-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 32 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 31 32
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I remember that second one from last spring...

Good job recruiting to help with the yogi... wink

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
This one weighed in at about 70lbs maybe.. I wasn't the shooter though. Funny story with this one. On the way out, I yelled to the boy's "Hey wait for us, there's bears out here!"

"We aren't afraid of bears anymore!" my son yelled back..

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That's the best pic in the bunch! Kids are the bestest, Austin (grandson) can hunt in two more springs. May have to get a bit serious about bruins then.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

One last one for the night, this is Ingwe and his blond kicking my blond azz......46" muskie on a fly rod that he knows all too well.

I'll be a waiting for his pic of his fly rod musky, or wait maybe he used his 7X....grin

Luvin ya man, and I'm gonna make a trip your way a week from tomorrow. You gonna be at work?

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
OK, seeing if I can remember how to do photos... if this works, should be a shot of my last bear from last spring. My personal best to date. Spot & stalk hunt, no bait, no calls. Squared 7 ft. Skull unknown, taxidermist says he's keeping it a surprise until I get the hide & skull (within a week or so now) but he assures me the bear will make the book. All I know is the bear (island bear) was HUGE, bodywise... dwarfed all previous mainland black bears shot by me.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Kentucky_Windage; 02/15/10.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski

Luvin ya man, and I'm gonna make a trip your way a week from tomorrow. You gonna be at work?

Dober

Mark, call or PM me ahead of time, but I should be there...might hafta make a road trip to pick up a dog, but I don't know yet...

BTW: you know I can't catch a musky unless you lend me your 9 weight again... whistle

grin
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
KW...thats gonna be a tough on to top...
Veddy cool... cool

Ingwe

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by ingwe

[Linked Image]
Ingwe

ingwe-

Appears the blond-phase bear has caught the Tom264. laugh laugh
I seen this...thx Scott. grin

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
OK, seeing if I can remember how to do photos... if this works, should be a shot of my last bear from last spring. My personal best to date. Spot & stalk hunt, no bait, no calls. Squared 7 ft. Skull unknown, taxidermist says he's keeping it a surprise until I get the hide & skull (within a week or so now) but he assures me the bear will make the book. All I know is the bear (island bear) was HUGE, bodywise... dwarfed all previous mainland black bears shot by me.

[Linked Image]

KW-which island and which outfitter if you don't mind me asking. Seems to me I've seen the pic b4, didn't you use some sort of a lever gun?

Thx
Dober

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This is a Nice B/B I got up in Alaska

[Linked Image]

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I figured I could put the 14 year old out front, let him take the heat, while I beat a retreat!

Sounds like fun, I'll have to look into it more. Is there a book or video on how-to do it?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

North of Bozeman, America....shot with a .280 Remington, 150gr partition. This solitary sow was 14 years old.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Alright you bastoids. Now I am going to have to come to Montana in May. Anyone have a recommendation for a place for an out of stater to start look.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Not my bear but check out the mellon on this bad boy!!!

DK, Just about every mountain range in the state has good black bear hunting....every bear pic I've posted were public land bears, forest service mostly and a few on state land.

My advice is lose the crowd...the farther off the roads and trails you get the better luck you will have. It's a hard hunt with a lot of walks back to the truck in the dark. But its a great time of year to be out in the mountains getting the winter rust off.

Northwestern Montana probably has the highest concentration of bears per square mile...

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage

[Linked Image]

KW-which island and which outfitter if you don't mind me asking. Seems to me I've seen the pic b4, didn't you use some sort of a lever gun?

Thx
Dober

Dober - I'm sure I've posted the pic in here before. Did not use a lever gun. Used the then-new Ruger 338 RCM and 225-grain SST load. Clean, one-shot kill, double-lung, through and through at 180 yards. Hunt was on northern Vancouver Island with Dave Fife, owner of North Island Guide Outfitters. I can't recommend him enough. Even though the hunt was entirely spot-and-stalk, and I wore off a fair amount of boot leather, I'm pretty sure I actually GAINED weight on the hunt, if that tells you anything... Five days. A real blast. Based out of a small converted home in a small, remote logging town. My hunt came down to the last hour of the last day, but that was due to high selectivity on my part. PM me if you need more info, or check out www.huntingvancouverisland.com.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
KW...thats gonna be a tough on to top...
Veddy cool... cool

Ingwe

Yeah, but any excuse to keep hunting... is a good excuse. wink

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You guys are like bear gods!!

Do you guys take most of your bears during spring hunts or do you take as many during your fall hunts?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I've done both, but I most prefer Spring spot-and-stalk hunts. Depending on location, fur is more prime in Spring. Others prefer Fall because the bears may be fatter -- again, that's a generalization depending on location, local conditions, etc.

ALL bear hunts are a kick in the pants, though!

Of course, YMMV, and I disclaim any responsibility if you get eaten...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ive always done better in the fall....

YMMV

Ingwe

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Ive always done better in the fall....

YMMV

Ingwe

Someone said that's 'cause you only get lucky once a year. wink

Page 12 of 32 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 25aught6, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 48 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,924
Posts18,518,884
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.