How about the VXII 3-9x40?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by atkinson
I've seen most brands of scopes go bad in the field at one time or another, Leupolds are as good or better than any I have used so they are my choice..I have used Leupold more than any other, and I have no complaints. Of course I have sent some back for repair, but they were returned within 2 weeks, fixed or even replaced, no questions asked..I can't say that about any other scope, I had to pay on the rest most of the time.

European scopes are over engineered, over priced, too heavy, and too bulky, and they go heywire as much as any quality scope.

Like everything else on these boards, mostly opinnions.

I've been saying that for 2 days now !! I dont know ANY scope thats made that has not had to be sent in at one time or another - I am more than sure that each Scope Company -if they are honest will tell you they have had returns..All this thread is is a Ford vs Chevy thread.Leopold is the best..some people buy scope becuz of the names on the side of them so they can say-look I own a
&%^*^&*&^%^&$#&$ scope - but in reality - all they paid for was the name ..I buy scopes to go hunting with - not display - so I buy Leupold.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by UncleSoapy
Sure is alot of talk about Leupold lately .Some lovers of, some haters of, seems like Leupold has been getting a bad rap. My question is this: Who here has actually missed a shot or couldn't get a good early morning/late evening sight picture on a game animal because they were using a Leupold scope? Sometimes I wonder if we get on the hatin' bandwagon and really have no reason to. If there are any, let's here your Leupold disaster stories.

A Dall Sheep in Alaska. I did not have eneough resolution. I finally colected one, but not a s nice. I know this because my friend killed the one that I couldn't see well enough to shoot.

This was around 86 or 87 with a 3X9 Leupy. Not to mention what I may or may not have missed because of thier poor low light performance. Sleep late and in earlier with Leupy they provide more rest for the hunter

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
will this ever end ..LOLL

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

Attached Images
deadhorse.gif (55.8 KB, 57 downloads)

IC B2

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All mine seem to work pretty good for me.

Terry

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
nope, because we have no shortage of experts who have no qualifications as optics experts other than "wat de seen or hoid".

Heaven forbid anyone admit THEY blew the shot (as I did several years ago with a Steiner 3-9 on a 300 H&H at 100 yards) shot right over that Mule's back and he left quickly. OOPs no it was that crap scope's fault must have lost zero or the coatings failed or the lenses fell apart or, or, or. Funny thing is after the miss, I lined up on a pine knot at 120 yards (lasered) and hit 2.5" high right where it was set to hit. OOPS space aliens fixed the scope between shots ....right?

Thread is a POS, nobody is learning a thing here, just running their mouths.

we really need an ignore feature added for stupid threads.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rodngun
Leopold is the best..some people buy scope becuz of the names on the side of them so they can say-look I own a
&%^*^&*&^%^&$#&$ scope - but in reality - all they paid for was the name ..I buy scopes to go hunting with - not display - so I buy Leupold.
[/quote]

How about when they pay less and still get the name on the side of the scope?

Leupold makes a good product but you repeating, time and again, that they are the best doesn't make them so any more than someone repeating, time and again, that Leupolds blow makes them so.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

One never knows what it is that they are not seeing until they see it....

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Only way I ever blew a potential shot with a Leupold was to stay home and not go hunting. Almost 30 years and not one problem. I'll stick with them I reckon.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
REPEAT!

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Whip
Only way I ever blew a potential shot with a Leupold was to stay home and not go hunting. Almost 30 years and not one problem. I'll stick with them I reckon.

Amen Bro - 43 years here and no problems..

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The transition from bino to scope can be very problematic.

Guess this is what happens when you unwrap that first Spit and Bendher.....

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
LOLLL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by oldman1942

hread is a POS, nobody is learning a thing here, just running their mouths.

This thread had merit until you started self-fulfilling your own vitriol.

Fortunately there IS an ignore feature for individual posters................................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I havent been on this board very long -but damn - why all the hostility on here ?? Just asking - just saying.

No wonder the media and Obama Factors have such a easy time dividing us..we cant even agree to disagree on a outdoor forum..
Is this place so critical that we take shots at each other just for spite..seems to me a few on here could take some anger management of some type..Good grief - its just a outdoor forum,

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Don't kid yourself, there are plenty on here that voted funny.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Don't kid yourself, there are plenty on here that voted funny.

That ain't no lie.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Why do you post then if this thread is so beneath you sir?

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by goodnews

Why do you post then if this thread is so beneath you sir?

I never said or implied that it was beneath me ..did I ?? If I did I somehow missed it.I'm just new on here and cant seems to figure out how we go from a conversation - to name calling and high school stuff..if you didnt understand my post - sorry.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (270cowboy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 308ld, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 50 invisible), 1,689 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,126
Posts18,523,060
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.