-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 65 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 64 65
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Politics are fine and dandy, but giving up resources at penalty of law for distribution often ends in bad things, especially when bestowed on ivory tower dwellers and those with "European" ideas....

...and this we agree on.

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Politics are fine and dandy, but giving up resources at penalty of law for distribution often ends in bad things, especially when bestowed on ivory tower dwellers and those with "European" ideas....

...and this we agree on.

and un-American whistle grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My Dad was directly commissioned into the USN just before the "Outbreak",...as a Lt. Commander.

Fought a big AKA in both theaters, and lost ONE man,.....a Christian scientest who would not consent to apendectomy.

That BIG ammo ship going up into dust at Okinawa ?,......Dad's ship was right there, in close,....and there was a tanker and a coupla' other "Transports" nailed by Kamikazes. His crew painted more rings on their Bofors and 5"-38 barrels.

I was raised by a LEADER,....and I know what leaders look like,...and behave like.

Years later buried at sea / full honors ranked Captain, Ret.

He was a Democrat.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkI

...and this we agree on.

and un-American whistle grin

This too we agree on, that philosophy is not in the spirit America IMHO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That being said, an American can be loyal to his country, fight for his country, and still have a differing opinion and philosophy.

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
W
Yesterday's Democrat is not the same as today's liberal, forest for the trees, again.

There was a time when you could vote democrat and know you did right, that day is gone, and it ended with my father's generation......

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Democrats of today are not the same democrats of yesterday.

the ones of today put the needs of their party far above the needs of their country.

Folks who served this country, during WW2 and Korea, and even Vietnam, are seldom the same Democrats of the past decades. They support this country, OVER party lines Current Democrat leadership doesn't. The serve an ideology, and are left over hippies who think it is important that their generation that MUST change the world, so their otherwise useless generation has some sort of legacy. Most of these same people do not live the same life style that they expect all the rest of us to live.

The think they are some sort of elitist aristocracy. How many of these Democrats who passed this ObamaCare actually are going to use it? NO they still will have access to the best of health care.. they won't be on any 'availability lists' like they expect the rest of us to be.

So it was used "were guys like John Kerry, who 'served' their country in Vietnam, and are Democrats today, are they
Americans"?

Well I just missed having to serve in Vietnam. So I'll pass on the opinion of a step dad who served 4.5 tours in Vietnam, serving in Special Ops within the Air Force, flying unarmed C 130s in sensitive missions, often behind lines in places supposedly where USD involvement didn't exist. On top of that, he has been a lifelong democrat, and still considers himself to be one. He is a retired 0-6, with 26 years of service.

His take on John Kerry, is that he is a pompous liar. He goes ballistic when John Kerry talks about having 3 purple hearts in 90 days. He talks about a lot of guys who earned purple hearts, bronze stars and silver stars, people who earned them when he was also present and witnessed their heroism. He has seen Medal of Honors won. He intimately knew Oliver North in Vietnam and worked with regularly.

His take on John Kerry "winning" 3 purple hearts in 90 days would make him more dynamic than Rambo. He also indicated what Kerry's job in Vietnam was, was considered bottom of the barrel, much akin to being assigned KP..

and then the way Kerry came home and grandstanded against the same military personnel, and pissed on them...

Well, it pisses my step dad off to think, he served in the same action and worn a uniform at the same time Kerry did, and that the country had to tolerance to not give a man like Kerry his just deserve.

so is a combat vet like Kerry considered an American? yeah, but a very very bad example of one.

and I know too many other combat vets of Vietnam that feel the same way.

And these are vets who don't love combat, they served their country at its time of need, and didn't piss on it like a cry baby afterwards...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All this may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that many WWII vets alive today STILL vote democrat, hence my original point, to do so does not make one un-American..

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
That being said, an American can be loyal to his country, fight for his country, and still have a differing opinion and philosophy.

I've met very few of them(if any), personally, who have a differing view and philosophy from mine, a philosophy I owe to them.

Most do not vote their neighbor's wallet, least not with intention, if with intention its borne of 1941 in mind and assuming there exists a common belief and unification.

Most would have the same reaction as wildswalker as to what is going on right at present, and judging from polls, there are a lot of "terrorists" and traitors out there.....

Matter of fact I have heard it from their mouths....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've met very few of them(if any), personally, who have a differing view and philosophy from mine, a philosophy I owe to them.

Most do not vote their neighbor's wallet, least not with intention, if with intention its borne of 1941 in mind and assuming there exists a common belief and unification.

Most would have the same reaction as wildswalker as to what is going on right at present, and judging from polls, there are a lot of "terrorists" and traitors out there.....

Matter of fact I have heard it from their mouths....

