Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Glad to see others feel the same way about Tikka ergo's. Thought I was alone. Want to want one....just can't. Love the A-bolts.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
HR IC

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a Tikka T3 and when my friend who owns an A- Bolt seen me taking the clip magazine in and out so smoothly, he couldn't believe it!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You can't go wrong either way. Both are good guns and shoot well. Handle both and see what YOU like and buy it. A Remington 700 is a fine rifle as well but it's real advantage over the Browning or Tikka is if you plan to have it worked on due to after market parts availability and gunsmith preference.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Straydog, the clip was one thing in particular I did not like on the Tikka. It clicks in then you have to push it in place with a second further click. I felt I could see myself losing the thing because of it even though it would probably not happen. Much prefer the Abolts removable clip and fact that a floor plate locks it securely in place. Not knocking the Tikka and have tried and tried to like them but even the checkering just feels awkward to my hands. Keep loving yours.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Do they still make an A-Bolt without the BOSS? I swear I saw that they didn`t. I would prefer one without.

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
TIKKA!!!!!!!!!!!! T3!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who did the Finns bomb??? smile

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Got a T3 Hunter 338 WinMag, like it ok. The action is real smooth and it feeds flawlessly. Got an A-Bolt 338 WinMag I truly love. It is smooth and feeds 100% too. Both are good rifles, different as night and day though. Tikka (plastic) magazines are overpriced to the max ($90!!!). If you handload the Tikka mags are too short maybe to get the best accuracy from seating long. My Tikka shoots about 1 MOA + or -. A-Bolt action is longer, and (metal) 375H&H mags can be had that allow seating out as far as you need to, this apparently worked well on mine because it now shoots a ragged hole group (three shots) at a hundred. Had to add a Timney trigger spring kit to get the pull down to a decent 3 lbs though ($25). After playing with both, the Tikka is about to go down the road - for now it has been demoted to truck gun until deer season is over. IMHO the Medallion oil finished stocks (not shiny) look a lot better, too. Look for an A-Bolt II in the Grade 3 octagon barrel, it has a nice stock with the oil finish. A-Bolt fit and finish is a long ways ahead of the T3.

Edited to add: Reread the original post and caught the SS/Syn part. I still say the A-Bolt Stainless Stalker is a better made rifle, the Tikka just has too much polymer for me to warm to it. The Browning is finished way better, I have played with and handled both in SS/Syn. Can't seem to get my T3 to shoot with the Browning, either. Makes me sad, I'd like to like both of 'em.

YMMV.

Texas

Last edited by Texas; 12/09/09.

"It is just that we should be grateful, not only to those with whose views we may agree, but also to those who have expressed more superficial views; for these also contributed something, by developing before us the powers of thought." Aristotle

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by avagadro
Who did the Finns bomb??? smile

Good one......

Tikka of course.......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well with the Tikka I did not need to fix the trigger, shoots MOA or better. The A bolt is a nice looking gun, but out of the box the Tikka is ready to go. Plastic yes, problems no. You pay your money and take your chances.

IC B3

C
C
Even though Tikka/sako is foreign(Finland) and I try to buy American as much as possible. Tikka T3 is an awsome weapon. The only gunmaker I know that gaurentees 1"moa. Comparing a T3 to an A-bolt, I would pick the Tikka hands down. It is in my opinion a better weapon and you will save yourself about $300.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Tikka works well right out of the box. No extra work required. Less than $600.00 is a hell of a deal for what you get.

PROUD TO BE A VETERAN
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Don't know what you're pay for the Tikka, but here is an option

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/62/products_id/78433

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
$514.00 for the T3 Lite.

PROUD TO BE A VETERAN
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
OCtagon -yes they sell many models without the boss.

. Confucius
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 204guy, 160user, 1lessdog, 56 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,527
Posts18,491,115
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.