Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by shootem
To keep this from happening again we need to stop constitutionally unqualified persons from running�
not try to get them out after they are elected.

We need to allow unqualified politicians fraudulently elected to office to continue to hold that office?? And we need to keep illegals from coming into the country but not evict those already here?? And we need to prevent crime but not prosecute criminals?? Are you serious? Call me simple but it's obvious prevention/punishment is not an either/or option. Both prevention and punishment are required to insure at least partially the integrity of public office. What laws do I get to break??

But yeah, sounds hard. Guess we ought to just go sit on the porch.
Yeah, that's the part that gets me too. I guess if you can make it out of the 7-11 after robbing it, you get to keep the money. Weird sheit.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Again. This time real slow:

NO COURT HAS EVER REVIEWED OR SUBPOENAED OBAMA'S RELEVANT DOCUMENTS.

UNTIL THEY DO THE ISSUE OF OBAMA'S CONSTITUTIONAL ELIGIBILITY FOR THE OFFICE OF PRESIDENT IS NOT SETTLED!

Thank you.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just like they've never did DNA tests to make sure he's human.

They have refused to hear the issue, which makes it pretty well settled.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
A simple perusal of the microfiche archives of the Honolulu Rag, clearly shows a birth announcement for one BHO on the date specified. Kinda hard to [bleep] with that kind of evidence.
----------

I hope you're somewhat kidding when you suggest that it would be hard to [bleep] with that kind of evidence. I disagree completely with you and Kevin and will say,with grimaced face and humility, that I completely agree with Hawkeye in his first response to Kevin above.

Although I certainly do not consider myself a birther but more of a seeker of the truth and facts, this argument is not going away and it's having an opposite affect other than showing those who wish for such proof as fringe kooks. Lawyers seeking the truth and soldiers who actually hit the fronts questioning their Commander in Chief's authority to order such gets relegated to fringe kooks? Not in my black and white book of life, it doesn't!

Lastly, there's much to be garnered from the document request and it's clear something is being hidden from observation. That's on Obama, not those desiring proof and evidence from one holding the highest office in the land. And, I don't mean your hottie wife,Jorge!

Produce the evidence and then finish us off with a "I told you so,dumbass" but, until then, it's not a resolved issue.

Holy crap, I agree with Bob!!!!!! grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by temmi
My 2 cents.
Can you imagine what would happen if the election was overturned?

At best many segments of the country would see this as overturning an election based on a technicality�

At worst the takeover of government by the courts.

Either would spark riots and worse for years.

Frankly I wish it were that easy but it is not and sadly it is a dead issue� it is too hot to touch.

To keep this from happening again we need to stop constitutionally unqualified persons from running�
not try to get them out after they are elected.
If you allow him to sit as President if he were actually proven to be unqualified, then you have just nullified the highest law of our nation.

As to your last statement, you are dead-wrong. Technically, as I understood it, there was no law preventing him from running regardless of his qualifications. Where the lawbreaking comes into play is when he actually takes the oath of office. So there was no real redress for this before he was sworn in. Most folks thought that the Democrats wouldn't be stupid enough to run somebody whose whole Presidency could be negated.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Gene L
Now THERE'S a good idea!! laugh laugh

Uh, no, just the opposite..

They, and their families, want to survive.. They also know the ramifications of that potentially riot-inducing trial.. By using the 'non-standing' issue, they can avoid it all.. No balls, no blue ribbon..

They'll let the Liar In Chief hang himself, politically, and keep their distance, PC-wise... Like I said above, I hope I live long enough to actually find out the truth..

(thought I better add a couple smileys so the lefties won't think I'm actually serious..)

Last edited by Redneck; 04/15/10.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I have no idea whether he is qualified to hold the office or not, but the Birther side has compelling evidence and the Obama side can do nothing but obfuscate while attempting to discredit and humiliate the people asking the questions.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Well, they're dumb question.

What compelling evidence do the birthers have? The fact is, there is compelling evidence otherwise: his birth was recorded in the Hawaii newspaper on the date of his birth. Oh, I'm sure an argument can be made that his mother registered him as an American citizen and somehow forged his/her names on the hospital role, but is that an intelligent argument?

All those birthers remind me of the 9/11 Truthers. One has to ask, "What level of proof would be accepted by all those who question?"

The answer is "No level of proof would be accepted." It's like those who believe man did not go to the moon. Buying into an idea the reinforces one's hopes, and more important, WISHES, kinda eliminates room for the truth. It's much easier to believe what one wants rather than sidle up to the uncomfortable reality of what actually is.

At some point, instead of hanging hopes on the 1:TenZillion chance of proving him NOT born as a U.S. citizen, those Birthers need to put it behind them and get out and organize and vote against him.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
One has to ask, "What level of proof would be accepted by all those who question?"
=============

Easy....the actual birth certificate. How do you address/respond to the 1981 passport travel to Pakistan question,Gene?

I think comparing it to 9-11 conspiracy theroies is rather foolish seeing that all that evidence had been looked at ad nauseum leading up to that investigation and report.

In this particular matter, no one has seen the actual, birth certificate. So, glaring differences exist subject to debate,for sure, but easily resolved,as well.

