Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Wow!

I go elk hunting for a week and come back to 10 pages on a Wiggy's thread.

Who'd a figgered?

Ed T

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wiggy's bags suck.

There, someone had to say it and that should guarantee 10 more pages grin

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Brad
Wiggy's bags suck.

I don't think they suck. Mark and Jerry do. I would say they are as good or better than a Slumberjack or a Coleman. If you don't mind the weight of a couch in your pack you should be good to go.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by whizbangdaddy
Originally Posted by Brad
Wiggy's bags suck.

I don't think they suck. Mark and Jerry do. I would say they are as good or better than a Slumberjack or a Coleman. If you don't mind the weight of a couch in your pack you should be good to go.

Couch??? Come on man thats a bit much. Its more like a loveseat. laugh

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by wyoelk
I have a Superlight for sale if anyone is interested in a heavy brick that severely lacks in loft, six inches my azz... Let me know, might make a good dog bed if one didnt like ones dog very much.
I'll give you $20 shipped for that piece of [bleep] sleeping bag.

I leave for a few days and come back to find a blown up Wiggy's thread. Imagine that...

A quality piece of gear like that should be well worth what I nearly paid for it, heck, it's hardly used. I promise to knock off the dog hair. Still interested?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a Superlight for sale if anyone is interested in a heavy brick that severely lacks in loft, six inches my azz... Let me know, might make a good dog bed if one didnt like ones dog very much.
I'll give you $20 shipped for that piece of [bleep] sleeping bag.

I leave for a few days and come back to find a blown up Wiggy's thread. Imagine that...
A quality piece of gear like that should be well worth what I nearly paid for it, heck, it's hardly used. I promise to knock off the dog hair. Still interested?
What do you expect, anytime someone brings up a Wiggys bag you guys attack the maker and one of his top sellers, Marc is right, you are so predictable. $20 is my final offer, i'm not paying you $150+ for a heavy brick sleeping bag not suited for a dog, as you so eloquently put it. wink

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Show me on this thread where I attacked Wiggy or Marc. I simply stated that I own a Wiggy's bag and exactly what I think of it. Owning one gives me the right to share my views on it, do you not agree? My only comment toward Marc was that I thought his water on the bag was nothing more than a circus stunt. I think several on here agree with that. I stand by what I said, a heavy p.o.s. not fit for a dog.

P.S.- I wouldnt pay 150 for it either, knowing what I know now.

Last edited by wyoelk; 11/16/09.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Show me on this thread where I attacked Wiggy or Marc. I simply stated that I own a Wiggy's bag and exactly what I think of it. Owning one gives me the right to share my views on it, do you not agree? My only comment toward Marc was that I thought his water on the bag was nothing more than a circus stunt. I think several on here agree with that. I stand by what I said, a heavy p.o.s. not fit for a dog.

P.S.- I wouldnt pay 150 for it either, knowing what I know now.
And your opinion was quite detailed and thorough, thanks for sharing! wink

So Marc takes his sleeping bag outside in the middle of winter in well below freezing temps, dowses it with water and then sleeps in it and you call that a circus stunt? Sounds like he wanted to see if it would evaporate the water from his bag and also test it to see if it would keep him warm at freezing temps and it worked.

Fact of the matter is, there are several members here who don't like Taylor or Wiggy and use the Wiggy's sleeping bag threads to let everyone know about it. Here's another fact, his detractors have never talked with him over the phone nor met him in person yet they know what kind of businessman he is. Oh the power of the internet. smirk

P.S. My offer of $20 still stands, take it or leave it. whistle

Steelhead

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good post AK, and if Marc and Jerry came off even better as business people, I often wonder how much business they are missing because of the attitude.

I mean really, how much would you want to really call someone after you've read their smart azz comments.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Fact of the matter is, there are several members here who don't like Taylor or Wiggy and use the Wiggy's sleeping bag threads to let everyone know about it. Here's another fact, his detractors have never talked with him over the phone nor met him in person yet they know what kind of businessman he is. Oh the power of the internet. smirk

Agreed, if you see me doing that feel free to call me an azz. My posts are based on my experiences in the bag, nothing more or less.

I am going to try the water in and on the bag this winter, dressed like Marc was. Like I said, it could be fatal.... grin

Last edited by wyoelk; 11/16/09.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Screw that, be a man and jump in that saturated bag in your skivies..........now there's a cold weather test for you! wink grin

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If one person says, after personal use, that a certain manufacturer's ratings are overstated and another person says, after personal use, that they are understated, they are both correct.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by LeRoy

Think I'll look closer at a WM Badger!

Thanks, later...

Great bag,love mine...

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
C
CCH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[quote=wyoelk]Here's another fact, his detractors have never talked with him over the phone nor met him in person yet they know what kind of businessman he is. Oh the power of the internet. smirk

Fact: Met Mr. Wigutow, spoke with him, corresponded with him via email, participated in online discussions with him that contained numerous comments of varying tenor by him. Some of this contact was very positive, others not so much.

Fact: NONE of the bags I've purchased from him (five I think) have been close to advertised weights. That has been one of my biggest CRITIQUES of those bags based on MY EXPERIENCE. The Kifaru Special (what he called it at the time) was pretty close and although bag ratings are subjective and I sleep cold, I didn't find it even close to being a 20 degree bag.

