-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 59 of 65 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 64 65
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This place will be worse off if you do decide to gtfoh.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Humbled here, Bud,

thank you,

GTC

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7xedmvJTzk

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, Obama lost his super majority in the senate, now he is pushed to act outside reasonable conduct. Today he appointed 15 of his select people to key administrative positions. He made the statement:

"The United States Senate has the responsibility to approve or disapprove of my nominees," Obama said in a statement. "But, if in the interest of scoring political points, Republicans in the Senate refuse to exercise that responsibility, I must act in the interest of the American people and exercise my authority to fill these positions... I simply cannot allow partisan politics to stand in the way of the basic functioning of government."

Now how that squares with the dimocrites blocking court appointments by Bush is another discussion. That fact is, he will not be hindered in his power. He will not be opposed in any way. He will become more aggressive as more and more of his power slips from his grasp.

Now when, and if, conservatives take control of congress this fall and he looses all his power, especially if the super majority should somehow reverse, we will see what he does. A pathological narcissist loosing power is a very dangerous thing. I believe he feels no constitutional restraint what so ever. He works somewhat within it because it works to his advantage.

Could Obama, stripped of power, attempt somehow to take total power from the top. I pray not, but I can't say absolutely no. My trust in this tyrants motivations are zero, because I believe a totalitarian tyrant is what he, as a pathological narcissist, really wants to be. I think an indication of that is found in his support and glorification of tyrants and kings, and his disdain for democracy's such as walking out on the Prime Minister of Israel when he didn't bend to Obamas will.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article7076431.ece

Time will tell. In this day of rapid action the need to take up arms could come suddenly. We need to be ready. But we also must be careful not to act too soon or recklessly. It is a delicate balance of force and timing. We also must realize that we likely would loose, regardless of all our bravado. The fact is that the saying "Live free or die" could become more than words in our time, it could become real and now.

While he might not go completely overboard this November after loosing congress, I think should it become apparent that he will loose in 2012 he might become a real threat, especially between Super Tuesday when he looses and January 2013 when he has to step out of office. How that would play out, I don't know. But a pathological narcissist being stripped of power and demonized, even when deserved, could trigger a psychopathic episode of some sort. " Mommy abandoned me after she said she loved me, now the American people are doing the same. They will pay!"

I really pray to God that I am wrong.

Last edited by crosshair; 03/28/10.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
You want to talk about abortion, I will- but not on this thread. We are volatile enough here as it is.

Start a thread, I'll participate.

Jeff,

I've seen the more than occasional post by you claiming to want to dialogue on X issue. I've tried to engage you several times and am always met with short, no substance responses. I posed a response and question to you on the Part 2 thread. To my knowledge, I've never attacked you - I vehemently disagree with you on your stances on most everything but don't believe I've ever gotten in the gutter to "prove" anything.

I frankly find your opinions contradictary. You rail on and bitch about Bush Jr. I've seen your stance that he enlarged the deficit (your presidential choice is in line to make Bush look like a conservative), took us to Iraq (everyone on the planet at the time thought he had WMD - including most of your side that now denounce the choice), "his" recession (has it been long enough for BO to claim anything for the current mess?). I think the issue is fairly straight forward and simple - you lack a principle centered life. People can't make consistent decisions if they lack some form of principled thought process. It's hard to form a cohesive, consistent, principled opinion or decision when you don't have a principle centered thought process.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bwinters
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
You want to talk about abortion, I will- but not on this thread. We are volatile enough here as it is.

Start a thread, I'll participate.

Jeff,

I've seen the more than occasional post by you claiming to want to dialogue on X issue. I've tried to engage you several times and am always met with short, no substance responses. I posed a response and question to you on the Part 2 thread. To my knowledge, I've never attacked you - I vehemently disagree with you on your stances on most everything but don't believe I've ever gotten in the gutter to "prove" anything.

