Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by harv3589
Where is the best place/cheapest place to order a Mathews bow? I want to get the new Z7 and the girlfriend wants a new Mathews as well...
You can't order Mathews bows Guy, what I mean in order is mail order.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Popapi
Where is the best place/cheapest place to order a Mathews bow? I want to get the new Z7 and the girlfriend wants a new Mathews as well...

So there are no sporting goods/archery stores in the States that will mail me a new bow?

Rob
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

You don't want to order a mathews, you might have to change out the cam to adjust the bow length and that is NOT cheap.

Best way to go is to order one off season when they drop the prices a bit.

Spot

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Popapi

So there are no sporting goods/archery stores in the States that will mail me a new bow?
Their NOT suppose to Harv.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was going to go and figure out exactly what i need here and get it there because it would be a whole lot cheaper. Guess I will just have to do a trip south in the new year.

Rob
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would concur with JJ. It seems the archery industry is going in reverse. Everything is about speed, not smoothness. If YOU shoot a new speed bow side by side with a Switchback, Hoyt, or PSE that is 2-4 years old, there is NOOOOOOOO comparison on smoothness and very little difference in speed. The older bows have it in spades when it comes to smoothness. For me, the piddly 5-20 fps more the speed bows offer isn't worth the trade off of a stiff, short and hard power curve and a very hard 'wall'. I hunt a lot in cold weather and on the ground, so slow smooth drawing is critical for success. I can't pull the new speed bows slow and easy, especially when it is snowing and 10 degrees. I get busted every time by the critters. Give me smooth and forgiving bow any day. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I was going to go and figure out exactly what i need here and get it there because it would be a whole lot cheaper. Guess I will just have to do a trip south in the new year.
IF you have a GOOD friend here you could buy it at a dealor and have HIM(friend) ship it, now I have done that on MAN occasions!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm pretty sure that if there's no dealer within a certain distance of your home, then you can get a mail-order bow from any dealer of your choosing. I'd call a few to see if they'd send you a bow..won't hurt anyway.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I shot the new Z7 on sat. at Jays Sporting Goods in Clare, Mi. sells for $869.00 was a sweet bow! thinking maybe!
John

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

We have a dealer here that I have worked with extensively. I would help getting you a bow, the trouble is getting it set up for you. The next problem is getting it shipped through customs. I sent a scope to a guy in Canada and it got stalled in customs for awhile.

I have a Drenalin and have had it for a couple of years. Like someone else posted, everything is about speed these days. My Drenalin is absolutely smooth from beginning to end in the draw of this bow. I can get any Matthews bow around cost and I am sticking with the Drenalin.

This year I tried the "Monster" compared to my Drenalin, with everything equal ie. draw length, draw weight, same weight of arrow, and the Monster only shot about 2-3 inches flatter to 40 yards over my Drenalin. Smoothness and ease of draw was no comparison.

I haven't tried the Z7, but I will. I am keeping my Drenalin until something beats it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was shooting a Mathews Legacy and never cared for it. I am not stuck on the Z7 at all and would consider other Mathews. I just need to get in and try some out here. I am definitely not hung up on speed either, I want a smooth bow that is nice to shoot.

Rob
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Then buy a new S2 or a used Switchback XT, you cannot detect where the reduction or let off begins and ends. It draws straight back with the weight letting off as you draw the whole way. ( or so it seems) there is no "drop off" in a valley. Sure it starts off with full weight, but it's sheds effort gradually the whole draw length until "wow" it's all the way back and I can hold for minutes now if needed! The 2010 Martin Firecat TR1 is very close to the Switchback. Ross makes another called the "easy draw" or something like that. It's got the same feel as well.

Letting down is the same, it will not try to dislocate your wrist! The Drenilin is somewhat similar but it's still not as good as the SBXT or the S2

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drenalin LD is a helluva bow if you like longer axle to axle bows, which I recently switched too. I fought the urge to buy another bow for quite some time and told myself I wouldn't buy a Mathews but I eventually gave in, best thing I ever did.

If your looking for a Mathews but don't want to pay that new price, go to Archery Talk and browse their classifieds, they have more bows for sale there than any site I've been too. You can pick up less than 1 year old bows cheap as most of the mebers there want the new bows as soon as they come out.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its also a good way to see what bows are actually great too. Look at the price of the used bows and see how fast they sell. Some specific model bows that sold new for 750 and are a year old are listed for 600 and gone in one or two days!

Others are for sale at about half of new and stay for sale until out of site on the list. This is a good way to see just how much demand and what performance they really had!

There are clear trends at what is in demand and what nobody wants, even though the marketing hype would have had you believe otherwise!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,440 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,658
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.