He leaves behind a wife and two kids.

Still a very safe job when two things are adhered to:

1. Leave your ego at the door

2.Remember to follow the safety rules (written in blood) and you will go home to see your family. (Barring any mechanical failure)

I've always said there were two types of lineman:

1. The chest beating "I'm a LIIIIIINEMAN" type

2. The Joes like myself that it's just a job, a mighty well paid one at that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Powerguy

Couldn't agree more, the telephone poles are for the ladies. Now standing 80 plus on the vertical with only 3/8 inch steel holding you up there swinging in the breeze adds a little sport to it.

Don't know chitt about cuttin, but can safely assume it ain't for the skeered nor meek.

Getting 550 ft up a guyed tower and slapping on 12 ft dish antennas ain't for the weak at heart either. The skinny triangle shaped bastid likes to move a bit in the wind and that's a constant on the coast, especially WELL above the treetops.

Karma and Trouble have busses, and there's always an empty seat.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by High_Brass

Couldn't agree more, the telephone poles are for the ladies. Now standing 80 plus on the vertical with only 3/8 inch steel holding you up there swinging in the breeze adds a little sport to it.

Don't know chitt about cuttin, but can safely assume it ain't for the skeered nor meek.

Getting 550 ft up a guyed tower and slapping on 12 ft dish antennas ain't for the weak at heart either. The skinny triangle shaped bastid likes to move a bit in the wind and that's a constant on the coast, especially WELL above the treetops.

I'd have to agree sir

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ya, whatever dude. one thing about your pick, ya got the digger there, why dident you roll in a 70 and save yourself a climb? i donno call me stupid, but thats what i would have done.

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'll bet the stock feels clubby, but I'll also bet the rifle w/ scope is about 8#, heavy by no means.

You can trim up the stock a good bit to make it feel better (cutting down the outside), hollow out the butt, even lop off the barrel to 20 inches (w/ the 6.5, it shouldn't do dramatic harm).

I'd keep the barrel the same, work on the "feel" not the weight. Or get rid of it...

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
yukon,

No need to apologize...you are simply a creature of your environment and I dig on the notion that you think it's sumptin'.

Do continue.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Riding a shotgun carriage 1500' off the deck,while straddling a log and for the weak of heart.

Your only life line,is your kharma? Hardly secreted that Baby Jesus loves me...and that I've seen 'em smoked all around me...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Two weeks ago I went to the funeral services of a 30 year guy who worked for a transmission contractor. He was considered a "fast" worker.

2.Remember to follow the safety rules (written in blood) and you will go home to see your family. (Barring any mechanical failure)

.............ya? well first off talk about safty rules? hows come your up past hot 115 and your handline is not a hot rope? 20 yrs in the biz huh, maybe 19 as a meter reader? another thing that leads me to belive that the line was dead was that most guys who climb through 115 on wood talk about getting whacked with static from the groundwire and 80 ft. becomes the last thing on there mind. go back to slingin' your 30ft class 5's with your lil digger, and your secondaries, and leave the highline to hands that know how to work it. i'm begining to think your not qualified to carry my tools to the pole. 80 ft up eh? that would mean a 90-95 ft pole(rem 10% plus 2) thats pretty high for a 115 h structure, road crossing maybe? most 115 has 65 footers. 230 has 80-90's like u said, ya can't bullshit someone who does the work.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And all this macho mega-bluster has what relevance, exactly, to shaving some excess weight from a M77 MkII? And what's up with a PA plate on a Wrangler, having anything to do with the Yukon?

sleep

Perhaps there's a forum here for Lineman of The Year, but doubt it's this one?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by dubePA
And all this macho mega-bluster has what relevance, exactly, to shaving some excess weight from a M77 MkII? And what's up with a PA plate on a Wrangler, having anything to do with the Yukon?

sleep

Perhaps there's a forum here for Lineman of The Year, but doubt it's this one?
ya, sorry for the highjack, and i am from pa and thats my plate. as far as the org. post, i think cracker nailed it long time ago. and as far as powerguy, if hes 20 yrs in and still wearing off the noob as he says, i think maybe a new line of work is in order.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

.............ya? well first off talk about safty rules? hows come your up past hot 115 and your handline is not a hot rope? 20 yrs in the biz huh, maybe 19 as a meter reader? another thing that leads me to belive that the line was dead was that most guys who climb through 115 on wood talk about getting whacked with static from the groundwire and 80 ft. becomes the last thing on there mind. go back to slingin' your 30ft class 5's with your lil digger, and your secondaries, and leave the highline to hands that know how to work it. i'm begining to think your not qualified to carry my tools to the pole. 80 ft up eh? that would mean a 90-95 ft pole(rem 10% plus 2) thats pretty high for a 115 h structure, road crossing maybe? most 115 has 65 footers. 230 has 80-90's like u said, ya can't bullshit someone who does the work.