People ask about the bags looking for opinions and if someone has anything negative to say, it is suddenly considered bashing by those who like or sell them. Are we all supposed to worship at the Wiggy's alter and not find fault? I have tried them and found them wanting in areas, regardless of the temperament of the owner of the company. If he was the nicest guy in the world, they would still be heavier than advertised and difficult to compress or at least the few that I've purchased.

I also find it ironic that the only way to properly use these bags is near naked when Jerry himself has discussed extending their ratings using the sweater and chaps. Of course he only said that on an internet forum in reply to a question from me so perhaps that doesn't count?

Opinion: AkMtnHntr, if his bags work great for you, that's wonderful. I don't begrudge you your choice and it's a great thing to be happy with your gear, but if someone comes on and asks about the bags, don't knock someone else who has had a different experience and don't assume that you know about everyone's experience with the company or owner.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by CCH

The Kifaru Special (what he called it at the time) was pretty close and although bag ratings are subjective and I sleep cold, I didn't find it even close to being a 20 degree bag.

CCH, I've also been looking at the Kifaru bags (my son wants my BA Farwell). Are you saying the bag is warmer or colder than the 20 degree rating?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCH
[quote=wyoelk]Here's another fact, his detractors have never talked with him over the phone nor met him in person yet they know what kind of businessman he is. Oh the power of the internet. smirk

Fact: Met Mr. Wigutow, spoke with him, corresponded with him via email, participated in online discussions with him that contained numerous comments of varying tenor by him. Some of this contact was very positive, others not so much.

Fact: NONE of the bags I've purchased from him (five I think) have been close to advertised weights. That has been one of my biggest CRITIQUES of those bags based on MY EXPERIENCE. The Kifaru Special (what he called it at the time) was pretty close and although bag ratings are subjective and I sleep cold, I didn't find it even close to being a 20 degree bag.

People ask about the bags looking for opinions and if someone has anything negative to say, it is suddenly considered bashing by those who like or sell them. Are we all supposed to worship at the Wiggy's alter and not find fault? I have tried them and found them wanting in areas, regardless of the temperament of the owner of the company. If he was the nicest guy in the world, they would still be heavier than advertised and difficult to compress or at least the few that I've purchased.

I also find it ironic that the only way to properly use these bags is near naked when Jerry himself has discussed extending their ratings using the sweater and chaps. Of course he only said that on an internet forum in reply to a question from me so perhaps that doesn't count?

Opinion: AkMtnHntr, if his bags work great for you, that's wonderful. I don't begrudge you your choice and it's a great thing to be happy with your gear, but if someone comes on and asks about the bags, don't knock someone else who has had a different experience and don't assume that you know about everyone's experience with the company or owner.

If you would have read this entire thread, you would have seen that I had already stated that I did not know Jerry Wigetow other than a few posts that he has written. My comments were about Marc Taylor and I was spot on in the above qouted text. Posting your experience on a prodcut is one thing, posting your comments about a person you dislike who sells said product is something entirely different and THAT, was the jest of my post. I never said the Wiggys bags are the end all but I find their ratings to be just about spot on. Like what was said previously, everyone sleeps differently and what is a warm bag to one might be a cold bag to another. I'm not sure what your talking about with the "near naked" comment but if your referring to my last post, it was meant as a joke, in case you missed it.

Steelhead

C
CCH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ducttape
Originally Posted by CCH

The Kifaru Special (what he called it at the time) was pretty close and although bag ratings are subjective and I sleep cold, I didn't find it even close to being a 20 degree bag.

CCH, I've also been looking at the Kifaru bags (my son wants my BA Farwell). Are you saying the bag is warmer or colder than the 20 degree rating?

That was NOT a current Kifaru bag, it was a lightweight bag suggested over on the Kifaru forum some time ago and manufactured by Wiggys. He called it that for a while until that went south. I have no experience with the bags made by Kifaru so I can't comment on them.

Akmtnhntr, have read the whole post if only for the entertainment value, just going by what I quoted from that post and the context in which I interpreted it. I know a few of the posters here and their experience are direct with the manufacturer. To many people that counts for a lot.

Last edited by CCH; 11/17/09.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
...YAWN...

I'm sending out the 2ND order as a result of this thread. One Glacier Hunter and one Ultima-Thule. Lengthy discussions both, and each thought you guys were just trying too hard to steer them AWAY. Now figure that out!

I think I'm actually starting to look forward to these threads.

To the two customers, THANKS for trusting me and allowing me to assist, and if I can answer a question or concern, bring them to ME and I'll take care of it properly.

Spoke with Wiggy about this thread. He's very entertained and wants to send a hearty "Thank You" for the free advertising.

With that I think I'll allow this thread to die a happy deaath!

Thanks again!

Taylor

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The thread has been very clear if you clear the foggy posts out.

Bags work good. Don't have as much loft as advertised but plenty warm for a few of us from TX. They don't compress well and they are not light, so for backpacking, nope ain't doing that drill again either.
But for the truck camper type person or even on horse they'd do just fine.

I have come to learn that the missing draft collar would be nice, but so far its caused no big issues.

Backpacking wise I'd sure look a different direction.

And its smart azz comments like YAWN.... that make Marc seem the azz, if he would only learn...maybe he'd have 12 orders by now instead of 2....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 29aholic, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 40 invisible), 3,096 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,612
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.