Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 24 1 2 22 23 24
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
noKnees,

Back when I was working in the lab, our group tested and repeated some of the results of Andy Fire and Craig Mello, who basicly set entire field of gene regulation on its head. When there results were first announced there were many sceptics, more so because Andy was not a long established investigator. Did Andy and Craig's work receive a very very close look? yes, but once a few dozen labs tested and confirmed their work the change to Dogma was accepted.

If they were saying anything contrary to the theory of evolution, the right folks didn't hear about it. They would have been finished. After Dr. Morowits discovered the ten insitu human fossil skeletons were discovered in dinosaur rocks he would say no more. This after he declared them to be fully modern human. The mine owner had to threaten a law suit to get them back. Nine were sold to Smithsonien and one went to a creation musium.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
After Dr. Morowits discovered the ten insitu human fossil skeletons were discovered in dinosaur rocks he would say no more. This after he declared them to be fully modern human. The mine owner had to threaten a law suit to get them back. Nine were sold to Smithsonien and one went to a creation musium.
In which peer-reviewed science journal may we read about this?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I make no pretense of knowing the Bible, but I think you guys are debating a red herring here.

Can't you find just about ANYTHING in that book? To include many, many internal contradictions?

I understand that it contains a creation myth that many subscribe to, and this is what this thread has evolved into (har har)- a Creation v. Evolution redux.

I guess I'm trying to say that a book of myth and fable, written by confused men over centuries, rife with contradiction, seems like a pretty silly thing to hold up as Exhibit A against a deep, wide scientific theory backed by literally mounds of physical evidence.

More bluntly, I'm calling BS on the entire premise of Bible Creationist v. Evolution debate. It's like putting a book of poetry against Newtonian physics. Sillyness on the face of it.

Now, if one views the Bible as an allegory; a telling of the human creatures' emergence as an intellectual and spiritual animal, then on philosophical grounds it's interesting to look at how people saw themselves, and the world around them, at a time when we were "waking up".

But Bible v. Science is no contest.

You are right Jeff and now I guess I'm condemned like you.

I'm always amazed when I realize that all the problems in the world can be traced to three major and large religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. All three religions descend from the same God and all three of them have books of mythology that is the absolute word of God. And all three believe that their holy books are right and all science is wrong.

BTW: Deism came about in 18th century of enlightenment because learned men especially in science could not reconcile the Bible with science, history, and philosophy.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ringman
derby_dude,

You are the only person that I have ever known who calls modern evolutionary science a lie. I think your Bible Christianity makes you bias and prejudice.

In case you haven't discovered it yet, I can help you. We all have a bias. We all interpret the same evidence from our world view resulting from our biases.

I used to be an atheistic evolutionist. Some facts by an evolutionist cause me to doubt my atheism. It was so devestating to my psyche I consulted a shrink. Eventually I started believing in Infinite Intelegent Energy. Finally I became a Christian and read the Bible to discover my new bias. I concluded if God is Infinite, then He is able to protect His Word. Therefore I read it in the same manner I read the posts here.

Well that explains that. There is nothing worst than a reformed somebody.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 24 of 24 1 2 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 21 invisible), 1,426 guests, and 1,009 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,655
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.