I frankly find your opinions contradictary. You rail on and bitch about Bush Jr. I've seen your stance that he enlarged the deficit (your presidential choice is in line to make Bush look like a conservative), took us to Iraq (everyone on the planet at the time thought he had WMD - including most of your side that now denounce the choice), "his" recession (has it been long enough for BO to claim anything for the current mess?). I think the issue is fairly straight forward and simple - you lack a principle centered life. People can't make consistent decisions if they lack some form of principled thought process. It's hard to form a cohesive, consistent, principled opinion or decision when you don't have a principle centered thought process.

Excellent post.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac84
You would be the type to [bleep] over Matt's family and the families of his employees just to spite him.

The funny thing is, Matt's gun sales would probably increase... grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have not been a member here long, but know if you connect the posts, you can get a good pulse of a members lively hood and local.

T1's business and products look top shelf, don't agree with his rhetoric, but realize he is venting.
Family off limits, and most definitely no implied threats to use knowledge gained on the forum to destroy a man's lively hood. However, such knowledge may be used to destroy his self esteem, undermine his character, and belittle.

Last edited by rkamp; 03/28/10.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Family off limits, and most definitely no implied threats to use knowledge gained on the forum to destroy a man's lively hood.

Hit that on the head. One who crosses that line deserves what ever vengance comes his way.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I always get a chuckle out of all the bravado around here, then the sheer panic at a provocative question...but it always has made me curious. OK John, start counting...

I WANNA SHOOT BARAK OBAMA!

If I'm not online Sunday, you'll know where I am..

I don't know WTF you're medicating yousrself with,....you stupid Prick.

None of the calming effects of GOOD booze,......obviously,....seein' as how you continuallly ACCUSE and finger point at those of who DO drink,...and do that well.

YOU have GOT to quit painting a target on this website, w9ith this loose mouthed and irresponsible posting.....

I implore you,.....QUIT doing this.

You're totally off the wall,....and way outta' line,....blinky fish.

GTC

Since when does imploring anyone around here do damned thing, Foster?

Well I made it through day one, no black SUVs, damned if that don't take some of the high drama away from the thread.

Believe me Foster, if any Fed in a black SUV reads this thread in its entirety, it won't be me they take an interest in, and those they do? Well, that's all part of being a WOLVERINE!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Last edited by DigitalDan; 03/28/10. Reason: Nothing here, move along

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's been some personal ATTACKS mounted by a coupla' three PLICKS that mebbe just need dealt with in an old school way.

I implore you to stop making threats.

This thread has gone from high drama to mass hysteria. We have people running around with their hair on fire spouting views on welfare, abortion, all the country's social woes mixed into one fine mixture of "we didn't get our way at the ballot box, so let us scream liked raped Comanches..."

People, vote the rat bastard out, until then he will continue to inflame the masses and create his own demise. IMHO if you all ever have your way, elect your dream legislation, do away with all safety nets and government programs? I guarantee the left will see this as a rouge government that seeks to assault on THEIR country and an assault what people have voted for, for the last 70 years. If this were to ever happen, do you think talk of civil war would be looked at in the same light, or would it be looked at as traitorous?

Disclaimer: This post does not offer avocation of raping Comanches, it is a sarcastic term used by many in the 70's.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Humbled here, Bud,

thank you,

GTC

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7xedmvJTzk

And that's what it's all about round these parts, earning that slap on the back by the rest of the 98% who are melting down over the 2%ers.

Say, I kinda of like that, the motorcycle world has their 1%ers, I think those who disagree with the masses around here ought to sew a patch on to their leather jackets, "Campfire 2%er".

" I have 98% of the users in agreement with my views, but that 2% is just ruining this site, I think I might just have to move on". Who will miss me?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well,

It's devolved into a pissing match pretty much. The opinions stated on welfare and it's problems had merit in my view.

It sounds like you are the one who comes unglued when someone posts something you don't agree with.

