Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Guy at work loaned me his copy. Painful read actually. Backward looking is what he called it. I suppose a blow by blow re-hash of this and that appeals to women.

I was hoping for a thoughtful defense of limited government, Jeffersonian federalism, maybe even some Christian theology to justify her choices in life.

I am terribly disappointed quite frankly.

Dammit. Why do our conservative leaders have to be so dam shallow, so lacking in reflection, so divorced from the broad streams of thought in which our founders were swimming?

They deem us stupid. Or they are stupid. I am fed up.

Have you picked up a Glen Beck book lately with all the sarcastic little comic book drawings? I am not three years old. I can handle some rigorous thought, debate, reasoning. It is insulting.

Love Mrs Palin. Grace to her. A pox upon her mockers; but I am disappointed beyond words. Sorry.

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not take into account a wrong suffered. Never return evil for evil. Resist not the violent man. Turn the other cheek, go the second mile, give to him that asks.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Two thoughts on Palin:
1. More disappointing as time plays out

2. Still far more qualified to be in the White House than the dirtbag we put there!

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by vapodog
2. Still far more qualified to be in the White House than the dirtbag we put there!

My thoughts exactly.

Don't get me wrong- I am rooting for her in the game of life and wish her well in all things.

But next go round we need someone who leans more towards Oliver Cromwell to take out a battle ax and tear up all the crap Obama is forcing on us. I don't think that is Mrs Palin.

My preference is for a two-fisted man among men with blood in his eye.

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not take into account a wrong suffered. Never return evil for evil. Resist not the violent man. Turn the other cheek, go the second mile, give to him that asks.
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO2_49TycdE

"I am paying for this microphone..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NowLZlfx5qw&feature=related

...Aww shut up!

This is how Ronald Reagan won the 1980 election.

Last edited by DixieFreedomz; 11/22/09.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DixieFreedomz
Guy at work loaned me his copy. Painful read actually. Backward looking is what he called it. I suppose a blow by blow re-hash of this and that appeals to women.

I was hoping for a thoughtful defense of limited government, Jeffersonian federalism, maybe even some Christian theology to justify her choices in life.

I am terribly disappointed quite frankly.

Dammit. Why do our conservative leaders have to be so dam shallow, so lacking in reflection, so divorced from the broad streams of thought in which our founders were swimming?

They deem us stupid. Or they are stupid. I am fed up.

Have you picked up a Glen Beck book lately with all the sarcastic little comic book drawings? I am not three years old. I can handle some rigorous thought, debate, reasoning. It is insulting.

Love Mrs Palin. Grace to her. A pox upon her mockers; but I am disappointed beyond words. Sorry.
I feel the same way. I was looking forward to finding out where she fundamentally stands on the issues, along with an intellectual defense of why.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Two thoughts on Palin:

No doubt, but the local dog catcher is too.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

My thoughts exactly.

Don't get me wrong- I am rooting for her in the game of life and wish her well in all things.

But next go round we need someone who leans more towards Oliver Cromwell to take out a battle ax and tear up all the crap Obama is forcing on us. I don't think that is Mrs Palin.

My preference is for a two-fisted man among men with blood in his eye.
A Pat Buchanan.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I feel the same way. I was looking forward to finding out where she fundamentally stands on the issues, along with an intellectual defense of why. [/quote]

Is it asking too much???

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I haven't read Palin's book yet, but watching her on TV has been very disappointing. She is still not ready for prime time. Still does not seem to be comfortable to say what needs to be said and leave it at that. She meanders in answering a question, either from trying to be coy and sound intelligent in her answer, or because she cannot effectively communicate. I hate this as I loved the person I thought she was politically, but am coming to the realization that she is just a nice lady, with some good accomplishments, who got in way over her pretty head in national politics.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Pat's book's are well researched, thought provoking and in my opinion persuasive. He draws the most interesting examples from history and his own experience to illustrate his points. And he is a fighter. Love the guy. But Reagan did it all with panache' and grace and grandeur. There was a depth to that guy. His very real struggles with the communists, his face off with the violence of the hippies and black panthers and so forth. He was a good man. Way underestimated by the rank and file.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RickyD
I haven't read Palin's book yet, but watching her on TV has been very disappointing. She is still not ready for prime time. Still does not seem to be comfortable to say what needs to be said and leave it at that. She meanders in answering a question, either from trying to be coy and sound intelligent in her answer, or because she cannot effectively communicate. I hate this as I loved the person I thought she was politically, but am coming to the realization that she is just a nice lady, with some good accomplishments, who got in way over her pretty head in national politics.
Yep. We need to find a deeply principles conservative, or we're wasting this perfect opportunity.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I think this country is getting primed for a very real fist fight and this saintly lass is not the medicine we need. God bless her...

It takes a crooked stick to beat a mad dog.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
lets see Dixie, you read Biden's book? You read hussein's books?

no? oh, I see, its ok to critique Palin, but you give a pass to the dhimmicrats? Typical..

Sam......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
lets see Dixie, you read Biden's book? You read hussein's books?

no? oh, I see, its ok to critique Palin, but you give a pass to the dhimmicrats? Typical..
We don't need to read a Marxist's book to know we don't want them in power. Since that's a given, no need to mention it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And a continuous swinging until it's over. Relentless, undying and never pulling a punch. Hit 'em where it hurts the most and don't stop until there's no fight left in them. They started the fight, time to rise up and finish it!

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

And a continuous swinging until it's over. Relentless, undying and never pulling a punch. Hit 'em where it hurts the most and don't stop until there's no fight left in them. They started the fight, time to rise up and finish it!
+1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey you guy's, don't fall into the trap of expecting that some glib intellectual is going to be the right leader for this country.........regardless of party.

Personally, I think Sara Palin's appeal is exactly what you guy's seem to dislike about her.

The elitists have had plenty of opportunities to do the right thing for America............why don't we give the "man lady on the street" a crack at it for once.

Huh???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Two thoughts on Palin:

No doubt, but the local dog catcher is too.

Agreed......but the dogcatcher wasn't running for office!

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
You know me better than that Mr. Mannlicher. I appreciate anyone who defends Palin because I detest her detractors so intensely, so I am not going to fist-fight anyone who takes up for her. I love the woman. I am just being blunt. And I am not typical... that is for certain.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Good sir...

But it is not elitist to be pickled in Jeffersonian thought! It is not elitist to give a quote from Burke or Madison or Patrick Henry. Every American should be fairly conversant in/with the Federalist Papers and States Rights and the ideology of ordered liberty. That is not elitist.

The fact is; the right wing pundits have dumbed us down.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (222ND, 204guy, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,249
Posts18,525,094
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.