Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Link to Article

Excerpt:
Every death of a police officer "in the line of duty" is solemnly memorialized and carefully tabulated. However, there is no official record kept of civilians who are unjustly killed or otherwise brutalized by police.

Each encounter between the police and innocent civilians is a potentially deadly experience for the latter. Thus the real question is not "Why do innocent people flee from the police?" but rather, "What rational person would
submit to the police if he had any reasonable hope of eluding or resisting them?"

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Are you for real? Many of my FRIENDS are LEO. Sorry you live in a state of confusion. You have my sympathies.....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good question. I avoid cops unless I know them personally or have some direct business with them. It's just common sense.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Geez , you mean to tell me that if I stop for the Police my life is in danger ??

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Geez , you mean to tell me that if I stop for the Police my life is in danger ??

Mike

Could be. Read the article.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
10 more pages of chit over another cut-and-paste post.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Innocent people don't flee....only the guilty.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barak

Mike

Could be your tinfoil hat is too tight & squishing your brain ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Innocent people don't flee....only the guilty.

In the U.S.A of 2009,..to be alive is to be guilty.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What a well written and unbiased article. I may nominate that guy for a Nobel peace prize whistle

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every time I've read one of Barak's bleeding heart self serving cries of persecution I visualize him driving around in one of these wondering why he keeps gettin pulled over......

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe

In the U.S.A of 2009,..to be alive is to be guilty.

No [bleep]. It is fast becoming that way. See sig...

Do it today. Tomorrow there may be a law against it.
NRA Life Member
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Barak

Mike

BARAK SEEK COUNCIL! grin

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Do as you're told and you might not be beaten or tazed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Living proof that one bias is NOT necessarily as valid as another.

Running from a cop is one of the surest ways in the world to guarantee to antagonize him. Don't expect chocolates and roses when he catches you.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Living proof that one bias is NOT necessarily as valid as another.

Running from a cop is one of the surest ways in the world to guarantee to antagonize him. Don't expect chocolates and roses when he catches you.

I know we all live in a society together and you shouldn't run from cops, you need to stand up and prove your innocence when accused of a crime and...hey, wait a minute.

Regardless of all the bs, if a person hasn't done anything wrong and they flee from the police and end up getting hurt, IMO it is on the cops and not them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't think of a more appropriate thread for this.

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Good question. I avoid cops unless I know them personally or have some direct business with them. It's just common sense.

Elkhunter, I have to agree with Mr. younger! And feel exactly the same way he does about law enforcement - and I've never had worse than a speeding ticket.

At one of my club's gun shows this weekend, I ran into two former cops - I didn't know used to be cops!

One fellow said he gave up being a cop #18-82 because he realized he didn't have the temperament for it (broke a teenager's arm cuffing him and taking the kid into custody). Told me himself he thought "he'd get into serious (legal) trouble eventually .....

The other fellow without me specifically asking about the points that were mentioned told me that there's a huge difference between cops of yesteryear who took great pride in their "uniforms and leathers" versus the cops who dawn web gear and fatgues to go on duty.

Several things were suddenly more clear to about today's cops than previously.

Used to be a time a cop welcomed "the break" (relaxed pace) to help an old lady find a lost dog or cat, versus busting a ganger's arse.

YES, times have indeed changed since the 60's, 70's and 80's - but I don't want to deal with any cops unless I personally know them and know those individuals love and revere the Constitution as much as I do.

Otherwise I keep my nose clean and stay alert of the bad and good around me, and live as goodly as i can without any nosy neighbors or cops looking over my shoulder!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Stemshot
What a well written and unbiased article. I may nominate that guy for a Nobel peace prize whistle

Why the hell not!!??

What did Algore and the white house lawn lockey do to get theirs?

Nothing worthwhile. wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the author, and of course Barak, leaves out the fact that there are virtually NO police killed by accident or because the police fled from a criminal.

Just another decent into la la land by Barak to support his hatred of government.,

When told to stop, you gotta stop. Later in court, you can straighten it all out.

Sam......

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

170 members (21, 12344mag, 2500HD, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 44mc, 12 invisible), 1,894 guests, and 936 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,085
Posts18,501,687
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.