Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I am forced to concede in agreement with the Left that Palin just isn't that smart. Oh, I like her, but she isn't that smart. I like her common roots and her average upbringing and the fact that she represents everything that Leftists just don't understand about America. but, alas, I am also forced to concede in agreement with the Left that she is potentially dangerous.

She is dangerous in the same way that many of us feared Obama was dangerous. She is dangerous in that the unprecedented number of people who show up at her events have no articulable reason for liking her. Critical thought does not enter into the process.

I, at the very least, would like a presidential candidate who is able to articulate his positions in a lucid manner and explain the background of his reasoning. I would like a presidential candidate who at the very least showed passing acquaintance with Locke, Madison, Burke, or Jefferson.

But yeah, the undercurrent in this country is a little frightening. There once was a leader who instinctively understood leadership...who was a master at public speaking...who represented everything the common people loved about their country and hated about the intellectual class who had, in their eyes, ruined it...who was able to mobilize his country to heights never before imagined...and who made the world sit up and take notice of his bold accomplishments. THAT is the undercurrent we are getting here and frankly, it is getting a bit scary.

Last edited by Cossatotjoe; 11/24/09.
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The amusing yet sad thing is, none of the potential Republican candidates measure up to the standard the anti-Palin people set for Palin.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe
I am forced to concede in agreement with the Left that Palin just isn't that smart. Oh, I like her, but she isn't that smart. I like her common roots and her average upbringing and the fact that she represents everything that Leftists just don't understand about America. but, alas, I am also forced to concede in agreement with the Left that she is potentially dangerous.

She is dangerous in the same way that many of us feared Obama was dangerous. She is dangerous in that the unprecedented number of people who show up at her events have no articulable reason for liking her. Critical thought does not enter into the process.

I, at the very least, would like a presidential candidate who is able to articulate his positions in a lucid manner and explain the background of his reasoning. I would like a presidential candidate who at the very least showed passing acquaintance with Locke, Madison, Burke, or Jefferson.

But yeah, the undercurrent in this country is a little frightening. There once was a leader who instinctively understood leadership...who was a master at public speaking...who represented everything the common people loved about their country and hated about the intellectual class who had, in their eyes, ruined it...who was able to mobilize his country to heights never before imagined...and who made the world sit up and take notice of his bold accomplishments. THAT is the undercurrent we are getting here and frankly, it is getting a bit scary.

Gotta agree with all of that.

Too bad she isn't the savior that we need, but there's none to be seen on the horizon either.

MM

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Guess I will have to say the Sara Palin may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, BUT she does have all the core values that I would want in a president. She is many times smarter than this idiot that is in the WH right now. I'll give her my vote as many times as ACORN will allow me to vote. So far, any of the names that have come up for canidates don't measure up to her values and that's what I look for in a canidate.

Dick
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
panhandle, that is pretty much the point at this time.

When the Obamanation talks, you know he means something different from what it seems he is saying,
Sarah, on the other hand, talks straight. I can appreciate straight talk for a change.

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I've said this before but it bears repeating. You don't have to be real smart to be president. You just have to be smart enough to know who the BSers are and who you can rely on.

Even the Obamanation didn't come up with all this krap on his own. And I don't think he's nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

Last edited by toltecgriz; 11/24/09.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
I've said this before but it bears repeating. You don't have to be real smart to be president. You just have to be smart enough to know who the BSers are and who you can rely on.

Even the Obamanation didn't come up with all this krap on his own. And I don't think he's nearly as smart as he thinks he is.
Them's facts.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nemesis
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
If she is a true conservative, shouldn't she be at home raising her kids?

She probably would be, if she didn't have to keep carrying the water for men like you who would rather sit back and make not so funny wisecracks on an internet forum than take an active role in government!!

Hey man, I've been keeping my mouth shout as it's hunting season and I just haven't felt like getting into it but you need to know Shane is one of our FINEST board members. Both for what he has done for our country as well as the type of person he is. I deeply respect the man.

Anyways, you have any luck during archery this year?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe

That was a mighty fine post.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
You don't have to be real smart to be president. You just have to be smart enough to know who the BSers are and who you can rely on.

Yup. W failed on both counts and now we have Obama.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by HoundGirl
If she wanted to be taken seriously, she should have stayed in office and walked the talk.

If she wanted to be taken seriously, she would have written a book that defined her policy, rigid-like.

The dems are praying that is all the gop has to offer. Time to dig deeper.

But, whatever.

If she'd had stayed in office, she'd be bankrupt.
In the meantime she'll soon be worth millions. Couldn't happen to a nicer gal.

That answer will tell you about a lot of issues. Simply put "follow the money". You will get the reason she's no longer governer. No other reason.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll bet she planned it since childhood.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Hey I don't begrudge her the money. If I could do that I would but lots of people can right books that I wouldn't vote for. I like her personally. But I hate it when people say one thing and operate another.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
nemesis,

Shane's top drawer in my book. Served a life time as a Marine and I would consider myself lucky to meet him.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I robbed this from and Alaskan site discussing Palin's book ... this sums her up pretty well ... in many Akn's eyes, I would say ...

-She governed left of center with regards to tax policy.
-She oversaw the largest increase in state government spending in state history.
-She has been less than honest many times when it is politically expedient.
-She seems to have a poor grasp of national and international political issues.
-She attacks folks personally who point out shortcomings in her governing instead of addressing those issues.

I find it amusing when people from the lower 48 say Palin didn't quit AK ... AK quit Palin ... LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey I don't begrudge her the money. If I could do that I would

ok

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I suppose ignoring Americans being killed by terrorists'bombs would be the appropriate response? Reagan sent a message and it shut Khadafi up. I'd wager most Americans were cool with what Reagan did.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ropes

I robbed this from and Alaskan site discussing Palin's book ... this sums her up pretty well ... in many Akn's eyes, I would say ...

-She governed left of center with regards to tax policy.
-She oversaw the largest increase in state government spending in state history.
-She has been less than honest many times when it is politically expedient.
-She seems to have a poor grasp of national and international political issues.
-She attacks folks personally who point out shortcomings in her governing instead of addressing those issues.

I find it amusing when people from the lower 48 say Palin didn't quit AK ... AK quit Palin ... LOL

That sums it up very well.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
She did leave the state better off than Begich left Anchorage grin

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Didn't Reagan trade missiles (that were paid for with drug money) for hostages ... oh I forgot that was all Ollie's idea .... LOL

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 1,579 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,217
Posts18,524,508
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.