Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I graduated from spanking, to a belt, to a thin (but tough) dowel. Yeah, I was a slow learner!

I deserved every smack, whack, and thwap that I received and I'm better for it. OTOH, I don't remember my older brother ever getting spanked, etc. THE LOOK from my mom or dad was enough to put him in line.

My boy has been spanked and probably will be again. I don't often have to as he, thankfully, IS a quick learner. He's also a sneaky bastid and plots when I'm away at work grin .

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got plenty of them and so did my kids. The Bible says if you don't spank them, you hate them. What else do we need to know about the subject.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Dad used to tell me, "I like paddling your butt so give me a good reason". That's what he said, in reality I probably didn't even get one a year -- I knew (or at least thought) that he meant it. And I remember from the times that he carried it through, that I didn't ever want another one. I deserved each and every one and did manage to talk my way out of a few. (In fact, I know that I deserved maybe 5 times more at least, but I didn't get caught for everything). wink If he told me to go to the tack room and get him a quirt, I knew I was in for it even worse if I didn't.

A few of the things I remember getting wailed on for;

I snuck out five boxes of 30-06 cartridges one time, pulled the bullets with pliers and made cool sparkler fireworks out of the powder piles. I left squashed shells laying around the vice for evidence too. crazy

I was swinging an Aussie, playing rag, with an old gunnysack. I got to swinging in circles so fast that ol' Bang was airborn in a centrifugal circle, like I had been told not to do to him before, and he let go and sailed through a big picture window into the house with a shower of broken glass right where my dad was sitting in the living room. shocked

I tried to make a canon out of gasoline, diesel, rags, a 6" pipe, and some buckets, and some rocks -- I thought the best place to do this was right behind the shed where we stored all the flammables, I didn't have to carry stuff far that way. The garden hose didn't spray enough water to dent the ensuing fire, and the shed burnt down. eek

There was a time when I was about 12, I had a Willy's jeep that was never supposed to leave the ranch, but I backed into a nice new truck in town, 45 miles away. cry

There are probably 4 or 5 others, just as naughty, but you should get the idea.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My father died early 1960's when I was 4, brother was 6. Mom had her hands full, and had no problem disciplining. We usually deserved it, and had a great deal of respect for the wooden spoon. I remember her driving down the road in the old Pontiac station wagon; she could stop two boys horsin' around in the back seat with one hand on the wheel and the other takin a swipe through the air with that spoon. The gesture alone usually stopped whatever that was going on.
The 'timeout' system used by these pansy azzes today is a joke. The kids have no respect for it, and the ones I've seen raised on that system alone are totally out of control and do not listen one bit to their parents.

Last edited by levrluvr; 01/03/10.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Swampman700
I got plenty of them and so did my kids. The Bible says if you don't spank them, you hate them. What else do we need to know about the subject.

My father beat me a couple of times a week into my teenage years, he was good at it too. Then he gave up the booze, and the beatings stopped, well, the physical ones anyways. He must of loved me more than anyone....

Lynn

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yes, but not near as often as I probly should have. there was a certane order we would have to sit in Church just so I was at arms lenght.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
In the early 80's - as a young Phys.Ed. teacher - I occasionally had some high-school kids who would swear on the playing field when things didn't go the way they wanted to.

I always gave them three "choices".

They could stay in at lunch - and write out 100 times "Profanity is a crutch for conversational cripples" - before leaving the detention room.

Or...

They could run a mile around the school field - while the rest of the class kept playing.

Or...

They could bend over - touch their toes - and take one on the backside from "Big Blue" - my running shoe.

If they chose the latter (it was the macho thing to do) I reminded them - that while corporal punishment was technically illegal in BC at that time - that in this case it would be OK - because the ASKED for it...

Those were the days...

Grown men to this day come up and remind me from time to time about how they liked the way I did things...

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was a difficult child sometimes so I needed it.. Didn't feel that way at the time..

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Check out this Canadian comic's opinion on child-rearing - and spanking.

I promise you - it's worth watching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn5jlrxcpkI

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got smacked around 'till 13yrs old, when father died. I was the street bully as well. I never smacked any of my own, chosing reason and sanction over abuse. I am not a bully now or have been in a very long time. there are better ways to get your point accross.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was probably paddled at least every other day, and can honestly say, I deserved pretty much every one I ever got. For some reason I find myself attracted to women in leather's and boot's now though, could be a side effect. shocked

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mosaic_Lynn

My father beat me a couple of times a week into my teenage years, he was good at it too. Then he gave up the booze, and the beatings stopped, well, the physical ones anyways. He must of loved me more than anyone....

Lynn

Yeah. Me too. But my dad was stone sober. I turned out okay, but it was in spite of the beatings.

Swore I wouldn't with my kid and pretty much did. Spanked him twice. Once when he ran out in the road and I wanted to make an impression on him.

Another when he was biting other kids. Told him I'd spank him if he did it again. Regretted telling him that but had to follow through when he did it again. He never bit anyone again, but I felt pretty bad about it.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got my share but it was nothing excessive, and, I deserved it. It was always my dad and he used a fraternity paddle that he had from his college days. In short order my brother and I graduated to "the look"....that was pretty much all we needed as we knew the consequences.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looking back on it.....My parents disciplined me appropriately. Gave me a break when I'd earned one and whooped my AZZ when I needed it. Evaluating myself, I've probably been a little too easy on mine, but they are 20 and 18 now and really good kids (young adults). Divorced from my ex when they were really young and guilt about that made it hard to be very tough on them. I wish my kids had the chance to grow up with mom and dad in the same home.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was. I needed it. It worked.

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by Mosaic_Lynn

Lynn

Yeah. Me too. But my dad was stone sober. I turned out okay, but it was in spite of the beatings.

Swore I wouldn't with my kid and pretty much did. Spanked him twice. Once when he ran out in the road and I wanted to make an impression on him.

Another when he was biting other kids. Told him I'd spank him if he did it again. Regretted telling him that but had to follow through when he did it again. He never bit anyone again, but I felt pretty bad about it.

He beat me drunk or sober, but stopped after the drinking. Emotional and mental crap kept up though. Left home at 18 and swore I would never do to my kids what was done to me. Spanking happened, very rare, but never a beating.

Lynn

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Yes, I received corporal punishment growing up. I teach school, now their are no consqences at school or home. I have asked the parents of the trouble makers, and they usually always say no they would never spank their child...I shake my head and know that is why junior will probably get raped in prison

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got it, and it was well deserved at times.

1Minute
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
BIG difference between a kid getting a whack now and then to discipline vice being abused by an alcoholic or non-alcoholic parent.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yes, I was spanked as a child. I usually deserved it and was told why I deserved it and how to avoid getting spanked in the future. My parents never got angry when disciplining me. I was never beaten. There's a difference. This taught me self discipline that has worked well for me for 60 years.

While raising my two children, I preferred to avoid corporal punishment (there are other ways to discipline children and teach them where the limits are) except in extreme situations and then I employed the same kind of restrained corporal punishment combined with education that my parents used. I'm very proud of the way that my children have turned out. I hope that the training they got from me had something to do with it.

My daughter has given me two grand-children and she and my SIL seem to be employing the same strategy with positive results.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 18 invisible), 1,673 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,388
Posts18,469,804
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.