Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HawkI
One could just ask God their questions, read their own Bible, come up with your own answers .

For me this makes the most sense.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, Listen to de' bbq rub census debul and you'll get a seat in the VIP box in hell....
wink

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Yeah, Listen to de' bbq rub census debul and you'll get a seat in the VIP box in hell....
wink

Yeah with you being the ticket taker----your truck ain't back yet. Maybe you best put out an APB on that woman.. wink

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will beat her with the Good Book if she does not get back soon. wink

She is at the Animal Shelter, looks like I probably won't be busting any caps on the South Carolina debuls I painted on my targets last night.... mad

JM wink

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
watch her may she come home with a load of cats---this from de debul.

Last edited by byc; 04/11/10.

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Once a upon a time there was a Goddess, the Faerie Queene. She was lonely and created a help mate she called God or the Faerie King as her friend and companion.

Then she brought forth Faeries to populate the Otherworld, the parallel universe of the Natural World.

But some of the Faeries being impish children thought that the grass looked greener on the other side of the fence, Natural World, and crossed over. We impish Faeries are stuck here for a number of years until we learn our lesson and gain some wisdom and then we are allowed to cross back over to the Otherworld (death) where we will live happily ever after with the Faerie Queene our Mother and the Faerie King our Father.

This is the short version but it gets to the point just in case someone needed to know.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't say that. The bad thing is I know she is hauling dogs around in the cab of my truck, although she denies doing it, but doesn't want to let me use her car?????

Might be because I once got it stuck on a loggin' job and had to leave it overnight... eek

My priveleges was revoked! mad

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Don't want to see anyone getting upset with each over my questions. I like to be mischievous and raise hell so the few times I'm being sincere, I don't expect everyone to automatically take notice.

To put it as simply as I can, I have a lot of anger directed towards religion and I know it's preventing me from seeing clearly. It's something I have to work thru on my own but sometimes I have so many questions I don't mind hearing from others. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it just leads to more questions.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Dont let me or my actions be a stumbling block to ya..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
rrroae,

If you are looking, you'll find it Pard. wink

Tom,

How did you get an Ingwe avatar to wave like that? grin

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Simple I went to a avatar site and downloaded it to my photobucket account.

They make avatars that have movement.

.....Ingwe avater.... grin

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Man created God in his own image. So, God is accordingly vengeful, petty, smallminded, illogical, contradictory, murderous, and so on.

This is not complicated, but some would like to make it so.

Nope, God created our spirit in his image. Trying to put God in man's words is a mistake. We are the masters of our own physical world, God made it that way and stepped out, his is the spiritual existence. Whatever happens here, life, pain, death, love, hate, evil, good, we do to ourselves.

Religion is man made, heaven and hell are man made, words of time and place that will have nothing to do with our spirit after life. If you place your faith in man's words and tenets your path may be much harder.

I'm sure I can't explain it right but it will probably be many paths and levels of spiritual well being. From a path of hopelessness(hell) to the rapture of enlightenment. There will be all eternity to travel whatever path and advance at whatever level we desire.

Kent

KRP,

You have written a very intriguing view of one man's relationship with his God. Your view is interesting in that it sidesteps all the sticky questions of why there is imperfection and evil in the world. For example, in your view, there is no such thing as sin in the relationship with God since sin is solely in the domain of men. If there is no sin in a man's relationship with God, then the Biblical concept of eternal reward and punishment does not exist. In short, there is no heaven or hell. There only the relationship....if one wants it. Moreover, the relationship is completely independent of everything.

Do I understand what you wrote correctly?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp
Jeff, you are so contradictory it's not worth the effort, what ever you say today has no relation to what you said a few months ago, just sounded good at the time. Very immature, though you have no idea what I'm saying. I've discussed abortion with you before and you get about two steps into the discussion and repeat then retreat, boring.

Explain again the beauty of creation and continuation, I don't deny there could be the possibility, even in God's plan. There are some Christian beliefs that our souls chose the time to be born, they already existed.

Mesh your pro abortion beliefs we talked about months ago.

This may be deep and you didn't realize they might be interrelated as are other issues.

