Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 65 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 64 65
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
There's still quite a bit of freedom but much of it has been dependent upon being "under the radar" for quite awhile. We've ignored laws designed to take our freedoms away and voted for the same folks over and over again because we literally had no choice. I've screamed for years over the "law and order league" of mainstream Republicanism and said for years that it doesn't matter whether you sympathize with the Hood Rats, that a lot of those laws will be used against us. For example, you take a simple traffic law such as "thou shalt maintain thy lane". If you are out in the country and you happen to gaze over at an Antelope in a pasture and get over on the white line beside the shoulder, no harm, no foul. But you put ten thousand more cops on the street and suddenly you dammed sure better maintain all the time or you're going to contribute to the Highway Patrolman's Ball. Same thing with red lights. You get to one in the middle of nowhere, look both ways and nobody's coming. It's midnight, you proceed carefully...and now you get a ticket because there's a danged camera there. But hey, Joplin can get a new library.

I hate Joplin.
What an ass backwards and oppressive son of a bitch that place is. Like a lot of other towns across the USA, oppression just hangs in the air and you can feel it 50 miles away.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by djpaintless
They really think that over the next few years health care costs are going to come down, and that this bill is going to reduce the deficit (I know you do have to be REAL stupid and gullible to beleive that!). I'm trying to plant the seeds of mentioning that my health insurance costs are going to rise, I'm going to show them the dang bills to prove it. I'm going to keep reminding them of the deficit and point out how fast it's increasing. I'm going to keep pointing out how the unemployment rate keeps rising. Hopefully eventually they will begin to see the light.

You have to replace bad ideas with betters ones.

Violence is a bad idea, Facts and proof are good ones......................DJ

What are these better ideas you mention and who is going to make them law?

And before you think it's exclusive to the libs to lie about spending costs, remember Bush started firing people when they said the cost of the ME conflict would be over $60-70 Billion.

They're all damm liars and thieves. That you don't have to 'teach' anyone.

I agree but I truly think the Dems are much worse when it comes to lying and cheating. It's fast approaching the point with me though that you've got a Dem that scores like 10% and a Republican that scores 20. Well woofrickinhoo, the Rep scored twice as good as the Dim. Both are still way below a passing grade though. Hard to vote for either when you look at it like that.

To the point.

What is your recourse when one is only 10% better than the other?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can't argue with any of that but who would you trust to push that bill thru?

I know after I watched that $700 Billion GOP prescription plan in 2003 that I didn't trust any of the SOBs. Especially when Bush blocked people from getting cheaper prescriptions from Canada under some BS that it wasn't safe(for the same drug from the same companies).

In my opinion, any health care bill that gets passed will be written by the lobbyist of the insurers, drug companies and hospitals like we just witnessed and just like what happened in 2003.

Trust none of them!!

[
What are these better ideas you mention and who is going to make them law?

On the health care issue I think if you'll talk to actual doctors you would have gotten some better idea's. Instead of hidden committee meetings behind closed doors they could have picked a few practising physicians and had them testify. They might have found a few ideas from the real medical experts instead of lawyers.

A bill that allowed for interstate portability of insurance, No loss of care due to illness and a couple other obvious fixes could have passed through congress with 70 votes in the senate and 70% in the house and would have done really helped people. Instead they kept porking it up until it became a monstrocity. It was too bitter a pill to swallow so they made it a Suppository and rammed it through.

As far as better ideas my current strategy (until I think of a better one) is to show people the real effects of thier bad ideas and hope they will start to listen to better ones. We'll see.........................................DJ

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Jeff,

I'm going to go out and continue this conversation tomorrow with a fence post...

as it is quite evident that it has more perception than you possess...

Plain pure and simple.. I have not a damn thing to apologize for..

you were given the courtesy of an explanation, and you just want to reject it and ridicule it, because its doesn't fit your needs.

and as a realistic person, you think I am going to shoot your personal friends, based on their having the lack of a haircut, needing a batch and abuse drugs and their 1st amendment rights..

ya know, if I would have said that I was going to take an AR and go out and waste every right wing religious right nut job I could find, I bet dollars to donuts you wouldn't have opened your mouth in protest...

Naw, you can stay in your self righteous dillusional bubble....

you aren't going to put words in my mouth...try as you may...

but after reading all your posts, I can see your rationale for being paranoid...

and you never denied my question about you ever using illegal pharmaceuticals, so using your rationale I can assume you are guilty by association...

but think about the facts.. it is folks who you are busy pissing on here, who are probably the types that would be standing up defending your ass, and your types, if push does come to shove in this country.....

