T
xbio

The mistake you are making is even thinking they want to talk about you. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Here in Idaho, hunting is part of the state's culture. Half the population here hunts. The average home has 2 1/2 guns. Now of the half who don't about half of them hate guns and hunting i.e. a quarter of the population. The other quarter who don't hunt don't really seem to care either way. So if you move here the odds are good.

I used to live in California. A urban perception of hunters is they are dangerous knuckle dragging rednecks. Get out to a less overpopulated locales, visit rural Countys where your considered a normal guy if you hunt.

I don't know your age or were you meet women. If your into the bar scene go to a country bar and act yourself. If you use internet personal sites mention that part of your being an out of doorsman is you enjoy camping, fishing and hunting. Just because a woman has never done these activities doesn't mean that she wouldn't be interested.

Lastly look for woman who grew up where hunting and fishing is accepted. Fly over country States. My wife is from South Dakota. She doesn't hunt but half her family does.

I hope this helps you. Good luck! Keep trying. There are a lot of good women out who want to meet a good man. We're friends with several. Ask your friends if they know someone suitable and meet for coffee. Use self control. Staying out of their pants for a few dates helps establish trust.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Try this one after a little small talk, ain't saying it will work, but it could sure find out a few things.....

Guy: So you miss Bush yet?

Her: Excuse me?

Guy: Do you miss 'W' yet? I mean all this hope and change sure dose not seem to be doing trick!

Her: 'W' was a moron, you vote for him? As I sure didn't, I can't believe you would ask a question like that? I bet you belong to the NRA with millions of other idiots just like you?

Her again: I bet you drive a big-ass truck and deny that it's trucks like yours that are giving us this climate crisis?

Her still, she ain't shutting up anytime soon: To answer your question, I am so glad 'W' is out of there, you probably voted for that wrinkly old guy and that bambi-killing phony from that really cold place, Canada or somewhere who-da-hell cares!

Or....

Guy: So you miss Bush yet?

Her: Excuse me?

Guy: Do you miss 'W' yet? I mean all this hope and change sure dose not seem to be doing trick!

Her: That's what I thought you said! It's funny isn't it? I mean that Kenyon can't seem to get anything right! I think we know why he never showed any-one his collage records!

Guy: Really? Wow! I was just having fun! It is really fantastic to hear that! I was a little afraid that we might not have a lot in-common.

Really exaggerated, not that I get it right very often, but I sure do not want to waste a lot of time when there are going to be future 'issues'.

Clinging to my God, and my guns!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
That last post was funny, but may not be too helpful. Just be yourself.

Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often. Mark Twain
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Honestly I did not read the whole thread. I'm just going on your ? BE YOUR SELF,HIDE NOTHING. works better that way. Not everyone likes me but; thats O.K. I sleep well.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just tell them up front.If they don't like it,well you just saved yourself some wasted time and effort.

And don't worry about it-if a woman thinks you're cute and nice to talk to,she's going to want to sleep with you,regardless of your right wing lifestyle.Will she want to be in a long term relationship with you?Probably not,but after a couple rides in the sack you'll probably be tired of her BS anyway and you'll keep on looking for someone who actually takes an interest in what you like.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I met a vet, taught her to shoot and hunt and married her. Hardest thing to do now is to get her to let me shoot something. She wants all the trigger time -- and she's GOOD!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey, maybe she's a "closet" hunter/shooter and would welcome you breaking the ice on the subject.
If she's an anti-gun, anti-hunting type, you're probably barking up the wrong tree anyway.
Jerry

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The best stick men are all pathological liars. The just listen to what a woman says, figure out what she wants to hear, and then tell her that. The pretense of being a very emotional and/orpassionate person helps too. Then they get laid and just move one.

If she looks like a keeper just tell her the truth about anything that pops up to see if she rolls with the punches. The ones that want to control what you think, say or do aren't worth having around and so you can sort the wheat from the chaffe in a hurry.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
When I was single (42 years ago) I never raised the subject of my hobbies and interests, until I was asked. Then I'd casually mention golf, hunting, mechanical (i.e., firearms) design, etc., not emphasizing any subject too much. Then, it was up to the woman to delve into the subject further.

I still follow this approach today.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
As far as you lady Vet goes. Don't worry about it. If she's been out of school a year the [bleep] she has seen has toughend her up to handle about anything. She'll take it or leave it based on her life before and you won't change that any more than she will make you eat tofu. FWIW I do not know any anti-hunting DVMs that are worth the time of day. I probably know 30 female DVMs off the top of my head.

