Hop To
Page 29 of 65 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 64 65
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Oh, you want me to answer.

I've answered. It's not my belief that our entire house (meaning, our country) is rotten and needs to be torn down.

And I most certainly do not believe that if it WERE time to do that, that we'd come out the other side better off than we are now if it was a bunch of right wing zealouts doing the tearing down.

Don't wait this long to fix your own chit you will be sleeping outside if you do. wink

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by 340boy
That is just JO's scapegoat for everything he despises.

I'm willing to BET,....after thinkin' and readin' on this thread that his big diahrea mouth has got him and his local "Hippies" crossways with a local bunch of hardnoses,.....and that he's not sleeping well,.....since.

Hey, JO,.......rather than exhausting yourself completely here, ( and foolishly painting more painting rings on yer' gourd).....go deal with them !

We're not "Your enemy",....just a rather bemused audience.

GTC

What in the hell are you babbling about? I'm in trouble with local hardnoses?

You are just.. unbalanced, dude. Wow.

No, I'm not,....I checked in with my "Local Right Wing Whacko" website and linked to your area,.....

there's several skin head and "Aryan" groups watching you and your hippy neighbors,.....and your hide out posted in air photos.

No Chit,.....

GTC

Liar.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Oh, you want me to answer.

I've answered. It's not my belief that our entire house (meaning, our country) is rotten and needs to be torn down.

And I most certainly do not believe that if it WERE time to do that, that we'd come out the other side better off than we are now if it was a bunch of right wing zealouts doing the tearing down.

Don't wait this long to fix your own chit you will be sleeping outside if you do. wink

smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't you know, Dave-the liberals are the ones that love freedom, you know, like the freedom to suck the brains out of unborn babies, the freedom to force everyone to buy government mandated health insurance, the freedom to have homosexuality forced upon our children at public schools, the freedom to force more and more repressive laws down our throats, the freedom to more taxes, whether the electorate wants it or not.
This is 'freedom', Dave-just ask JO.
smirk

On a similar note:

Republicans (ie., conservatives) were in power for 6 years, abortion still legal.

Republicans (ie., conservatives) were in power for 6 years, 2003 drug bill forcing everyone to pay for someone else's drugs, not to mention all of the support on threads here from self-professed conservatives. for mandatory vehicle insurance.

There is a thread here where conservatives here were worried that home schooled kids (whose parents are often opposed to having homosexuality and other things rammed down their kids throats) were so worried that kids that were homeschooled wouldn't be socialized properly.

Republicans (ie., conservatives) were in power for 6 years, we have the 2003 drug bill, 2005 ban on imported rifle parts, and so on.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by northern_dave

This is very simple. Obama suporters have screwed us all. Their inability to see the threat has screwed us all.

And no it is not time for a big hug, it is not time for those that knew better to say "It's ok, you [bleep] up, I forgive you."

No, it's not that time.

Here, I'll say it. "Obama voters, you [bleep] us all, you did this to us. I hope you take this guilt to your grave."

That's exactly how I feel.

This wasn't any ordinary presidential election, this last one offered a serious threat to this nation. And some of you couldn't see it.

Great post Dave. My feelings exactly.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How is what the Dems are doing now any different than what we had when the GOP had the reigns?

Was Bush's $700 Billion Federal Health Care expansion that much different than what we're getting now? Are we increasing spending at the same clip as under Bush? Are politicians still stealing from us blind like they were before?

I'll gladly look at numbers if someone wants to post them but from what I've seen, it just more of the same.

The whole thing just seems pretty disingenuous if you ask me. The idea that a good part of America, who just happen to be Republicans, finally had an epiphany that more govt and more spending is 'finally' bad smells of partisanship but hey, you never know.

This is very simple. Obama suporters have screwed us all. Their inability to see the threat has screwed us all.

And no it is not time for a big hug, it is not time for those that knew better to say "It's ok, you [bleep] up, I forgive you."

No, it's not that time.

Here, I'll say it. "Obama voters, you [bleep] us all, you did this to us. I hope you take this guilt to your grave."

This wasn't any ordinary presidential election, this last one offered a serious threat to this nation. And some of you couldn't see it.

Actually, the majority couldn't see it. Which is very sad.

"the military is too big, blah, blah, blah.."

[bleep] that! mad

The [bleep] government is too big! And now it's getting bigger!

The government should be very small, it should offer us military service, secure borders and a basic constitutional structure to follow, that is phugging all! The rest we can handle/should handle by ourselves.

And if you can't make it, well then ya can't make it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rrroae

Just seems some are under the assumption that we should take out our anger on our fellow voters when in actuality, the voter really has little to do with what direction our country is heading.

No, it's not that time.

[bleep] that! mad

The government should be very small, it should offer us military service, secure borders and a basic constitutional structure to follow, that is phugging all! The rest we can handle/should handle by ourselves.

Looked like during the 2006 time period (as with the time period before and after) that the government wasn't protecting the border and the military was being used for purposes (foreign entanglements) that the founders indicated would destroy the country.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JasonB
Don't you know, Dave-the liberals are the ones that love freedom, you know, like the freedom to suck the brains out of unborn babies, the freedom to force everyone to buy government mandated health insurance, the freedom to have homosexuality forced upon our children at public schools, the freedom to force more and more repressive laws down our throats, the freedom to more taxes, whether the electorate wants it or not.
smirk

On a similar note:

Republicans (ie., conservatives) were in power for 6 years, abortion still legal.

Republicans (ie., conservatives) were in power for 6 years, 2003 drug bill forcing everyone to pay for someone else's drugs, not to mention all of the support on threads here from self-professed conservatives. for mandatory vehicle insurance.