Please make sure we all know exactly where you live, so we don't have to bother wasting our time.. we are all sure you can take care of yourself...( LOFLMAO)...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HawkI

To the point.

What is your recourse when one is only 10% better than the other?

That right there IS the whole point!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well you asked..

How many will admit Bush was a mistake for equally outrageous conduct?

You didn't ask about a specific two individuals until I pointed out that many here at the Fire voted for Bush, and now bash him. I can't answer for those who haven't.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
To some of the rest of the forum members...

I am sure it doesn't have to be explained to most of you...( just Jeff)... but just because we are against Obama and the current democratic party leadership... don't assume we gave 100 % approval of some the expensive bills pushed thru by the Bush Administration either..

just gets me that the left can say about any vile thing that they could think of against Bush and ANY Republicans...

but now the shoe is on the other foot, look how they are screaming "foul" for ANY minute criticism of the radical left..

and Jeffery is a typical example...

they were pounding the exact same message on Fox This evening..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
good work guys..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Debate on Financial reform legislation is upcoming. It will be interesting to see which party works to implement meaningful oversight over the FR and financial industry.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Yes it is.

But Jeff won't even entertain with what may happen when voting means nothing...which as of late, has been happening with frequency.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why don't we sieze THIS moment, and discuss LIONIZING tree spikers,.....

V.

....shooting Hippies ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
If Dems did or tried to do the same things Bush did when he was in office, we'd have a revolution in a week.

I'm sure Obama will come up with his own twisted version of, "Screw the American", but it won't warm me up to the GOP. The game is up and I suspect many other are catching on.

:eek Still wearing those rose colored glasses? shocked

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lol

My glasses are anything but rose colored.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
If Dems did or tried to do the same things Bush did when he was in office, we'd have a revolution in a week.

I'm sure Obama will come up with his own twisted version of, "Screw the American", but it won't warm me up to the GOP. The game is up and I suspect many other are catching on.

:eek Still wearing those rose colored glasses? shocked

That or pointing out yours.
Depends on point of view... and observation skills, of course.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seafire, You make some good points. Our economy was slowed by what at the time was the largest budget deficit in history 487billion or so during Bush last term in office. There are arguements about being in a war (whether you agreed with it or not) and how the house and senate were controlled by dems, but in the end Bush signed on to the largest deficit in History (at the time). I think he was pretty soundly criticised by both sides at the time.

So what did people do? They elected a guy who in his first year had a budget deficit 3 times as Large! They poured gasoline on the fire!

McCain though he was a war hero and I think a decent person was not a "good" choice for president. So instead of a bad choice they chose a WORSE one - a Marxist Muslim!

In politics it sucks that sometimes you have to make bad choices to prevent worse ones but that's the way it is. "Vote for McCain because he Sucks Less" is a bad political campaign slogan but we would all be better off if it would have worked. We probably would have had a half trillion in new debt vs the 2 Trillion we have under Obama, we wouldn't have just pissed off the Israeli's, our President wouldn't have bowed before every Muslim foreign leader, we wouldn't have a pack of avowed communists in the cabinet, and my Health care premiums wouldn't be getting ready to double or triple............................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Hey,.....Hero ,

Let's get back to how cool it is to SPIKE TREES !

Been joking about a contract on your sorry azz (up to now),.....

run your mouth some more about that sick tree spiking bit.

.....I detected more than a note of familiarity with that particular CRIME,

and we ARE discussing shooting hippies.

GTC

Cheetos,
you really are an idjit whistle

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Besides, health costs were gonna bankrupt us anyway; something needed done, and the R's weren't gonna do it.

Something needed done? Like bankrupt us harder, faster and deeper without the courtesy of lube or a reach around?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Well you asked..

How many will admit Bush was a mistake for equally outrageous conduct?

You didn't ask about a specific two individuals until I pointed out that many here at the Fire voted for Bush, and now bash him. I can't answer for those who haven't.

Bush was a stinking moderate waste. But better than the arses he beat. When are we going to have someone to vote for instead of against?

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 03/25/10.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just climb outta' the sack with JO there, stud....?

Spike a tree on a legitimate lease ther,....Ed Abbey fan,...and get a book review,.....

in the OBITS of yer' local rag.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
we wouldn't have just pissed off the Israeli's

What the [bleep] is all this about worrying about pissing off Israel? We give them $3B plus a year and who knows what else so they [bleep] on us, and then use some of that money to fund their socialized medical programs, where is the outrage?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_Israel

Last edited by rkamp; 03/25/10.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Page 36 of 65 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 64 65

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

412 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 1,871 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,089
Posts18,521,999
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.