You've had to provide your original birth certificate for certain things in your life and you and I are nobodies. What's absurd about requesting a president to produce his/hers?

Last edited by isaac; 04/15/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gene, the proof the birthers have is all circumstantial. His grandmother saying he was born in Kenya. His wife saying in a speech in 2008 that they'd visited Obama's homeland of Kenya. No doctor name or even hospital being provided as to where he was born. Him attending state school in Indonesia when the country only allows citizens of Indonesia to attend state schools. Obama visiting Pakistan on an unknown passport during his college days. Lots of small things, not even sure any more which ones are even true.

And, as I understand it, Hawaii at the time of his birth would issue a certificate of live birth for babies born elsewhere. And anybody could put the notice in the paper.

I don't think there's anything to it.. but I'd like to see it resolved. I don't think it's anything but reasonable for the American people to ask the POTUS to prove citizenship by providing the original birth certificate and whatever else is necessary. Shouldn't even be able to run without being vetted.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Look cracker, I'm obamma, the supreme being. As dictater I don't have to show your honkey aze anythin.... peon.

In his own words, Tiger Woods... you SUCK!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The whole deal has been skewed and diminished by the Alinsky tactic of ridicule. I don't contend that he IS ineligible, but rather, that he has not supplied documents that remove any doubt. Hell, he would need more proof than that to work as a custodian in the White House. In addition, I would have serious doubt Obama could get a Yankee White clearance to even get in, given his past associations. The "birth certificate" produced, was in fact, a certificate of live birth. The two documents are not the same. Hey, I'm just a nobody, but I am an American, and he has not supplied enough information for me to be comfortable with his citizenship status. You may indeed, be legally right, (in the sense that O.J. is innocent) but that is not the end of it. Nobody will challenge it, lest they assume room temperature, figuratively, or in reality. To assign a buzzword - "birther"- to this line of thinking does exactly wht is intended. It diminishes their credibility. Dirty fighting at it's best.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I would imagine GWB supplied no documents to establish that he was an American citizen. I'd like to see proof!

I think folks should concentrate on voting him, and more important, his homies like Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid out of office rather than tiresomely demanding proof that he is qualified to be in office.

Last edited by Gene L; 04/15/10.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Knock yourself out. I'm certain the records would be provided without the circus surrounding this guy. I did not always agree with the Bush's, but they are a class act. Not the description Obama inspires.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bender
Knock yourself out. I'm certain the records would be provided without the circus surrounding this guy. I did not always agree with the Bush's, but they are a class act. Not the description Obama inspires.
Amen, brother... Amen..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Whether or not he inspires you has nothing to do with whether or not he's a citizen of the US.

I voted for Bush twice and think he was a joke both time. Less of a joke than Algore, but still...

I would think if anyone asked Bush to prove he was a citizen of the US he would be personally insulted and NOT provide proof or anything else that panders to a fringe demand. Anyone with balls would do the same.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
McCain did. You're side-tracking instead of addressing the questions. Further, providing such documentation will be law before the next Presidential election.

Bam-Bam's citizenship qualifications were made an issue both before and after his election. With Bush Sr being president without question, why would his son's citizenship even be in question?

Bammy's was and is. It's not settled.

Last edited by isaac; 04/15/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I think the fringe is longer than people think, and of course, if the request was an official one, the material would be provided, guaranteed. Anyways, you ignored the point I made regarding legality vs. ethical, with the O.J. trial as an example. The fact that he was found innocent, did not change my opinion, or many others, as to whether we thought he was guilty. Reality and the law are sometimes at odds. Another forinstance - "it depends on the meaning of is...". Didn't make me feel very good about Clintons innocence. Again, were he a CPO in the Navy, he'da been in the brig.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would imagine GWB supplied no documents to establish that he was an American citizen. I'd like to see proof!

I think folks should concentrate on voting him, and more important, his homies like Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid out of office rather than tiresomely demanding proof that he is qualified to be in office.
From what I've understood about all this, the document supporting his birth is not a Birth Certificate. The Certificate of Live Birth doesn't date from the day of his birth but was generated later. His birth certificate exists but is sealed. There was an announcement in the paper some months later. None of this proves his eligibility for the POTUS.

As to voting him out of office, I personally believe that most of the regulars here voted for McCain. As such, we did what we could. You've said several times we should all vote. I don't think, save for Derby, there are too many of us planning on doing otherwise. One really has little to do with the other. I also don't think anybody here is wasting much energy on the Birth issue, but hey, if you want to continue to urge people who normally vote to go vote, do so, although it does strike me as a bigger waste of energy than a little discussion about the birth thing.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Not accurate to compare GW with Obama. Bush didn't have a barely legal aged caucasian mother and an already married Kenyan father and a Kenyan grandmother who says she was present at his birth in Africa. He didn't have a foreign national as a step-father or attend school in that step-father's home country where citizenship is required to attend said school. Bush didn't travel on questionable credentials or get tuition possibly based on foreign identity. Lots of questions apply to Obama that in no way apply to Bush. And again, it would be so easy for this transparent administration to provide documents sufficient to eliminate all these suspicions. Gee, I wonder why they don't do that?

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 69 invisible), 3,300 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,483
Posts18,471,815
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.