There is a thread here where conservatives here were worried that home schooled kids (whose parents are often opposed to having homosexuality and other things rammed down their kids throats) were so worried that kids that were homeschooled wouldn't be socialized properly.

Republicans (ie., conservatives) were in power for 6 years, we have the 2003 drug bill, 2005 ban on imported rifle parts, and so on.

Jason,
Yeah, there is plenty of big government interference in our lives, from R as well as D, I will agree.
However, that doesn't make what is happening under Obama's watch OK, in my opinion.
I for one don't buy into the 'well so in so did this so such and such can do that' routine-it is time to put a stop to such things.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The whole thing just seems pretty disingenuous if you ask me. The idea that a good part of America, who just happen to be Republicans, finally had an epiphany that more govt and more spending is 'finally' bad smells of partisanship but hey, you never know.

They had the same epiphany back in the 1990's. I think it did take a bit longer for them to get to this point back then as many are already starting to sound like libertarians (as opposed to hitting that mark around 1995-1996) so I figure if Obama gets elected again by about mid-2013 most of them will make Barak sound like the world's biggest statist. Of course, the instant they are successful (as happened in 2000) gun control will be fine, health care schemes will be fine, and so on once again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Pro choice for babies

Pro life for cereal killers

What a concept.

Exactly!
And the libs would have you believe they are for 'love and peace.'
What a crock of chit.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How is what the Dems are doing now any different than what we had when the GOP had the reigns?

Was Bush's $700 Billion Federal Health Care expansion that much different than what we're getting now? Are we increasing spending at the same clip as under Bush? Are politicians still stealing from us blind like they were before?

I'll gladly look at numbers if someone wants to post them but from what I've seen, it just more of the same.

No, it's not that time.

[bleep] that! mad

So that makes it ok then?? Tit for tat? It's time to put a stop to it but when are we suppose to do it?? When the GOP takes office, then you can get all riled up and cry foul?? It needs to stop and it needs to stop now, before it's too late. Big govt is going destroy this country.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Jason,
Yeah, there is plenty of big government interference in our lives, from R as well as D, I will agree.
However, that doesn't make what is happening under Obama's watch OK, in my opinion.
I for one don't buy into the 'well so in so did this so such and such can do that' routine-it is time to put a stop to such things.

Agreed but some are placing the blame squarely on the shoulders of those who voted for Obama while conveniently neglecting what happened to our country while under the control of the man they elected, Bush.

It's pure partisan horseschitt.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I agree with you on the money except Bush's wrong deal doesn't have an individual being required to purchase health care. Neither side has or will protect the border until something horrific occurs like a major terrorist attack where the terrorist came in across the southern border.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JasonB
smirk

On a similar note:

Jason,

I never said either version of interference was ok. However you will find a large number of conservative republicans who will bitch about any given thing democrats do while supporting republicans engaged in the same activity. Did you hear many republicans pissed off over the 2003 drug bill like how they are now? Do you know many republicans that are pissed off over the Bush 89 semi-auto ban or the 2005 parts kit ban like they were over the 2004 Clinton semi-auto ban between the dates of Oct. 1994 & January 2001?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
So that makes it ok then?? Tit for tat? It's time to put a stop to it but when are we suppose to do it?? When the GOP takes office, then you can get all riled up and cry foul?? It needs to stop and it needs to stop now, before it's too late. Big govt is going destroy this country.

Trying to point out(and doing a piss poor job) that the anger needs to be directed at our govt., not the voters, unless both sides are willing to share the blame for what transpired under their respective administrations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Jason,

Agreed but some are placing the blame squarely on the shoulders of those who voted for Obama while conveniently neglecting what happened to our country while under the control of the man they elected, Bush.

I agree with you, rrroae.
Looking back on things, our country has been going downhill for years-I for one would like to see EVERY politician in DC booted out of office and term limits put into place for every congress critter.

James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MagMarc

I agree with you on the money except Bush's wrong deal doesn't have an individual being required to purchase health care. Neither side has or will protect the border until something horrific occurs like a major terrorist attack where the terrorist came in across the southern border.

So how are you getting around being required to pay for someone else's health care with Bush's bad deal?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Casey says it pretty well. The R's favor economic rights but go after personal rights. The D's favor personal rights and go after economic rights.

In my opinion, and there's HUGE common ground with virtually everyone here I suspect, the government is way too big, and way too involved in legislating our lives.

But that's BOTH parties.

I refuse to bow down to the idea that R's are all about freedom. They are not. In general, the conservative side hammers the 1st and 4th; Bush certainly did.

I'm all for Dave's small government (minus the huge military), but we don't get that with R's any more than D's! We just get a different flavor of big government- one that acts in unconstitutional ways when it comes to personal and religious freedoms, for example... one that wants to militarize everything including outer space. And if you argue against it, you are unpatriotic because hey, it's the military. A sacred cow as it were.

Back to the point here. I'm not going to sit here and let guys rant about how much better things would be if only we took up guns and basically tore down the house. If the thread has moved beyond that, then that represents success. Thhppptt! smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MagMarc

I agree with you on the money except Bush's wrong deal doesn't have an individual being required to purchase health care.

In the end, does it really matter?

When the dust settles, you and me are both going to be on the hook for someone who can't pay.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N

Jason,

I agree with you, rrroae.
Looking back on things, our country has been going downhill for years-I for one would like to see EVERY politician in DC booted out of office and term limits put into place for every congress critter.

+1

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Page 29 of 65 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 64 65

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

339 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 1,838 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,024
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.