Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
One cannot survive on bikini clad wemon alone must have beer.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I was wondering where last night's episode was shot. It's not a "how to" show. It's entertainment, and I get that from it. My kids love it, and it's actually something pretty cool for us to watch as a family. Call him all the names you want, when I overhear my kids playing in the windbreak out in the pasture and they're building shelters and setting traps playing "Man V Wild" I get warm and fuzzy. Why all the venom directed at the man?

No venom, just a few snow balls.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didn't see the Montana hang gliding show, but last fall I had coffee with a guy that was involved with the production of that show.

The hang gliding portion took two or three days to film with Bear gliding off the crest of the Bridger mountains and landing in Fairy lake. This is located about 20 miles north east of Bozeman. They only had a one day Forest Service permit for landing the helicopter on top of the Bridgers. The filming crew and Bear spent every night in a motel in Bozeman.

Several years ago, the Forest Service reconstructed the trail from the parking lot and Fairy lake campground down to Fairy lake as handicap accessible.

And like I said, I didn't see the show, but someone else posted that another part if this show was filmed at Palisade Falls, which is located about 20 miles south of Bozeman (40 miles by paved road from Fairy lake), and is accessed by a handicap accessible paved trail.

Both Fairy lake and Palisade Falls are visited by hundreds if not thousands of people every year.

This isn't the truth, it's Hollywood.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Billygoat I'v nothing against the man I just don't think some of the chances he takes like I stated running down broken rock slopes and climbing a rock face when it would be safer to go around is good info for people like your boys. I think it great that thay want to play and practice survival. I would as L.W. suggested get some of Ron Hoods vidos and watch them thay are entertaining and the best info for those who want to learn.Some of the thing on Man V Wild could end up with broken bones or dead.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks for the Ron Hoods videos tip, I'd not heard of him. All I see the show as is entertainment. I'm in full agreement if a person did what he does, they'd more than likely end up dead. I just think it's really neat all the different locations across the globe he's shown. If somebody actually thought of this show as a survival guide, then they're dumb enough to get what's coming to them. To me the show beats some mindless sitcom. I honestly don't care if he spends his nights in a motel. That story broke a long time ago. I just get tired of the unending pummeling Grills takes on the 'net.

I like to watch Mythbusters as well. I don't think anyone would espouse trying to recreate their experiments either.

MAGA
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by prm
Umm, Bear Grylls was in the British SAS, he also climbed Everest. Yes, the shows are just entertainment, but I suspect he can hold his own just fine in the real world. ...and even against internet "experts".

Not saying he was not but he is a liar. Caught on tape staying at a hotel while he was claiming to be "outback".... also claiming to be trying to tame a wild horse.... actually it came out that they had rented the horse from the rancher that owned the land he was on.... and of course this came out after people saw the horse shoes on the "wild horse"

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well, claiming one thing and doing another is not cool. I agree there. I guess I don't take the show that seriously, just look at is playing in the woods vice some actual survival situation.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not sure about the mountain scenes but the railroad crap was shot somewhere between Denton and the Hanover trestle NW of Lewistown on the CMR railroad. If you've ever taken a ride on the Charlie Russell Choo Chew, you've been there. A train travels those tracks so rarely that I'd bet a paycheck they hired the train to chase his but out of that tunnel. And that trestle is impressive but why not just walk up out of the coulee on either end. I couldn't help but think what a dumb Azz. All hollywood hype, no guts, just feathers
JMO

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I always gets a kick out this video. I'm sure most of you have seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 3,142 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,381
Posts18,469,554
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.