Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by castandblast
Yep, AND I enrolled in a Latin cours this trimester!

grin

Why the hell not- your English (spelling) isn't all that good.... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did you get a dictionary? wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
I ain't backing down..... his science was good- you just had to filter out the BS. I about laughed myself to a pants filling when he started talking about the various "cultures" of wolf packs.

Sure, they can sing - but they don't record.... nor paint, draw, write, architect, etc.

Feral isn't her real name, so she's a coward to boot....

Sorry friend, filtering is not supposed to be required of scientific writing. If something does not stand up to scrutiny or logic it is not supposed to be there...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
So you take all "science" pubs. at face value? Asprin prevents heart attacks/no it doesn't- it's bad for you. The Adkins diet is the greatest thing since the club - no it isn't, Humans are the greatest cause of global warming - they are largely insignificant....I could go on and on. How often do we hear such and such, only to find out later a "new study" refutes what we've been force-fed for a decade or three...

Color me sceptical - I filter. No, it isn't "supposed" to be necessary- but it is... big business, politics, grants, and funding as it is....

Follow the money/bias- and take the appropriate off-set. There is still often "nuggets" to be had. Either gold or poop..... smile

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted By: castandblast
Yep, AND I enrolled in a Latin cours this trimester

So you're pregnant too?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Filtering/interpretation in your reading and filtering in your writing are very different things.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
las
If he was a friend let me know and I will back off...

Science requires findings support statements, every one of them. Theories require support for the ideas presented and show a logical progression to a conclusion. His writings fail every test. He made assertions from thin air based on emotion.
art

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
las
If he was a friend let me know and I will back off...

Science requires findings support statements, every one of them. Theories require support for the ideas presented and show a logical progression to a conclusion. His writings fail every test. He made assertions from thin air based on emotion.art

And that, my friends, is the textbook description of a garden variety tree-hugging pervert.

Last edited by SPH300wsm; 10/18/09.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The accepted "Scientific Method" starts with a hypothesis that is tested to either validate it or reject it. Now I have never read anything from Haber, but I have from other "scientists" that have an agenda backed by money. Oddly enough the hypothesis is validated by the "testing" that is in concert with the goals of a particular group.
Do you think for a minute that Haber would have been on the payroll if his "science" didn't fit with what Friends of Animals believed? Clever scientists can alter data to fit a hypothesis. This is what many pro man made global warming "scientists" do. That, by the way, is entirely contrary to the true "Scientific Methodology".

Last edited by bigwhoop; 10/18/09.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Did you get a dictionary? wink

Na _ I got spelchker. When you use those 4-bit words, I just ask someone smarter than me - they're everywhere!.... smile

Never met Haber but once, decades ago - just read some of his stuff. Knowing where he was coming from - long before he found a like-minded sponsor in FOA - I could take the basic, honest science stuff from what wasn't. T'wasn't hard to differentiate between the two.

WTF- 2 or 3 times a year I party with my neighbor John Toppenberg (Alaska Wildlife Alliance - Joslin's outfit). So far, no guns have been drawn.... Good thing too, cuz he's likely a whole lot better at it...

Last edited by las; 10/18/09.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry, I'm a little slow. I saw a follow-up story about the pilot on KTUU's website. I was out deer hunting and missed the news--btw, Sitka Deer you're correct; Montague was a bust, we SAW only two doe's and harvested one, good time overall though-I agree with most that was said. The sob was the one instrumental in getting the anti's howling about pred control. Ef his skull; too bad John Toppenberg wasn't in the plane too.

Too many Anchoragites bought his line of crap.

Wook

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
in unrelated news Ms. Feral has won a local raffle for 20 free rides on a NW AK air carrier who's first name might begin with a W.

the tickets are good Jan. thru Feb.

wow she'll be in the air a lot I guess, but someone has to step up

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Las said:
WTF- 2 or 3 times a year I party with my neighbor John Toppenberg (Alaska Wildlife Alliance - Joslin's outfit). So far, no guns have been drawn.... Good thing too, cuz he's likely a whole lot better at it...

Las if he brings out a model 29 you want to be standing behind the firing line with him and not down range. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
in unrelated news Ms. Feral has won a local raffle for 20 free rides on a NW AK air carrier who's first name might begin with a W.

the tickets are good Jan. thru Feb.

wow she'll be in the air a lot I guess, but someone has to step up

Wien??? (Good luck with that I guess. smile )

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
nope K, there's a guy that used to fly out of Kotz IIRC with the name "crack em up W___"

don't know if he's even still flying or not, but he earned that name....the hard way

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wink I knew I didn't know the outfit. Only current "W" I can think of is centered out of your backyard - and they don't dabble out here anymore like they did a few years ago. (Now we have "your" other guys; Hayduke Airlines. wink ) And, of course, Wien (and the subsequent MarkAir) haven't flown for a few years - and they weren't exactly only a NW AK airline anyway (but it was fun to fly 737s onto the gravel runways they landed them on in those days. smile )

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gee's MarkAir, now that is an airline I have not thought about in years. Use to ride them to and from Bethel in the old days.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
FIL used work for MarkAir as a flight instructor. I think Mark Air pissed in Alaska Airlines wheaties one too many times.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gmsemel
Gee's MarkAir, now that is an airline I have not thought about in years. Use to ride them to and from Bethel in the old days.

The predessor which they bought out had much cooler ad posters though. wink

Originally Posted by AcesNeights
FIL used work for MarkAir as a flight instructor. I think Mark Air pissed in Alaska Airlines wheaties one too many times.

They were is a dead-heat race for awhile to go broke as I recall. Those were good days to fly cheap. Safety may have played second fiddle I'm sure; and of course AS Gold Coast was permanently sealed into oblivion with all that.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I remember Fbx-->Sea for $99 in 1993.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (10Glocks, 222ND, 1minute, 1badf350, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,704
Posts18,513,844
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.