Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Remember, 52% of the people voted for this crap.

Now they are holding up the refund checks.
If they suddenly have to hold up the welfare checks,
then we might have some action.
Doc

Send lawyers, guns and money.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Well...they apparently know what is at stake....we apparently don't mind handing over 50% of our money to .gov....matter of fact most seem to enjoy it...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Pray for our creditors to cut us off, forcing the government to either accelerate its monetization, and our monetary and fiscal collapse, or letting the electorate place more sane hands at the controls, hopefully prior to the collapse. I personally think that it is too late in the game to save the system.

It looks as if it may happen rather quickly judging by the debt levels we're racking up. I just looked at the Fed's Z1 (flow of funds) report and it's ugly. For every $1 the government spends, it has a NEGATIVE $.45 impact on the economy. We, as a nation, have reached debt saturation, and adding a further $1+ Trillion to that debt is going to make it that much worse when the piper must, inevitably, be paid.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
And what options are left??? Romney???LOL

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I am wondering just how much the american people will put up with, I see the audience here is pretty riled up like I am. at what point is there riots, what happens if obama passes amnesty before the november elections. you know all the democrats would vote for it because they need the new voters just like obama does, my question is would that be enough to explode the powder keg and lead to god knows what?? dare I say civil war.

the bad thing is IMO the constitution is only designed to cope with a certain amount of evil, if the majority of the leaders are evil then no system of government will work. that is why democracy hasn't worked well in countries like iraq or Afghanistan.

the us constitution assumes that there are more good leaders than evil ones. at what point do people say enough.

I'm reminded of a statement I heard a few years ago: SOAP BOX -> BALLOT BOX -> JURY BOX -> AMMO BOX. USE IN THAT ORDER. grin

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by isaac
IMHO Teal is not even close to right. Since early 08 through now, participation at the polls has increased in vast numbers. The Tea party has been formed or at least intensified and their numbers increase every day.

I can understand some of those later in life offering up the thought but those in their 30s and 40s manifest a disheartening apathy with chatter such as this. Not to mention a glaring ignoring of the facts.

You wanna lay low and blame a Sunday fotball game for not voting on a Tuesday, that's solely on you and no one else.

Ingwe....this is a general observation and certainly not directed to you personally.

I didn't use the excuse Bob but I have freaking eyes and ears. I hear what's going on around me.

Girl at work today "I didn't read the bill and haven't been following it but this is really awesome. Finally we won't have to pay for health care and I can get a breast job for free"

She has a 100,000 dollar PRIVATE education.

We, people like you and me, are in a minority we don't understand. SCOTUS may or may not even take this issue up and I am less and less inclined to think they will - give how they've ruled on the 10th amendment before.

I don't wish for any of this to happen but it is happening - mostly because too many people have been allowed to vote who refuse to think.

+100

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MColeman
So long as the guvmint can keep the entitlement crowd satisfied by sending them a check nothings going to happen. It's when the checks aren't there or won't be cashed that things will break loose.

I guess I could be considered one of the "entitlement crowd"?
My only income is a government retirement check after working for the DOD for 34 years. I am not qualified for social security.
My spouse receives a disabilty check from the government after over 30 years of working as a RN.
The way things are going I wonder how long we will be paid. I've thought of moving to Mexico, becoming a citizen and sneeking back to the US just to be sure that the checks will keep coming.

Seriously though, the government entitlements are often the first to be messed with by these corrupt bastids. Witness civil service retirement plans being changed years ago in an attempt to bailout medicaid. My wife and I earned our government checks and paid into these programs for over 30 years. Ah crap, I'm getting too po'd to keep thinking about this!
I can see me getting shot or going to jail in the not too distant future. mad

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 17 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.