-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I also appreciate your reports GTC, without it those of us up north wouldn't know anything about what is going on down near our border. Eventually this is all going to come to a head and I hope it is sooner than later.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hell,

We had a meeting today in Monroe. About 30 or so folks from all over the state. I brought it up and not 1 had heard of it.

It's just not getting any play. I really can't believe it either.

JM.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
What Good is the National Guard if they are not armed that is a joke and more proof that the government does not care.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
A month from now we will be right back to where we were last week. Paralysis by analysis will be in full swing. It really is too bad we used to be a world leader and now we can't tie our shoes with spending a billion dollars on reports of the impact on our feet.

I have this to say to you, little ray of Sunshine and "Lifelong McCain supporter"........

Keep your defeatist attitude away from the wall,....please.

Listening to your kinda' horsechit gets OLD.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I also appreciate your reports GTC, without it those of us up north wouldn't know anything about what is going on down near our border. Eventually this is all going to come to a head and I hope it is sooner than later.

Amazing opportunity to do something that I perceive of as having REAL value availed itself AkMtnHntr.

I've been taking advantage of that, "While the Airplane's flying"

Something I'd like to toss out , at this time is that the reason this has gotten this bad to the South is QUASHING the free exchange of news about current events.

This internet is a GODSEND,.....an d I want to run the CHIT outta' it,....while it's up.

Cheers, and THANKS,

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I would guess that most of the viewers of this site deplore the current situation on the border, and are outraged at the murder of your neighbor, but the sad fact is that most of the nation is unaware of the situation, or worse, doesn't care.

This story was a headline on the Fox News web site for less than a day. There is currently no mention of it on the main page now, though there are a couple of new border violence stories.

I doubt that the alphabet news agencies even made mention of it, and would guess that less than 50% of viewers of the Fox site bothered to read it, being distracted by all the other "news" headlines concerning slutty starlets, tattooed bimbo's, and the latest scientific research on orgasms, etc.

As much of a tragedy as this was for your community, the death of one person (who was not a celebrity) does not garner much national news coverage.

Until there is a major incident, like a Breslan type hostage taking at an elementary school on American soil (and I would not discount something like that being conducted by the cartels), media coverage will be scant and there will be no large scale public outcry for increased border security.

ego operor non tutela
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You're pretty much bang on there, Bud,

'Cept,.....

"media coverage will be scant and there will be no large scale public outcry for increased border security."

You're wrong there,....this is going to be BIG.

Defeatism still SUCKS.

GTC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GTC,

Not trying to be defeatest, just frustrated. I am an AZ native and have seen this develop over my lifetime. I hunt down by the border and it gets depressing seeing more BP vehicles than animals. I will try to be more constructive..........Anyway we shall see how this all plays out.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Nobody who rode to the Alamo was a "Native".

....and the only reason it was lost was intransigent and defeatist "We're just not strong enough" blather.

I gave up hunting animals when I came down here outta' Alberta, 15 years ago,....what I found than, hunting -wise ( here, on the Border) was a joke,....to one as spoiled as I was.

I was spoiled about good clean water, .....too.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
GTC,

Not trying to be defeatest, just frustrated. I am an AZ native and have seen this develop over my lifetime. I hunt down by the border and it gets depressing seeing more BP vehicles than animals. I will try to be more constructive..........Anyway we shall see how this all plays out.

You're sure welcome to come down and camp / hang out, .....

and I can relate to the frustration equation,.......

GTC

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.themonitor.com/articles/reynosa-36932-access-side.html
At least 15 killed in Tamaulipas street battles amid blockades
Comments 33 | Recommend 14
Three civilians injured in crossfire
March 30, 2010 10:57 AM
Jared Taylor
The Monitor
REYNOSA � At least 15 people died during armed clashes with the Mexican military Tuesday in northern Tamaulipas, state officials reported.

The fatalities came as several blockades sprang up across Reynosa streets, clogging traffic and leading city officials to advise people to avoid the streets for several hours Tuesday morning.

Officials did not say whether they suspect the blockades Tuesday were drug cartel-related. Similar obstructions were reported earlier this month in Monterrey, where suspected drug cartel members have occasionally blocked primary highways that lead to the city in an effort to stop security patrols.

