Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Well whether you like the results or not. Whether you agree with the conclusions made by the courts or not, doesn't change the fact that the birth debate has gone as far as it's going to go. The issue is DEAD.

No, it is not dead. It won't be dead until his birth, adoption and education records are all released.

Hawaiian vs. Kenyan birth aside, I can easily say that 0bama was adopted by Soetero and that he is legally a citizen of Indonesia. You cannot prove that statement as incorrect until you see whatever adoption records and education records there are.

Natural born does not mean dual citizen!
Again, no court is willing to hear the case. The Supreme Court opted not to hear the case and that's as high as it goes. So where do you think this is going to go. Hey, you want to beat a dead horse, you go right ahead. But you'll get much better results by advocating for a good congressional candidate than you'll ever get on this birth issue.

YOU may not believe that the birth certificate is legit, but the highest court in the land is satisfied; that's as far as the issue is going to go.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The SC has made no such determination or ruling in re: the birth certificate.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The man's own words:

Given this guy's record and previous deployment to three different theaters, I doubt that this is being done to avoid another deployment. He is a smart man and could probably easily come up with a way of avoiding deployment that doesn't involve a court marshall...

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And here's Dr. Manning's read on this:

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=y6vvTrvgZ1c&feature=related[/video]

Say what you will, but you have to respect this man's sincerity. I've been watching his videos for several years now and he's been a true conservative throughout.

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Sincerity is no measure of what's true and what's not. There is an old saying, "Never let them see you sweat." All this birther nonsense is giving a victory to the Dems, it's such a transparent issue. It's the ultimate example of letting them see you sweat, and it's "Playground Politics." His birthplace is only an issue to those who oppose his presidency and who, apparently, lack the grounds for which to oppose it and therefore try to play lawyerball with an weird claim.

If you want him out of office, VOTE.

Last edited by Gene L; 04/14/10.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone that spends over $1M to hide records that could simply be opened to clear this entire mess up sure looks like they are hiding something important. Why not just open his long form birth cert (including attending physicians names for verification), his college transcripts (including any student loan applications) and his records as an attorney (including records held by the bar assn). He promised transparency did he not?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For the same reason JFingKerry never released his Vietnam records......

All American

All the time
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the guy isn't trying to get out of deployment, he's using his position to try to bring to light this cover up of the Obamanation.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The whole birther thing now smacks of whining. As noted, it's a dead issue. It's a way for people to complain and feel like they are helping without actually getting involved in the political process. It's easier to whine than to knock on doors, volunteer to work for the party or run for office.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
His birthplace is only an issue to those who oppose his presidency and who, apparently, lack the grounds for which to oppose it and therefore try to play lawyerball with an weird claim.

Birthplace isn't a weird claim. If he is not a natural born citizen, as well as a current citizen, that is an overly sufficient ground upon which to oppose his fitness to serve. Federal requirements to hold the office of President of the United States are very specific. Apparently it does not matter to you. However, your opinion or mine for that matter is irrelevant. What matters is whether or not the qualification has been met. It would be a very simple matter to open up sufficient records to clarify this issue one way or the other but there is strong opposition from the administration to doing so. That, along with his multi-national upbringing and possibly being legally a foreign national, is certainly sufficient cause for suspicion.

To call those with concern names or infer they are misguided reminds me of the "Nuts & Sluts" defense the Clintons always used when confronted with incriminating charges. The issue of being a native born citizen of the United States in order to hold it's highest office is about as serious an issue as we the people can address. To say we should sweep it under the rug because of lack of support or to accept non-review by the Supreme Court as final determination of citizenship authenticity is an absurd suggestion. It is no more acceptable than are draconian anti-second amendment laws and measures, unconstitutional federal mandates, confiscatory tax regulations and on and on.

Further, for some to say "It's settled. Move on." is further nonsense. We could say the same for the current misguided takeover of our private healthcare system. I for one do not intend to consider that issue settled either even though Congress and our acting President have so mandated. Shall we always simply "Move on" when the federal government dictates? If those present on this forum are that far along then we as a country are truly in serious trouble. Quite a while back when more liberal in my thinking I had a T-shirt that simple said "Question Authority". Though my belief system has gone thru considerable change over the years I maintain even more the firm belief that we should "Question Authority". Authourity excercised unlawfully and without consent brings domination. I will not be dominated. I will accept legal, moral and legitimate authority; but here in a free country when I question that authority I expect and demand proof it is legal, moral and legitimate.

So, with all that being said will the people be allowed access to all evidence pro and con on this issue? Maybe not. But if we cease to question and demand answers the outcome is obvious. And to me, it matters.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There are fools and then there are damn fools; this guy is the latter. I wouldn't throw away my career over Obama. The friggin issue is DEAD. Get over it, he's President and it isn't going to change until we either vote his arse out, or his second term expires...Let's hope it's the former.

The "birthers" are pathetic.
Not a birther (at least I don't think I am), but I have looked at their arguments, and they seem strong.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are fools and then there are damn fools; this guy is the latter. I wouldn't throw away my career over Obama. The friggin issue is DEAD. Get over it, he's President and it isn't going to change until we either vote his arse out, or his second term expires...Let's hope it's the former.

