Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Ah, another Texan rushing to the Alamo. You lose your sense of humor somewhere? Can't recognize good-natured ribbing when you see it, or what? I'm glad all my very good friends in Texas don't have that problem.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry, I forgot the smilies. Bob

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
That's OK. My wife sometimes forgets the smiles, too, when I crack Texas jokes. I can't help it. There's just soooo much material to work with...

My last hunt in South Texas was on a ranch owned by six partners. All but one were U of T grads. The exception was a Texas A&M guy. Well, UT wasn't having a very good year in football that season, so the A&M guy and me snuck out in the middle of the night and lowered the UT flag, which flew from a flagpole in front of the hunting lodge, to half mast. Great howls of outrage the next morning. Best part of all... they immediately blamed and ganged up on the A&M guy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's funny. Now that we're friends you can blow me. cool cool cool laugh Bob

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And Sitka Deer too. laugh laugh laugh

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Damned crazy-arse Texicans are all the same... all dressed up and no place to go. You keep talking like that and they may adopt you in San Francisco. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by rkamp
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Both sides now have zero tolerance for opposing opinion. It isn't enough to disagree with somebody anymore, it must be taken further. As goes 24hr, so goes the country.

I only started frequenting the "hunter's campfire" recently. It is no place to roast marsh mellows or get warm. It should be renamed the "saloon" where almost anything goes. Outside of the "hunters campfire", the forum members seem much more hospitable.

laugh I like it, we should rename this room the saloon.

I noticed the kids forum is hats off and feet wiped as it should be. Maybe a "saloon" forum would help congregate those in a surly mood who want to discuss politics, religion, sports, and wolf's in an more off the cuff and vibrant manner. How many times have you been out with your family and seen some jerk cussing and carrying on at a ball game or restaurant? With a "Saloon" in place the "hunters campfire" could gain back it's PG rating.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Let's see... you're in Texas? 257 Wby Mag with 120-grain Nosler Partitions should fit in down there... or we'll just make you retrieve downed quail in that nasty South Texas brush. Your choice. wink

Hmmmm. Saloon. I kinda like that. Maybe we should get Rick to rename the hunter's campfire. Crazed old farts' Saloon really would be more accurate.

rkamp - I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most of the guys are harmless. I'm not too sure about curdog and Gringo Loco, though. You know how those Texans can be... I often remind my wife (who is from Texas) that there is no native American criminal class... except Texans. Oddly, she fails to see the humor in the statement.

Yes most of the people are real nice and passionate in their beliefs. If you ain't marching to a beat, there's something wrong.

Last edited by rkamp; 02/04/10.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Watch it buddy, I can borrow a scathing wit if I need to.

You could wind up being called a sandy clam or worse. Bob

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 86thecat
When I got here the kindling wood was still just starting to burn , and it seems the place has really changed - and not for the better .

The reality is this is Rick's site and he moderates it to his standards.

Who is this Rick? I hope his birthday is remembered and gifts sent.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rkamp
[quote=Kentucky_Windage]Let's see... you're in Texas? 257 Wby Mag with 120-grain Nosler Partitions should fit in down there... or we'll just make you retrieve downed quail in that nasty South Texas brush. Your choice. wink

Hmmmm. Saloon. I kinda like that. Maybe we should get Rick to rename the hunter's campfire. Crazed old farts' Saloon really would be more accurate.

rkamp - I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most of the guys are harmless. I'm not too sure about curdog and Gringo Loco, though. You know how those Texans can be... I often remind my wife (who is from Texas) that there is no native American criminal class... except Texans. Oddly, she fails to see the humor in the statement.

Yes most of the people are real nice and passionate in their beliefs. If you ain't marching to a beat, there's something wrong.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Not everyone likes my views.
I don't nessecarily like everyone elses views.
I try to keep it civil,(unless I "know" the person and can joke with them), but many others do not.
That is what the "ignore this user" option is for.
It works real well.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
LOTS of folks here that seemingly don't hunt nor shoot. Can't fathom where all the folks that want to talk Religion and Politics all came from or if the know which is the pointy end of a rifle.

And then you have a group that are just like JO and are what is wrong with this country. To many damn liberals and enough folks to kiss their ass.

Just saying.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That was neither kind nor gentle.....guess some times that's just the way it is with the truth

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Seems the real downfall, especially to this part of the forum, was when Christ At The Campfire section was nuked.

CATC was a guiding light and a constant beacon of good will and love.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
the lord bless you and keep you. amen

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back in the day I was a bartender at Stasius' Bar in Northeast Minneapolis - University Avenue and Lowry. Maybe I've thrown out some of the Campfire's Minnesota contingent. smirk

On weeknights it was a neighborhood and working man's bar. Things could get rough, but that was part of the appeal. On weekends the place could be a zoo, but again, most of the crowd was out for a good time.

Sunday night wasn't as busy, but it was the worst night of the week. There were the same number of azzhats, but the neighborhood folks and working guys mostly stayed home. There wasn't any dilution factor, just one azzhat after another with no entertainment sandwiched between them.

The Hunter's Campfire is Sunday night at Stasius. There aren't more azzhats here, just the ratio has changed. The good guys tend to stay at the other forums.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
JMHO, but it's always the worst in the midst of winter..

Once it warms up, it seems people chill out a bit more..

But part of it stems from some true instigators - those few that post in such ways as to spark negative attacks.. A simple solution is to avoid 'em like the plague..

BTDT..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure saloons have changed in the 25 years since they were my second home . Actually , Texas had beer joints and package sales only until after I was grown .

I didn't learn to play nice in Sunday School - I learned it in " saloons " , and a lot of the verbal behaviour [ the only sort of behaviour possible on the innanet ] was not tolerated back then .

If the bouncer or owner didn't get to you before some husband or boyfriend , you were gonna run or fight .Either way , you would get a lesson .

So I would not be in favor of a name change .

The date shown in my profile is late by a few months . I followed 'Stick over here from Shooters like most others . I posted under my old Shooters handle until Ken Howell came on board under his real name . So I started posting under my real name also . Worked until an ex tracked me down .

Does anyone remember how many forums we had then ? There weren't very many as I recall , but I sure ain't the official historian .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A lot of us old timers are refugees from the old Shooters.com meltdown, now that place got rough!

This place is really pretty cool save a few johnny-come-lately's that worship the libertard point of view and think push feed rifles are really shooting irons when in reality they are nothing more than expensive tomato stakes. smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

427 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 38 invisible), 1,918 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,635
Posts18,493,138
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.