Slain Tuesday were seven armed civilians involved in a clash with Mexican military soldiers near the Pemex installation along the highway to Monterrey, state authorities said. Three other people involved in a gun battle between civilians and the Mexican military in Rio Bravo, according to Tamaulipas state authorities.

In Ciudad D�az Ordaz, three civililans were injured, reportedly caught in the crossfire of a street shootout, officials said. Another five people were reportedly slain in Valadeces in armed civilian confrontations. D�az Ordaz is a small community across the Rio Grande from Sullivan City.

Another person was killed during an armed confrontation with troops near the Reynosa airport, state authorities said early Tuesday afternoon; however, they later reported that one civilian had been merely injured in connection with that incident. There was no explanation for the discrepancy between the two reports.

The blockades across Reynosa choked northbound access to the Pharr-Reynosa International Bridge, which temporarily closed to northbound non-commercial traffic during the widespread disruption across the city, officials said.

Mexican authorities said there were unconfirmed reports of several other street battles across the city, including near Boulevard Morelos, Rio Purificacion, Mexico Highway 2 near the Pharr-Reynosa International Bridge, and Mexico Highway 40, which leads to Monterrey.

Authorities would not confirm other possible casualties among civilians or military personnel.

Photos submitted by a resident in Reynosa showed buses and trucks that were used to block traffic along Boulevard Morelos. Other blockades were reportedly set up along Mexico Highway 40 and Mexico Highway 2, which leads to Matamoros.

Witnesses said gunmen forced drivers to stop and block traffic with their vehicles, Proceso magazine reported on its Web site.

There were other unconfirmed reports of blockades set up Tuesday afternoon in Matamoros.

Reynosa city officials said many routes across the city had been cleared early Tuesday afternoon and that traffic had begun to move normally again.

Pharr Bridge Director Jesse Medina said Mexican officials closed off northbound non-commercial traffic at the bridge about 11 a.m. Tuesday and then allowed all traffic to pass by early afternoon. Blockages still prevented much traffic from entering the bridge.

�No cars are crossing, not because the bridge is closed, I think, but because people are aware that things are going on over there,� Medina said. �We�re hoping that it will clear up, whatever it is.�

A bulletin Reynosa city officials issued about 11 a.m. Tuesday said various points throughout the city, including parts of Boulevard Morelos � a major thoroughfare on the city's east side � were blocked to traffic and that people should avoid driving if possible.

Officials described the blockades as a �situation of risk� and urged people to exercise �extreme caution.�

�I don�t know whether it�s a shootout, a shooting or shots fired or what,� Medina said. �All I know is an incident occurred.�

Medina said Mexican bridge officials told him an incident occurred near the interchange of the bridge access road and Mexican Highway 2 � the east-west thoroughfare that cuts across Reynosa.

McAllen Bridge Director George Ramon said traffic at the Hidalgo and Anzalduas international bridges was not disrupted.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks, Scotty,....keep em' comin'

GTC

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Defeatism still SUCKS.

I'll agree with that, but sometimes you have to distinguish between defeatism and realism.

There are powers at play here way beyond cheap labor or liberal politics. The border is being kept open for commerce in narcotics. That is the primary driving factor.

Mexico now produces most of the Meth used in the U.S. Twenty years ago, it was all produced locally, and controlled by various American criminal organizations.

They have cut a deal with the Mexican cartels, and are getting a big cut of the profits. They are also very influential politically and are major campaign contributors with enough stroke to keep key politicians from interfering with the flow of commerce.

I doubt that the murder in Cochise county was a pre-meditated retaliation hit. A much more likely scenario is that a mule panicked and did something stupid. It is also likely that he will pay a price for it when he gets back to his bosses in Mexico. Their partners on this side of the border don't appreciate this kind of publicity.

ego operor non tutela
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The purpose of this thread is to keep people INFORMED as to what's coming up on local airwaves,.....for me, anyhoo.
NOT,.....to go into "Angels Dancing on the Head of a pin" mode with you, Senor.

If you'd like to go start a thread on the "Metaphysical, Spiritual, and Political Ramifications of getting killed by FOREIGNERS on one's own Ground"

.....do so,.....

I might even show up and comment,..

for the time being,...thanks for getting me up to speed on what
you agree with, ...or doubt.