Yep, and the marxists continue to play the kook-fringe for suckers and will never release his birth certificate. A simple perusal of the microfiche archives of the Honolulu Rag, clearly shows a birth announcement for one BHO on the date specified. Kinda hard to [bleep] with that kind of evidence. But even if it were true, the matter is clearly moot. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Junior1942
Last I heard, Hawaii was part of the USA. Dang, I just realized that I helped a birther waste bandwidth.
He was born in Kenya to a father who was not an American citizen. In that case, to be a "natural born citizen," he must have had a mother who was an American citizen who lived in the United States for at least ten years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16. Obama's mother was only 18 when he was born, which was only 2 years after the age of 16. Not a natural born citizen. Not eligible to be president.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My 2 cents.
Can you imagine what would happen if the election was overturned?

At best many segments of the country would see this as overturning an election based on a technicality�

At worst the takeover of government by the courts.

Either would spark riots and worse for years.

Frankly I wish it were that easy but it is not and sadly it is a dead issue� it is too hot to touch.

To keep this from happening again we need to stop constitutionally unqualified persons from running�
not try to get them out after they are elected.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
A simple perusal of the microfiche archives of the Honolulu Rag, clearly shows a birth announcement for one BHO on the date specified. Kinda hard to [bleep] with that kind of evidence.
----------

I hope you're somewhat kidding when you suggest that it would be hard to [bleep] with that kind of evidence. I disagree completely with you and Kevin and will say,with grimaced face and humility, that I completely agree with Hawkeye in his first response to Kevin above.

Although I certainly do not consider myself a birther but more of a seeker of the truth and facts, this argument is not going away and it's having an opposite affect other than showing those who wish for such proof as fringe kooks. Lawyers seeking the truth and soldiers who actually hit the fronts questioning their Commander in Chief's authority to order such gets relegated to fringe kooks? Not in my black and white book of life, it doesn't!

Lastly, there's much to be garnered from the document request and it's clear something is being hidden from observation. That's on Obama, not those desiring proof and evidence from one holding the highest office in the land. And, I don't mean your hottie wife,Jorge!

Produce the evidence and then finish us off with a "I told you so,dumbass" but, until then, it's not a resolved issue.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is making news. And, a Court Martial is a place where a person can be cleared of alledged wrong doing every bit as much as punished for an error.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...hip-refuses-afghanistan/?test=latestnews

As for the waste of time believers, the true heros often go against popular sentiment. In this field it is all opinion, and using adverbs to belittle people doesn't make you right.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I agree with what the LTC is doing, but I do feel that the Citizenship issue is a dead horse. Read this comment off that link.

If someone were to have pulled a stunt like this under Bush, they'd label him as a traitor and be calling for a firing squad. period, and all of you know it. As a military officer one's duty is to obey orders, regardless of what you think of the person handing them down. I came from a military family so I know this to be the case. This hoopla over a birth certificate is merely a distraction from the real issues as to why people do not want Obama as resident. Seriously folks. Look up the laws you obviously do not know about. This is from the U.S. Constitution online...Title 8, Section 1401 clearly defines who are citizens of the United States at birth. Here they are.... �€� Anyone born inside the United States * �€� Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe �€� Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S. �€� Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national �€� Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year �€� Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21 �€� Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time) �€� A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S. People who are making this up are just doing it to suit their needs......READ folks and educate yourselves!

The bolded are where I have my issues, IIRC, isn't that what the officer's of the Third Reich used as their excuse for following Hitler Blindly, Military Officer's are able to protest what they consider unlawful orders, seems a lot of folks, other than Jorge, PUGS, my wife and a few other's realize this. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
A simple perusal of the microfiche archives of the Honolulu Rag, clearly shows a birth announcement for one BHO on the date specified. Kinda hard to [bleep] with that kind of evidence.
----------

I hope you're somewhat kidding when you suggest that it would be hard to [bleep] with that kind of evidence. I disagree completely with you and Kevin and will say,with grimaced face and humility, that I completely agree with Hawkeye in his first response to Kevin above.

Although I certainly do not consider myself a birther but more of a seeker of the truth and facts, this argument is not going away and it's having an opposite affect other than showing those who wish for such proof as fringe kooks. Lawyers seeking the truth and soldiers who actually hit the fronts questioning their Commander in Chief's authority to order such gets relegated to fringe kooks? Not in my black and white book of life, it doesn't!

Lastly, there's much to be garnered from the document request and it's clear something is being hidden from observation. That's on Obama, not those desiring proof and evidence from one holding the highest office in the land. And, I don't mean your hottie wife,Jorge!

Produce the evidence and then finish us off with a "I told you so,dumbass" but, until then, it's not a resolved issue.
+1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Not a birther (at least I don't think I am), but I have looked at their arguments, and they seem strong.

Yes, but you thought Iraqis carrying RPGs were "bodyguards."

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
To keep this from happening again we need to stop constitutionally unqualified persons from running�
not try to get them out after they are elected.

We need to allow unqualified politicians fraudulently elected to office to continue to hold that office?? And we need to keep illegals from coming into the country but not evict those already here?? And we need to prevent crime but not prosecute criminals?? Are you serious? Call me simple but it's obvious prevention/punishment is not an either/or option. Both prevention and punishment are required to insure at least partially the integrity of public office. What laws do I get to break??

But yeah, sounds hard. Guess we ought to just go sit on the porch.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,932
Posts18,498,721
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.