A really good way to get to know each other is to go find a used record/CD store and go shopping. Next go find some decent wine and go home to see what you bough at the music store. If you get lucky both of you get laid and she wants to see how your reloading stuff works.

Personally, I would avoid the Lady DVMs. You might wake up some day with an armload of ketamine and a trach tube down your throat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never had that problem. I guess it's that big NRA sticker and the deer hunting stuff I keep in my truck. You have to decide if it;s a relationship you want, or a hit and run. Be straight either way.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good Topic !!

I have a few qualifying questions I try to work in when I meet woman:

Do you eat meat ? They betta say yes to this one !!

Do you drink alcohol at least socially ?

What are your thoughts on gun ownership?

What do you think about hunting ?

Believe it or not you can work this in within a half hour conversation very easily.

There is nothing worse than working backwards in a relationship, If you have certain beliefs or values that are important to you it's good to get them out there in the beginning.

Now here comes the close !!!!!!! Pay good attention !!!!!! It works !!!!!

I have a picture of one of my "bear rugs" on my I-phone open screen and I show them the picture and wait for their reaction:

If she thinks its awful and is appalled you say goodnight and move on !!

If she tells you "I always wanted to have sex on a "bear rug" you know you have a keeper !!!!!!

Dino

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by smithwr
Nope. If they are that far against it and you are that far for it, then what is the point in trying? I shoot skeet/pistols/rifles/varmit hunt/bird hunt with my gf and her dad religiously every sunday, if they are against it from the start it will never work. Get the petty bs out of that way at the start I say.
I'm in your camp on this one..

Be true to yourself first... The rest will follow..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I was in that game, the subject was one of the first things talked about, hunting,fishing and camping. The first date with my wife was a camping trip on the river along with fishing and some target shooting. Must have gone well as we have been together for over 45 years.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crosshair
You have to decide if it;s a relationship you want, or a hit and run. Be straight either way.

Good advice here.

Nothing worse than getting attached and then finding out there's going to be an issue because of your lifestyle (regarding hunting and such)

I dated a girl once and it was only after 6 months or so that I realized that things weren't going to work out long term. That was mainly because I was working Public Safety and her brother was a member of a Columbian drug cartel. I only found this out after the death threats.

But it was fun while it lasted.....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I was dating a girl once and dropped her because of death threats...

And there was no cartel involved.... shocked

ingwe

Last edited by ingwe; 01/26/10.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by crosshair
You have to decide if it;s a relationship you want, or a hit and run. Be straight either way.

Good advice here.

Nothing worse than getting attached and then finding out there's going to be an issue because of your lifestyle (regarding hunting and such)

I've been there. I've told a woman repeatedly that I wasn't looking for a serious relationship and she still gave it up. Oh well, I took it. Of course some of them think that is going to change your mind, like there ain't about 750 million in the world just like it. If all she has is a good one, well that ain't enough.

Now if this woman thinks you are going to change your entire life for her she can just forget it. I told my wife from early on, 'I'll share my life with you, not give it to you."

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would love to give you a serious reply, but I just can't seem to. I am completely transparent. I've got buddies that tell girls they're novelists, professors, businessmen... I've even had them use my name and give the girls my number. That makes for fun and often confusing morning after calls. Especially when they don't believe me, and think I'm one of my friends giving her the dust off.

I had a pretty little blond hippie girl in college that took a real liking to me. I tend to stay away from the hippie types. Seeing someone floss their teeth with their hair is usually a turn off, but this girl was in my animal sciences classes and really liked me. She wasn't the cleanest and smelled like her favorite perfume was "Eau de Bong Water" but it's hard to resist a pretty girl that comes to class, sits on your lap and kisses you in lecture hall every day. I went out with her and avoided the subject of hunting for months. She was a vegan and I knew it would break her heart.

Her Dad threw her out and she came to live with me for a while. I got to talking about it with her and started to notice all the dirty looks from her friends. Her best little buddy gave me a hard time, but she got hospitalized for anemia (healthy people, those vegans). She eventually moved away to California. I saw her years ago back home working in a pet store. I had a hard time with the vegan part, and have since decided to get the outdoorsy thing right out front. I don't think I could live without it and any woman that is interesting enough to get with should know it.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never thought there was anything wrong with sharing who and what you are. It might be wise to wait a while before insisting she clean the fish you bring home. JMO, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12savage, 60 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,315
Posts18,505,704
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.