For FREEDOM,

GTC

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mexicans coming here for work, Mexicans carrying backpacks of drugs (likely to pay their passage in many cases), Mexican crime cartels meeting an American demand.... all bad enough, but predictable.

This is the part that really worries me....

They have cut a deal with the Mexican cartels, and are getting a big cut of the profits. They are also very influential politically and are major campaign contributors with enough stroke to keep key politicians from interfering with the flow of commerce.

Just how many Americans is that 30 billion dollars a year in drug profits buying off?

Birdwatcher

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Just how many Americans is that 30 billion dollars a year in drug profits buying off?"

They're not Americans,.....

They're slimeball pimps,....lookin' for a one way trip through a chum grinder.

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks to you, Mudhen and all for these threads. I am sure we have all learned a thing or two. I sincerely hope you are correct it that this will bring a much needed change to things down your way. In fact, hopefully nation wide changes.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Sometimes one "Spark" is all it takes,

I was out last night under a Sonora-Chihuahua full Moon,.....cogitating,......and saw an AMAZING "Shooting Star"

......Mighta' been Krentz,...headin' out for the "Master's Call"

Don Edwards wrote an awfully good song by that name,

Can't find it in this Devil's Box,...here's one of his other good uns'....

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPLXOf_fMtg

Time of mournin' kinda' song, we'll do our FIGHTIN' better if we just settle down and mourn a bit.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Guess the original will have to do,.....

"Masters Call",.....Marty Robbins

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzetIKJLzlI&feature=fvw

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/31/10.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Jeez,...it just keeps rolling,....

Home / News / Blogs /
Pueblo Politics: Response to rancher's death sparks McCain, Hayworth brawl

* Story
* Comments

Rhonda Bodfield | Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:14 pm | Comments

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

U.S. Sen. John McCain is blasting his challenger J.D. Hayworth, saying he�s mischaracterized his record to score political points in the wake of the murder of a Douglas rancher over the weekend.

Former Congressman Hayworth is blasting back, meanwhile, saying McCain�s record on immigration is out of step with what Arizona wants.

Speaking on a Phoenix broadcast station about the case of Robert Krentz, who was believed to have been shot and killed by an illegal immigrant, Hayworth said he has long advocated for a military presence on the border while McCain worked on an �amnesty bill� with former U.S. Sen. Ted Kennedy.

�I�m heartened to hear that as of yesterday, Senator McCain has decided that gee, there could be a military presence on the border. The tragedy is, it�s too late for the Krentz family and the problems continue unabated,� Hayworth said in the interview.

�The fact is we need a clear, consistent conservative in the U.S. Senate who is not a johnny-come-lately to border security, but who has advocated for it and will get the job done. It is time to end this madness.�

McCain�s campaign spokesman Brian Rogers sent out a release calling Hayworth�s comments �despicable and offensive.�

Aside from the fact Hayworth has the facts wrong since McCain has sought troops on the border for more than a year, Rogers said, �More troubling is that he�s trying to lay the blame for this murder on Sen. McCain. It�s beyond the pale.�

Press releases from last March quote McCain saying he supports sending National Guard troops.

Also, in opening comments at a field hearing in Phoenix last April to focus attention on border crime, McCain reiterated the call for the Guard to go to the border to counteract violence associated with illegal drug traffic.

Rogers noted that Hayworth knew better, given that Hayworth�s own talk radio show played footage of McCain telling news outlets in Phoenix that more resources were needed to secure the border.

Rogers said the comments �demonstrate a candidate so consumed by political ambition that he'll say anything to anyone � no matter how shameful or inaccurate.�

Asked to respond to Rogers� characterization, Hayworth, who was en route to a town hall in Douglas in the wake of the murder, stood by his comments, saying McCain didn�t highlight the need for a military presence �with any action� or �prominence� until Krentz� death.

He said the McCain campaign can quibble with the dates, �but there is one fact that is beyond debate, and that is that Sen. McCain heretofore has been an unabashed advocate for amnesty. He may want to call it comprehensive immigration reform, but Arizonans aren�t fooled.�

Link: http://www.azstarnet.com/news/blogs...509b2aa-3d1c-11df-9309-001cc4c03286.html

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (1OntarioJim, achadwick, AceBall, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 14 invisible), 1,027 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,927
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.