-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If the cat has claws and can twist around the bird is the one in deep kimche. Dogs is a different story.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Chihuahuas - As a kid, had an aunt who used to raise about two litters a year of those things.

They would sit on the heated floor vents in the wintertime, shaking and shivering. If you forgot and got within a foot or so, they would run out and bite you on the shin.

In the hot summertime, they still sit on the floor vents even at 90 degrees, shaking & shivering.

Only difference, they would run out about 5 or six feet and bite you on the shin.

Only dog breed I'm biased against,....... guess that is why.

Last edited by remseven; 03/10/10.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
As long as you appreciate the birds who win smile

Like someone else said....get a bigger dog.

My family has three...I have one...Black Lab...no worries here.

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
best javalina dog i ever saw was a chihuahua. belong to a buddy that lived on the kingranch, when we were growing up in kingsville. his dad was a vaquero on the ranch and that little dog went everywhere with him

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey, birds gotta eat too.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
glad you qualified that

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
see....I knew you were diplomatic

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I get along just fine with my sisters 2 chiuahuas. Of course since she lives in Louisianna and only see them about every 2 years they don't get to the point that they bug me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just a realist.

Old cat turd!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We had an owl family set up in the woods. They got one of the neighbor cats, from looking at the sign, the owl got the cat airborne, the cat got dropped from height, and then the owls had supper.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A friend lost one of his Chihuahuas to a hawk a few years ago - he let the dog out while he was working on the car, wasn't paying attention for a minute, and poof, no dog. Since then his other two never go outside.

I can't see getting one, but his other two Chihuahuas are actually okay dogs. He had a Superbowl party, and one of them jumped on the couch, climbed up my lap and vigorously licked my face, even though I'd never met him before. I don't mind them, if they are friendly.

A friend's neighbor in Southern California had a Scottie pup in the back yard. She went outside, looked up, and a gen-u-eine California Condor was sitting on a pole, eyeing the dog grin She said it looked like a man in a cape it was so damn big.

My cats stay inside. One would die of fright if she went out, and Bandit is so curious and friendly, he'd get killed, eaten, or kidnapped. No fear of people, dogs, or anything. Two different cat haters have admitted they like him.

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 03/10/10. Reason: grammar!

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
[Linked Image]

I was worried my wife's new pooch would end up as owl food when he was a pup. I made sure I stayed close when we let him out at night.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by remseven
Chihuahuas - As a kid, had an aunt who used to raise about two litters a year of those things.

They would sit on the heated floor vents in the wintertime, shaking and shivering. If you forgot and got within a foot or so, they would run out and bite you on the shin.

In the hot summertime, they still sit on the floor vents even at 90 degrees, shaking & shivering.

Only difference, they would run out about 5 or six feet and bite you on the shin.

Only dog breed I'm biased against,....... guess that is why.

Thanks for that. I hadn't laughed really hard all day, until I read that.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
+1 for the Owls!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
jumped on the couch, climbed up my lap and vigorously licked my face,

If anything ever does that to me it better be my wife or look like Elle Macpherson!

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Seafire

I commented to my son, that poor dumb broad doesn't have a clue it was probably coyote crap by this point..

so Seafire Jr asks me.. 'so dad, do you think if I put some coyote poop in a zip lock bag, and took it to her front door and said here is her dog back, and gave my apologies... do you think she would still give me the $100.00 reward?'

Don't ya love kids?

You done raised that boy right. Give yerself a pat on the back.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

My brother and his wife Miniature long hair Chihuahua� as if a regular Chihuahua was not small enough.

Wish some hungry hawk or pigeon would help him reclaim his manhood

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

My stepmother asked if we were concerned if our cocker (as a puppy) would be safe enough outside while we were at work, concerned that the hawks would get it.

My daughter said that if the thing was too stupid to walk into the yard without looking around first then we didn't want it....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I sighted a pair of Great Horned Owls for the first time in our neighbourhood this winter. Nice suburban area. Mind you, we also get deer, rabbits, skunks, raccoons, etc.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I was at a gas station near Mile 150 on the Alaska Highway about 20 years ago. We were filling up all our tanks, on the way to a hunt.

Suddenly we heard a terrible wailing shriek coming from a woman out in a field near the gas station.

We all dropped what we were doing, and ran towards her as fast as we could run.

Sobbing hysterically she pointed to the sky.

There, struggling to gain altitude, was a huge Golden Eagle flying off - while packing her sweater-wearing Chihuahua beneath it.

It seems she had taken it out of their big RV, walked to a nearby field - and let it off the lead for a run, when the eagle swept down on it.

Her husband, who was filling up the RV, muttered under his breath to my buddy - "God I hate that dog - I hope the eagle doesn't drop it!" - all the while, standing alongside his RV, looking relatively unconcerned, and continuing to fuel his vehicle up.

When we heard the story later, from our buddy, about what the guy had said - we almost broke our ribs laughing.

Cruel men we are.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

278 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 29aholic, 30 invisible), 2,004 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,755
Posts18,476,348
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.