-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
A
I'll be the first to admit that the problem was on my end of this transaction. right after agreeing to do this trade, but before confirming it, I had a family death that I needed to be out of town for several days for. that put me behind in work and I was forced to go back out of town, for work, last week to get caught up. that is why I have been hard to contact. I did speak with remfak, he told me he hadn't received the stock, and most of what he stated was true, only I was not confused when I told him it was shipped usps priority mail. while I didn't have web contact with him, we did speak about this--its not like I fell off the world. all this is not an excuse, just an explanation. this whole ordeal has been going on for less than 2 weeks, from the very first pm. I re-read all the posts several times and I get the impression that it was going on much longer. I found out yesterday, monday, morning that I had screwed up the addresses on 2 packages, both going to colorado, when I got to work they were waiting for me. if people here would have checked, they would have seen that I was not online and havn't been able to check messages. anyway, as soon as I discovered what I did wrong, I re-packaged and re-sent the packages priority mail and then notified remfak as to what had happened via pm and phone call. according to what he posted here, he was a work and couldn't answer. he obviously thinks he is the only one here who works and can't answer his phone. while I am sorry for the lack of communication in this matter, I do have to laugh about one of the posts stating the "barrage of pm's" I received on this. the truth is I received only 1 pm from each of the two people, in the last week. anyway, the last thing I want to get into here is a pissing match with anyone. I have not had a chance to get to my post office or even talk with them yet as to pick up the stock from remfak, as it was only delivered there 4 days ago. honestly, I had no idea of what was going on here until I just read this post. I will stop by my post office and confirm what was said here. if that is the case and remfak's stock was returned to him, he better just refuse/return my stock when it shows up or I'll be the one pressing charges. to everyone that chimed in on this, all I'm going to say to you is that it is real easy commenting in a one sided conversation. if anyone doubs anything I have stated here, I will gladly address their questions in pm form as I believe this whole post is inappropriate. apex

Last edited by apexpredator; 03/23/10.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yada, yada, yada.............

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've seen plenty of good deals on this place but I just won't do business with a dude with 10 posts or that I don't 'know'.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by remfak

He said he was sending his out, so I sent mine out. It's been almost 10 days, and still no stock from him. Mine got there via USPS in two days.

10 days!? You destroy the guy's reputation after only 10 days!? He may be a really crafty criminal and gave you his phone number just to throw you off but you should give him a little more time than that to get the oil changed in his get away car.

I had a package once that got delivered to the house next door to where I was sending it which was a vacant house. It took 3 weeks to figure out what happened to it but the guy never went public and said I was a thief! I recently bought some Contender parts from a guy on another forum and I forgot to put his apartment number on the envelope the MO was sent in so it came back about a week and a half later and the guy never went public and said I was a deadbeat. I sent it to him and included the little sticker that the PO put on it say "Incomplete Address". I sent a member of this forum a money order a week ago for some parts and haven't heard anything from him, should I call him out?

I don't know Apexpredator from Adam so he may be an international jewel thief for all I know but good Gawd....10 days?

Last edited by Crimson Mister; 03/23/10.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've seen plenty of good deals on this place but I just won't do business with a dude with 10 posts or that I don't 'know'.
Exactly. Just a few post counts is a sign of trouble IMO.

Last edited by slg888; 03/23/10.
IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
And apexpredator dares to threaten the man he jammed with his irresponsible behavior. What a miserable hillbilly.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I once had a deal with a seller. before my money arrived his father died, so he was away for a week and could not contact me. when he returned his FFL had died. . I diden't hear from him for a total of 3 weeks. but he got it straighten out and every thing was fine.I figured a month to see if it was going down. sometimes you have to be patient..

remfak Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
One question, a fair number of posts, a handful of of PM's, and an obvious majority agreeing that I should have been concerned.

I am an honest, upfront guy....always have been, always will be. I've taught my daughter's two key points since they were old enough to understand. First, people that lie, cheat, and steal are losers, period! And second, nobody can take your integrity away from you if you don't give it away. At 12 and 15 years of age, they totally get it! Far too many people far older then them don't!

So, as for apexpredator, I didn't want to call him out per se and didn't do so in my original post. But the more I thought about it and didn't here back from him, the more pisssed I got. If nothing had been exchanged and/or there was open/honest communication, things would have been ok. HOWEVER, my stock was already out, the guy was mostly unreachable, and when I did reach him it was a different story, a different excuse, and a lot of unreturned phone calls and emails: Ok, so he's out of town. How about returning calls when he gets back? Not! Emails returned? Not! PM's returned? Not! He finally answers the phone and fumbles around with BS explanations. He said he had both received my stock and sent the other out. Both not true! He said he would call me back with a tracking number. Not! More messages from me, more unreturned calls.