Well I do live in CA, a lot of WWII vets came from CA, and then returned to CA after the war. Like I said, we see it as wrong policy, some here see it as stealing, others see it as generosity. I'm not making their argument, I don't agree with it, I only disagree in labeling all democrats as un-American.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
How many own property or pay taxes?

Anyone who votes their neighbor's wallet, I don't consider an American (note this is my opinion, soley).

You may or might not agree, but the font of all our real issues is with Ben's Franklin's summation of the republic (and I know you know what that is).

No mention of Democrats, don't think these vets fit my opinion.
Even your best hen's gonna [bleep] in your chicken coop....

Last edited by HawkI; 03/24/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many own property or pay taxes?

Anyone who votes their neighbor's wallet, I don't consider an American (note this is my opinion, soley).

You may or might not agree, but the font of all our real issues is with Ben's Franklin's summation of the republic (and I know you know what that is).

No mention of Democrats, don't think these vets fit my opinion.
Even your best hen's gonna [bleep] in your chicken coop....

Well that's fine, the main subject of the thread are those who voted Obama, I just figured democrat, but I guess we do have some independents included.

I get what you are saying, I think we just disagree on their motives and mindset. Hell I don't get pizzed at the Mormons who knock on my door, although a pain in the ass, I know they mean well.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The blindness here as to what it means to live in a free society is appalling.

Freedom and liberty have much more to fear from many on this thread than from some hippie somewhere. Jesus Christ. You guys make a mockery of the concept.

Out.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
The blindness here as to what it means to live in a free society is appalling.

Freedom and liberty have much more to fear from many on this thread than from some hippie somewhere. Jesus Christ. You guys make a mockery of the concept.

Out.

Well sorry we don't fit your idea of a good citizen and you don't fit the idea of some of our concepts of a good citizen... but we are no less right in our perception than you are...

Compromising our country can be just peachy keene for yourself, but there is a big line between 'free speech' and selling this country down the river.

some prefer to sit idly by, and some chose to do something about it. and those of us that do have the balls to do something about it, need neither your permission or your approval.

for the record, I don't include you as what I see as an enemy of this country, I can respect your opinion, but there is a big difference also in opinions and actions.

you can choose to sit idly by, and even criticize the actions of those who do something about it..

you will decide in your own time, whether you choose to be a sheep while this country is taken over by radicals and new world order... or you can choose to get off a self righteous fanny and do something to prevent it..

but while you can dodge the blame of those in control, don't stand up and take credit when something is done about to defend the basis of the foundations of this nation...

read just the preamble of the constitution and compare that to what the current Democratic leadership is doing, and see if you think that is being violated or not...

but the free society you speak of living in, well one morning you will wake up and be shocked to realize it no long exists... it disappeared while folks like yourself were busy defending governmental politicians that were legislating it out of existence

Last edited by Seafire; 03/25/10.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Seafire,

You said you would shoot down nonviolent US Citizens over politics and lifestyle, gleefully, if only given the chance.

That's [bleep] up.

You don't believe in freedom, not any freedom worth the name.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JasonB
Somewhat funny listening to a bunch of guys that supported the 2003 drug bill complaining now.

Your plural doesn't include me, schitbird.....

So which 3rd party did you support in the 2004 presidential election?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Seafire,

You said you would shoot down nonviolent US Citizens over politics and lifestyle, gleefully, if only given the chance.

That's [bleep] up.

You don't believe in freedom, not any freedom worth the name.

Just finished reading this over breakfast. Jeff you ain't right in the head. I didn't see anywhere where anybody talked of shooting down innocents. Seriously dude, you sound as hysterical as some chick. You might want to check into getting some testosterone shots to boost your levels. You don't want tetas grandes.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
All this may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that many WWII vets alive today STILL vote democrat, hence my original point, to do so does not make one un-American..

No. It makes them blinded.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wildswalker

I kind of wrote a piece using your piece and building it a bit different, added some stuff. I don't want to plagiarize without permission, so I wonder if you mind if I post it.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a great thread.

I wish someday I have the apathy and pure stupidity to decide to sit complacently between elections and let politicians do whatever they want simply because that's the way the vote turned out.

And to justify everything that happens because the previous party was [bleep] up also.

Here's to you, Jeff0.

I'd like to think you'd have the ability to stand up and defend yourself against an immediate threat, but suspect that if the robber walked slowly enough, you'd get used to him being in your pocket after a while. Eventually the other predators will walk slowly towards your family also. And you'll never have a problem with it.....

think I'll just call you flacid from now on.

Page 20 of 65 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 64 65

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 8MMX57JS, Akhutr, 8 invisible), 871 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,109
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.