Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
IF coulter coffee is so great why do they have so many flavors?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I really like Peet's coffee. In general, I've found the secret to good coffee is just a small pinch of salt. Sounds strange, but it makes all the difference.

$2 for a regular cup of coffee seems a little stiff. I can see it for a latte or something like that. I would split the difference and sell and "upper scale" coffee for a dollar. Might not even want to do 12 oz. That's a big cup of coffee. A normal cup is about 6 oz.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I like strong coffee, and I drink it black. I hate bitter coffee. I like a dark Columbian. Water quality is a true thing, ScottF, and once it is brewed, don't leave it on the warmer too long.

And forget that moo-latte-double-crap-flavour-stinkin'-frapachino-garbage ------ It AIN'T coffee!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Tom264
You dont like dark roasted???

I love French Roast....about near as dark as you can get it.

I see at least one of us has good taste in coffee. grin cool
A big cup of Starbucks Frnch Roast first thing in the morning gets me jump started. wink
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If it's not Folgers Classic Roast I don't drink it,period.I take some every where I go.

Last edited by crittergetter; 04/04/10.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I like coffee that has aroma. What I mean is, you've got to smell it first. Then the flavor has got to be richer than the aroma. How I achieve this is to use Folger's Reg Grind. Four- five heapers in the bottom of the bodum and add boiling water, compress and serve. Seems to me that the cheaper the coffee, and then more of it, the better the aroma/flavor. Of course, you can go overboard. And as usual, ymmv.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't matter much on the brand, keep it fresh and people will drink
it.
Charlie

If Ignorance is bliss, then why aren't there more
happy people
If The gun was in the hands of the victim,there would be no
murders,robberies or rapes.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
good coffee, made well, or no coffee.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

TripleA RV in Medford, OR SUCKS
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Funny observation. I'll be 44 in a couple months. Growing up, my dad was the only adult I knew that didn't drink coffee. It was at the center of every social (non-drinking) event I was at growing up, and adults had coffee with every meal. It seems to me not nearly as many people my age and younger drink coffee... or at least not as seriously.

I aquired a little taste for coffee in my very late teens. I've never paid for a Starbucks coffee and have no plans to (although the pro-carry situation might make me consider patronizing them once). That being said, my wife doesn't drink coffee and I don't drink enough to warrant buying a brewing pot, so I drink a cup or two of instant Maxwell House per day, and usually only in cool to cold weather. On the road, prefer Burger King's cup of Joe, or Pilot's House brand.

Short answer, my tastes lean towards the basic stuff, done right.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just a good cup of coffee, not interested in the "gourmet" stuff at all. A good Columbian or the run of the mill whatever they use at Mickey-D's, Circle K kind. Strong & black is my only requirement.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rainshadow1, I was in Seqium Friday afternoon right next door at Costco, I get up there a couple of times a month and do shop at the Home Depot every now and then so I may stop by and see if your in and introduce myself..

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like 8 O'Clock coffee. It's not a premium brand and it's not a gormet brand. You can get it at Walmart for just a little bit more than folgers and the other "top" brands. Give it a try if you get a chance. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like the walmart house brand Columbian and the Arabaca.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
More thanks guys, I really appreciate the input.

W7ACT, hoping to start early May. Hope to meet you. I'll probably be there early and late, my wife will handle things through the middle of the day. I'll be at home with the kids making knives and calls!

- - Steve
Rainshadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
www.rain-shadow.com

Mountain Lion Calling products, instruction, & stories!

Labrador Retrievers - https://rainshadowlabradors.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What Bristo, ringworn and Dutch said. Nothing like a good cup of black coffee, but burned bean coffee is only for adding the fruits, nuts, flowers and other ancillary flavors for a hint of coffee taste.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Most lumber yards, hardware & construction materials companys have coffee in the AM for free

Psalm 109:8 ~ "Let his days be few and brief; and let others step forward to replace him."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What Bristoe said.

Remember, too, that when you're a guy hittin' the big box store to get supplies for a DIY project, to SAVE MONEY, but per usual ends up over budget - you charging significant money on an impulse coffee walking out the door, right after getting clobbered at checkout is maybe not a great strategy. But $0.75, eh, probably got that rattling around the pocket. Just my opinion as a frequent shopper.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The specialty, premium roast. To be precise "Vivace".

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Press fresh ground coffee... Pressed coffee is great...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

283 members (375sunrise, 338reddog, 219 Wasp, 30Gibbs, 10ring1, 29aholic, 31 invisible), 1,755 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,205
Posts18,524,224
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.