Crimson Mister, if you want to deal with a guy like this, knock yourself out. Good luck with that and be sure to let us know how it goes.

I've done deals with pleny of people here and I ALWAYS error on the side of over-communicating. Stuff in, stuff out, money on the way, did you receive your money/stuff, etc.

As for apex and his threat, well, whatever dude. You and I know exactly what was said, exactly what was done, and exactly what was not done. You can pound sand!

K
KLM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
If we do not do deals with those who only have a few posts how will they ever have a chance. I usually explain to low post people that I am concerned that they have no history and then work out a process we both can live with. "Your count is 10, you will need to send me your goods first, when your package arrives I will send you mine". If I am buying outright, I ask for additional information and verify it, or take a chance.

For myself, I will not let a low count stop me from communicating and trying to work a deal, others did it for me and I will return the trust.

Having said all that, I would have been very concerned with this deal and can not fault Remfak for his actions.

Last edited by KLM; 03/23/10.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That is what I was thinking Scott.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by slg888
Exactly. Just a few post counts is a sign of trouble IMO.

Were you folks dishonest when you only had 10 posts?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
remfak,

You are not the bad guy in this deal and you did the right thing. Just think if you would not have come out with the issues you were having with apex. This could have gone on for weeks...

Communication is the key to all good deals. If you enter into a deal (contract) and you are having issues (shipping related, death in family, etc), you need to let the other party of the deal know immediately. And if your story sounds like BS, you should provide proof (copy of shipping receipt of wrong address, etc). Apex clearly failed to communicate properly and deserved to be called out. I certainly would have called him out and I am not sure I would have been so kind.

Last edited by emmerth; 03/23/10.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
How in world can the number of posts on the forum have anything to do with the integrity of the person doing business. I have a low post count as Bart 7175 because before I was Bart426 when I lived in Montana and I was using my work email address and had the password and username automatically set in the system. When I moved to Arizona and no longer had that system the forum asked me for my PW and Username I couldn't remember the password and I no longer had access to the email address to have it sent to me so I changed my name. That shouldn't make me a bad guy. I have bought and sold things probably 15 to 20 times over the past 2 years and my total count including my original username is probably less than a couple hundred.

Bart

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Whelenman, Aaron Rogers is a Bret Favre that can run.

HM

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by remfak

Crimson Mister, if you want to deal with a guy like this, knock yourself out. Good luck with that and be sure to let us know how it goes.

Maybe I will, maybe I won't. I guess that'll depend on what he is selling. I guess if I have his name, address, and phone number I wouldn't be too worried about it. One thing I won't do is call someone a thief unless I'm damn sure that the deal isn't going to be completed. I'm not dishonest so I don't assume everyone else is and I don't look for evil behind every rock. Damn miserable way to live if you ask me.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Crimson Mister

I don't know Apexpredator from Adam so he may be an international jewel thief for all I know but good Gawd....10 days?

I'd rather do business with Apexpredator than Remfak. Just my opinion...

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Someone ask Calvin and Sitka Deer how long it takes to get a Kimber .22 from AK to NC?

wink

Can't recall anyone being fretted about the other parties in that deal, though.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
HMMMM......I did a transaction here on the board on 1-5-2010....I only have a handfull of posts here. I did the transaction with wageslave( great guy to deal with! Thumbs up).........anyway the he paid me on 1/5......on 1/6 i brought the item to my ffl. I thought it would have been shipped the next day due to me bringing the item down later in the day. I found out weeks later that it was not shipped out but still sitting there. Wageslave even called the ffl and he said there was no record of it. I ran down and found out my ffl was in the hospital and that his son was there handling the business. Found my item and brought it to another ffl and had to pay twice the amount of the first ffl. On 1/22/2010 the item finally arrived to wageslave. That is 17 days after the original money transaction. I don't post a lot nor will I after this. I have spoken to a few awesome people on this board. I do feel sometimes things happen. Being from PA I guess I'm one of those "hillbilly's" that were mentioned.

tony

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've done easily over 15k worth of transactions here on the classifieds. I even bought my dog on the classifieds.

I've never worried about any of it. Post count doesn't mean anything to me. Sometime stuff comes quickly, and I've had it take long enough for me to forget it was coming. Can't think of a better system for me to get good prices on good gear.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Calvin
I've done easily over 15k worth of transactions here on the classifieds. I even bought my dog on the classifieds.

I've never worried about any of it. Post count doesn't mean anything to me. Sometime stuff comes quickly, and I've had it take long enough for me to forget it was coming. Can't think of a better system for me to get good prices on good gear.

Yep.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (29aholic, 12344mag, 1badf350, 222Sako, 10ring1, 270cowboy, 43 invisible), 1,770 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,009
Posts18,520,615
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.