-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Poor Jeff. Man, I would hate to be in your shoes.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Your not and screw Buddha.

Your mean and Buddha shall rain eternal hellfire upon your disbelieving ass for all... uh... eternity.

So there.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Not very Buddha like of him. Probably just another Christian masquerading.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Poor Jeff. Man, I would hate to be in your shoes.

Why so? Is a vengeful God gonna whup on me? grin

I have a positively beautiful set of spiritual beliefs, and what's more they are irrefutable and consistant with observable reality. So there.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not very Buddha like of him. Probably just another Christian masquerading.

Buddha is, as Buddha does...

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did I just make that up? I think I did. Damn I'm good.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I think there is something. Time will tell, perhaps

Well, not unless you get on board. wink

We'll see, but then again my dad always said,"There are no atheists in foxholes" and he was in a few.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What observable reality? Man's reality Jeff?

The same men who didn't know that germs existed 200 yrs ago and blamed sickness on witches?

The same men today, who can't explain the planet we live on or even how our own brains function?

Forgive me if I don't put too much faith in man's universal comprehension and explanations.

They have been proven wrong, so many times on so many levels, that I have little faith in them.

You put way too much stock in man's ability to explain what he doesn't understand.

Glad you got it figured out. Disappointment awaits.

JM

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'm getting a headache. Good night. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, hitting the old head against the Jeff tree will do that to ya'.

Night Pard.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I didnt read this whole thread but I dont think God is vengeful, hes got a hell of a sense of humor though. He gave us washington DC..........maybe he is vengeful....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What observable reality? Man's reality Jeff?

The same men who didn't know that germs existed 200 yrs ago and blamed sickness on witches?

The same men today, who can't explain the planet we live on or even how our own brains function?

Forgive me if I don't put too much faith in man's universal comprehension and explanations.

They have been proven wrong, so many times on so many levels, that I have little faith in them.

You put way too much stock in man's ability to explain what he doesn't understand.

Glad you got it figured out. Disappointment awaits.

JM

No, not THOSE men! grin

Cliff notes version of The World According to Jeff:

I came from something beautiful. I'm part of something beautiful. I will go back to something beautiful.

Consistant with reality and a comfort to boot. What more you want, man?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
How did you come from something beautiful if you weren't anything until that magical moment of viability. You were just a mass of cells subject to abortion.

Talk about blind faith, that's an unreasonable religion refuted by biological science.

Trooper Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, hitting the old head against the Jeff tree will do that to ya'.

Night Pard.

Just get jacked up on ibuprofen like I am now. You'll worship the Anti-Inflammatory God. So- headache solved, a consistant simple spiritual path provided.... what more you need from me??

G'night JM and TG, and even Steelhead, you ignorant slut.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp
How did you come from something beautiful if you weren't anything until that magical moment of viability. You were just a mass of cells subject to abortion.

Talk about blind faith, that's an unreasonable religion refuted by biological science.

Trooper Kent

I am no more, and no less, miraculous than any other part of the universe. What are the chances that the rock under you feet would be exactly as it is? Vanishingly small. And yet here we are, and there it is.

Everything that is me, you, or that rock came from somewhere. It was somewhere achingly beautiful-remember? I do. Best of all we get to go back.

Again- consistant with reality and a comfort.

I will assume your check is in the mail.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
rrroae has some legitimate issues he wants answered, we all want those answers. Even as Christians.

How can God make us and then abandon us to his enemy, what happens to those that never heard of Jesus or God, what happened to my sister's best friend in high school that was to be baptized on Sunday, everything arranged, she was walking home from school on Friday and fell over dead, brain clot. What happens to those that claim Jesus on Sunday but live as Satan the rest of the week. Is it God's words or man's history of their worship of God in the bible.

Is God evil if he only accepts enlightened souls abandoning those that never had the opportunity to hear, or those that believe the Baptist version over the Catholic.... Methodists are guaranteed for hell...

How do we separate those words they wrote from the spirit of God and those they added from their own desires and good intentions. It is obvious the Bible is not 100% the word of God, some of man's prejudices crept in when it comes to tenets.

I do not put faith in any man's religion or word's, they will always let me down. My personal relation with God depends on no man.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Jeff, you are so contradictory it's not worth the effort, what ever you say today has no relation to what you said a few months ago, just sounded good at the time. Very immature, though you have no idea what I'm saying. I've discussed abortion with you before and you get about two steps into the discussion and repeat then retreat, boring.

Explain again the beauty of creation and continuation, I don't deny there could be the possibility, even in God's plan. There are some Christian beliefs that our souls chose the time to be born, they already existed.

Mesh your pro abortion beliefs we talked about months ago.

This may be deep and you didn't realize they might be interrelated as are other issues.

Luck

Kent

Last edited by krp; 04/11/10.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by Barkoff
How can those who represent God have such an high percentage of pedophiles and those who covered for them? How can this not make it even harder for the agnostic to take man's word on how he needs Christ?

Being a former Catholic, that was the first and biggest blow to my faith.
If your faith is in a church which is made up of flawed men, and a church with a history of horrible atrocities, injustices, born from inauspicious beginnings, what else would you expect?

Faith in things of men will always disappoint. Faith in God and His word, never will.

And yes, God is vengeful. Perfectly so. But also perfectly just and perfectly gracious and forgiving.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Man created God in his own image. So, God is accordingly vengeful, petty, smallminded, illogical, contradictory, murderous, and so on.

This is not complicated, but some would like to make it so.

Nor is it true, though you would like to make it so.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp

Nope, God created our spirit in his image. Trying to put God in man's words is a mistake. We are the masters of our own physical world, God made it that way and stepped out, his is the spiritual existence. Whatever happens here, life, pain, death, love, hate, evil, good, we do to ourselves.

Religion is man made, heaven and hell are man made, words of time and place that will have nothing to do with our spirit after life. If you place your faith in man's words and tenets your path may be much harder.

I appreciate that post krp.

Really gives me something to mull over.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1minute, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 71 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,704
Posts18,513,823
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.