Just sayin, wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I want to circle back to what rrrrrrr brought up, welfare and abortion. He asked what happens without welfare?
Consequences.
The welfare state has a LOT to do with low marriage rates and multiple invisible daddies across all demographics, although it is a longer and more pervasive trend in black communities.
If the little honey does the lovey and trips the baby trigger, and the stud doesn't man up, now she just goes to the welfare.
But if honey had a hard working dad and mom, just imagine how unhappy they'll be with their honey if now she's got a baby. Dad is going to be after Stud with a baseball bat...or shotgun.
Or, even better, Dad and Mom prevail upon Honey to keep her knees together when Stud shows up.
Only when there's a ring, an education and a job does Stud get to dip his wick for real. That used to be a social norm, and it was a pretty effective way to go about things.
The idea that the state is responsible either for supporting the spawn of an irresponsible individual act, or in the alternative, subsidizing the elimination of the result, is incorrect.
When the family is the primary social support structure, then there are incentives to keep it together. Provide an "alternative" in the form of state social welfare -- tell me, what HASN'T been utterly screwed up by government?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Naw, not unglued at all, just tired of a certain individual's crap. I am perfectly capable of debate without insult, but with some around here it is the only way.

Wait until you disagree with a certain few, you will gain a higher understanding. Just sayin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I mean John, come on, you don't think I am versed around here, maybe used to, folks in disagreement with me? smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I want to circle back to what rrrrrrr brought up, welfare and abortion. He asked what happens without welfare?
Consequences.
The welfare state has a LOT to do with low marriage rates and multiple invisible daddies across all demographics, although it is a longer and more pervasive trend in black communities.
If the little honey does the lovey and trips the baby trigger, and the stud doesn't man up, now she just goes to the welfare.
But if honey had a hard working dad and mom, just imagine how unhappy they'll be with their honey if now she's got a baby. Dad is going to be after Stud with a baseball bat...or shotgun.
Or, even better, Dad and Mom prevail upon Honey to keep her knees together when Stud shows up.
Only when there's a ring, an education and a job does Stud get to dip his wick for real. That used to be a social norm, and it was a pretty effective way to go about things.
The idea that the state is responsible either for supporting the spawn of an irresponsible individual act, or in the alternative, subsidizing the elimination of the result, is incorrect.
When the family is the primary social support structure, then there are incentives to keep it together. Provide an "alternative" in the form of state social welfare -- tell me, what HASN'T been utterly screwed up by government?

A lot of truth in that, but I think it goes deeper than welfare, deeper to the moral decay of this country far beyond welfare. I mean, if you advocate the abolishment of welfare as a method of curtailing divorce and other social woes, you are sentencing those who are with the dregs of society to say with these dregs. I know the next argument would be, a person lives with their choices. Truth to that, but I think that most don't make those types of choices with a clear view of things to come...who would?

Those who are hitched up with drug addicts violence, violence towards their kids, must now stay with these problems for lack of alternative? I think the problems lie deeper than welfare, but in some cases I believe your opinion does hold water, could be you are right, but I think the country's problems to be wider than welfare and abortion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I mean John, come on, you don't think I am versed around here, maybe used to, folks in disagreement with me? smile

I like you Barkoff, I agree with you on alot of stuff. I guess this whole thread has just been upsetting to alot of folks.

I get aggravated too. wink

JM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

I like you Barkoff, I agree with you on alot of stuff. I guess this whole thread has just been upsetting to alot of folks.

I get aggravated too. wink

JM

Well I wouldn't worry to much about it, it's not hard to understand why I would end up hurling insults with a guy I am in agreement with 90% of the time. Kind of odd that the other 10% of the time turns so ugly, no?

I would only ask you to take notice of one thing, I hurl insult at maybe two members on this forum, for only one reason.. It is not my nature, not my way, the same cannot be said for the targets of intended rudeness.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I would only ask you to take notice of one thing, I hurl insult at maybe two members on this forum, for only one reason.. It is not my nature, not my way, the same cannot be said for the targets of intended rudeness.

I'm just a plain prick to everyone. That way there's no surprises.

Page 59 of 65 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 64 65

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

331 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 1beaver_shooter, 50 invisible), 1,827 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,036
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.