Luck

Kent

Kent,

The spiritual beliefs I articulated here are pretty much exactly what I've said the only other times I've been willing to talk about this stuff with a buncha unbelievers <grin>. I've usually used the "jar of water in an ocean" analogy, which rather neatly expresses the same thing IF a person applies a little thought.

As to abortion, it's an almost un-debateable topic because it very quickly gets into whether one believes in God, and in a soul. If one does not, as I do not, then entire realms of "your" premise are patently false; and yet they are taken as a given by "your" side. So there's just no point in attempting a discussion from where I sit. However, I've gone out on a limb to say what I believe about the subject. I'm not sure what else you'd have me do with regards to that topic- hang out for some abuse? Thanks, I'll pass.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tom264
Simple I went to a avatar site and downloaded it to my photobucket account.

They make avatars that have movement.

.....Ingwe avater.... grin

Got a feeling it won't be waiving on or about the 22nd. I get it.. crazy

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hello rrroae:

You did a good thing by asking your questions - these same issues nag a lot of us - in different ways. There is some very fine insight in some of the responses here - just look for that and think about it.

The only advice I might offer is this: I can find no point in being angry at "religion" as such because it is a man-made and man-described concept that varies greatly according to the person or organization talking. Actually, when it comes to our relationship with God, there is no point in being angry at all. Such anger will produce nothing good. To me, seeking and inviting God to reveal Himself seems much more promising than acting out anger at something that will not be affected - it's kind of like hitting an anvil with a stick.

Last edited by CCCC; 04/11/10.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing ALL religions share in common is belief in a god.

To an agnostic or atheist, it matters none which man made religion we speak of.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rrroae

To put it as simply as I can, I have a lot of anger directed towards religion and I know it's preventing me from seeing clearly.

Religion? Or God? I can honestly say I could be on the same boat as you regarding religion. You see, I dont attend church. Too many hypocrits there for me. Ive never been baptized. Ive had a chat with Mickey about that fairly recently. Its something I struggle with. But I talk with God everyday. And I feel fairly certain I dont need to pick a denomination to love God, or Him me. We all have decisions to make, they arent easy, but speak with Him and im sure He will show you the way.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is God vengeful?

Yes, She is.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've always had the philosophy, that I'd rather believe in God and end up being wrong come judgment day... than NOT believing in God and be wrong come judgment day.

What has always gotten me... in our society, so many people embrace a disbelief in God and the existence of a heaven... while at the same time, have no problem believing in a Satan and the existence of a hell.

Our we prone to believe in the negative and disregard the good or positive in our society?

Tarnishment of the concept of God, has been the fault of man, not the fault of God. I believe God wants us to be taught certain principals to live by and interact with our fellow man in those ways...

but on the other hand, God doesn't need us to 'worship' him like taught in churches. I have trouble believing God demands that he needs to be placed on a thrown and worshipped like some sort of midevil period king. King and Worship are vain man-made concepts.

God would rather have our lives lived by example, than how much we worshiped him during our time on earth.

I've always had the philosophy, that we each are put on this earth.. we have no control when that is, or when that life will be called back by God... what we do have control over is everything in between those two points... control over how we live our lives...

I can only speak for myself, but I apologize to God what little I have accomplished in his name, with the abilities he gave me...
To translate what I mean.... a good life is not what you accumulate for yourself in life, it is what you can give and do for others that gauges whether you had a good life or not.

I've always lived by that philosophy... and while I give a lot to others in my lifetime, I never feel it is enough...and my only excuse is that I have done the best I can... hopefully if there is a God and a heaven, come judgment day, then he will smile and tell me that was enough... or recycle me back down here and tell me to try it over until I get it right...

or I find myself standing in front of Satan with a big smile on his face, and saying "welcome... we've been waiting for you..."..

but I don't feel comfortable that my final fate is just a hole in the ground... that is why I plan to be cremated...to have my ashes spread over somewhere I love in hopes that means that my spirit or ghost will wander there for eternity... and that may be what heaven really is afterall..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
I've always had the philosophy, that I'd rather believe in God and end up being wrong come judgment day... than NOT believing in God and be wrong come judgment day.

But it isn't a choice. True belief is not something you can just choose to do...sure, you can cover your ass and say you believe, but wouldn't God just look into your heart and know you are gaming him?

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,773
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.