Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC

If we choose not to believe in Jesus Christ as Savior and follow Him, we are not Christians. We then are something else and have chosen to fend for ourselves after this earthly life.

So, do only Christians go to heaven? and if so, why go to the trouble of creating so many different people with such varying beliefs?

It is extremely hard for me to believe that if God is who we say he is, a loving compassionate supreme being, that he would dam an otherwise good person whose sole sin was not accepting Jesus Christ or worshipping God.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Man created God in his own image. So, God is accordingly vengeful, petty, smallminded, illogical, contradictory, murderous, and so on.

This is not complicated, but some would like to make it so.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How can those who represent God have such an high percentage of pedophiles and those who covered for them? How can this not make it even harder for the agnostic to take man's word on how he needs Christ?

I say that with all sincerity, not wishing to fire anyone up. Believers are lucky people to live with that piece of mind, I wish I could find it, but I can't, and things like the Catholic priest scandals make it all the more likely I never will.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
As luck would have it you don't need any damn silly religion for that peace.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

We will all fear dying.

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Jeff, you silly twit, I've thought about your answer real hard trying to make it work...but it doesn't.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If you follow the thinking, and I use that word lightly, of some of those damn silly religions.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If I decide not to believe in Christianity or any other God based faith, will God send me to an eternity in hell?

No, we send ourseleves to Hell.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Some people are erxtremely hateful,..even some of the more pious people you'll meet have the real thing going on,..that deep down, ingrained bloodlust *hate*.

Thar's sort of what has clouded my judgment when it comes to God and religion.

There just seems to be so much hate that is the result of religion. For the most part, it makes me want to stay as far away from religion as possible. Other times, I wonder if it's just man that has turned me off to God and religion.

I realize I've become a cynic and I'm not particularly fond of it.

Hatred of mankind based on religion can be attributed to the fact that we assign and expect an individual to consistently live up to an extremely high standard of exemplary moral behavior. We are just human beings and more often than not fail to consistently meet these expectations. We begin to hate the person for not meeting the standard, and become cynical regarding the religion.

We all live between good and evil.

Last edited by rkamp; 04/10/10.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rrroae
If I decide not to believe in Christianity or any other God based faith, will God send me to an eternity in hell?

The whole thing just seems absurd. I didn't ask to be born into this life but according to Christianity, that was part of God's plan.

So now that I'm born, I'm given 2 choices -

- Believe in God and honor him for which he'll reward me with an eternity in Heaven

or

- Not believe in God which means he'll make me spend an eternity suffering

...sort of makes God seem a bit vengeful and vindictive

Why don't you just go have a GODDAM cigarette ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
How can those who represent God have such an high percentage of pedophiles and those who covered for them? How can this not make it even harder for the agnostic to take man's word on how he needs Christ?

Being a former Catholic, that was the first and biggest blow to my faith.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Barkoff

We will all fear dying.

Until such time as we welcome it.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Hopefully pun intended.....

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hopefully pun intended.....

lol

Dickhead.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
So,...let's sum up from the athiests point of view.

"If there was a God all the world and all it's people would be perfect."

Seems like you've all got it figured out to your satisfaction.

Congratulations.

It's not everyday that a man can decipher all the intricacies of the universe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have gotten down on organized religion. It was a gradual process. I was born and raised Catholic, went to a Catholic School. It is a big part of who I am.

I am so appreciative of getting that education, when I was in grade school, the Nuns were like Mothers to us and did a wonderful job of teaching us about Christ, morality and what our Father in heaven expected of us. I have always believed that my Catholic education saved me from taking a bad road in life.

Unfortunately, there is the other side of organized religion, the hypocrisy and bigotry that can be found in most all of the faiths. How any man can say that another will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven because he does not believe exactly as I do, is a concept that runs counter to the God I believe in.

I'm surely no spokesperson for any religion or on God in general. I do have a deep faith and believe in the Almighty and his son Jesus. I sometimes would like to smack or shoot folks, so I am defintely a work in progress.

I believe most of our organized religions have become corrupted and are self serving. I know many will not agree and I surely do not fault anyone that participates in organized religion. Christ himself said do not forsake the flock.

I still go to Mass on occasion. However, I see most organized religions as controlling, fund raising institutions where self preservation is the main concern, not the spiritual needs of it's members.

I used to feel terrible for having this opinion, still do at times and have tried to look at it with an open mind and heart, prayed about it as well.

I guess it is what it is. One thing I do take comfort in is that 2000 yrs ago. The son of God was sent to live among us and he didn't think to much of the way organized religion was run in his day either.

JM.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Jeff, you silly twit, I've thought about your answer real hard trying to make it work...but it doesn't.

Ha!

I suspect it's too simple for you. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
One could just ask God their questions, read their own Bible, come up with your own answers since man just phuggs schitt up.

If you do this you'll either turn into Aleister Crowley or the ATF will bulldoze your compound and light it up....

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SU35

God gives you the choice, by an act of your free will to believe or accept that as fact. If you do, you are saved from Hell. Simple as that.

If you don't accept the sacrifice of His Son then you reject His free salvation and you send yourself to Hell.

What kind of choice is it when if you don't believe you'll spend the rest of time suffering in hell?

If there really was a choice, damnation doesn't seem like what would await you being door #2. We are threatened with pain, suffering and misery if we don't chose to believe.

What kind of choice is that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you follow the thinking, and I use that word lightly, of some of those damn silly religions.

I don't know, my grandfather was an atheist. He lived life to the fullest, hiking in the woods, camping into his eighties, finally passing at 95.

His last week on this earth he became very depressed, you couldn't get him to talk, when he did, he indicated he knew it was about over and I believe he loved life and didn't want it to come to an end. He loved his kid, his grand kids, and his eight great great grand kids, I don't think he was ready to let them go either.

I contrast that to people I have known who almost seem to relish the day they get to leave earth, those who truly believe it is not over, it is only the beginning, those who truly believe there is a better place after earth. That is piece of mind I would not mind having, but doubt I ever will.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (1badf350, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 70 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,698
Posts18,513,676
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.