Answers as follows:

1. That is a hot line rope direct from our hot stick trailer

2. We have to maintain a 44" clearance from 115 kv, we certainly have that in the above photos

3. My favorite is your statement of "most guys" meaning you have no experience for yourself. Get a wrap from the BB wire.
Our rules indicate the need to double belt any structure 138kv and up. Never been wrapped by the BB on 115kv unless working in 345 corridors where induction becomes a huge issue. Parallel circuits etc.

4. No where in my pictures did I indicate that the pictured structures were 80'ers. I did post to PWC that standing swinging in the breeze 80' up is sporty though.

5. Once again you stated" I believe this line is dead" Well if it were dead then our rules require grounds and a pole band bonding the structure that we are on. Don't see that in the picture do you?

It's neat that you are excited to post, but the facts are not in your favor again. cry

You are a prime example of one of the two types of linemen that I described.

I'm a Lineman, I'm a Lineman,I'm a Lineman
You can't carry my tools to the pole
AAAAAHHHH hear me roar!!!!!!!!! (Chest Beat inserted)

When in reality you work for a contractor just looking to get that power company job?

Continue on, I look to your next informative work related post regarding the above photos.

Not sure if your married or not but now may be the time to reevaluate ones ego so it doesn't get you into trouble. Your family doesn't deserve it.

Work safe there Linemaster, be sure to get back quickly now grin

And still Laughin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
like cracker sez, your stupidity is glaring. i can see you have not a clue what your talking about. power company at it finest.........a poly for a hot rope, have at er bub.

Last edited by yukon375; 11/01/09.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
like cracker sez, your stupidity is glaring. i can see you have not a clue what your talking about. power company at it finest.........a poly for a hot rope, have at er bub.

UH OH Your facts are wrong again, PWC was referencing you my friend> grin

A quick check of the thread will show that, but I posted it so you don't have to look for it.

Re: Best way to shave weight off a Ruger 77mkII [Re: yukon375]
PaleWhiteCracker
Campfire Regular

I'm impressed with your stupidity..................

So lets break this down for you:

All your macho line talk has gotten you called stupid. Then you make statements referencing linework based on two pictures. Once said statements were adressed with facts, your next to last move is to discuss a poly rope being used as a handline, not being used to handle a energized conductor.

Thats all you got?

It's okay that you work for a contractor. Based on your ability (lack there of) to think things through, as indicated by your factless posts. I am pretty sure that you've been washed out on any major power company's aptitude exams you've taken. There's nothing wrong with that at all, don't feel less of yourself.

If you would like to refute the clearance issue, pole bonding, static wire issue please respond in earnest. I enjoy being engaged in a work related discussion

At this juncture you would be better served by silence.

But we both know you ego is just screaming and you will not be able to help yourself.

So how about it Linemaster, care to discuss the pictures?

It cracks me up picturing, you typing with your hooks and belt on. grin

Hurry Back

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
theres no use in trying to explain anything to you. you havent a clue what your talking about i can see that. one thing you cannot fix is stupid, and you my friend are. theres a reason your ticket is only good at your power company, and mine is accepted across the us and canada. and theres also a reason for the 10-12 bucks an hour we make more than you. i'm a lil old to beat my chest, but i'll sure as hell try just for you. and the only thing u have right in your last post is the working clearance.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"It's okay that you work for a contractor. Based on your ability (lack there of) to think things through, as indicated by your factless posts. I am pretty sure that you've been washed out on any major power company's aptitude exams you've taken. There's nothing wrong with that at all, don't feel less of yourself."...... don't hate me cause i'm better than you. its never too late to see the light, we bring in power company lineman all the time, we start em out at 5 period ape.(that would be a pay raise for u, assuming you can pass the test). and in a few years you can be a real lineman.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (338reddog, AdamT204, 10gaugemag, 6MMWASP, 673, 79S, 7 invisible), 1,717 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,953
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.