Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
HUH?? What the Hell are you talking about,Gene? You dabbling in the sparkling cider tonight,bud? Try and stay focused.

I hope that didn't sound like one of your prosecutors!

More like some ditch weed he confiscated from some teenagers. He didn't realize it was spiked with acid.

Turn off the White Album Gene and go to bed.

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My certificate isn't an American (Federal) per se, it's a Georgia birth certificate and maintained by the state records office. In perpuity. Your case is different, I would imagine, and required a different doccument.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by isaac
HUH?? What the Hell are you talking about,Gene? You dabbling in the sparkling cider tonight,bud? Try and stay focused.

I hope that didn't sound like one of your prosecutors!

More like some ditch weed he confiscated from some teenagers. He didn't realize it was spiked with acid.

Turn off the White Album Gene and go to bed.

Looks like Cocktail Hour for the Fringe. Drink up, fellows, and pretend it isn't Kool Aid you're drinking. Just don't forget to vote this November.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Just don't forget to vote this November.

I'll do that as a certainty,Gene. Who are the players in Georgia you're thinking of pulling the lever for? How many are up to the plate?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
No politicking at this point. It's still very early. Govenor has been a bummer, but he's limited to two terms. My state rep is retiring and not all have announced.

GA has been republican for a few years now. Pols remain the same, however.

Last edited by Gene L; 04/15/10.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It certainly was an energized crowd for Hannity in Atlanta last night. He had several conservatives from Georgia on early in the program, including Herman Cain (whom I had never heard of), who announced he might consider a run at the presidency if his health issues were cleared up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Gene, the proof the birthers have is all circumstantial. His grandmother saying he was born in Kenya. His wife saying in a speech in 2008 that they'd visited Obama's homeland of Kenya. No doctor name or even hospital being provided as to where he was born. Him attending state school in Indonesia when the country only allows citizens of Indonesia to attend state schools. Obama visiting Pakistan on an unknown passport during his college days. Lots of small things, not even sure any more which ones are even true.

And, as I understand it, Hawaii at the time of his birth would issue a certificate of live birth for babies born elsewhere. And anybody could put the notice in the paper.

I don't think there's anything to it.. but I'd like to see it resolved. I don't think it's anything but reasonable for the American people to ask the POTUS to prove citizenship by providing the original birth certificate and whatever else is necessary. Shouldn't even be able to run without being vetted.
That pretty well sums up my view on the matter, as well.

+2 That sums it up well.

I will say that I have my doubts that BO will ever resolve his BC without a court order, it would be caving in to his political opposition and at the moment leaving things are they are is driving people crazy.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Extordinary claims require extraordinarly proof. I personally think the claim of BO being not qualified by birth an extraordinary claim, and not his responsibility to further the obvious proof (already provided here) of his birthplace.

Circumstantial claims from his grandmother notwithstanding. My grandma didn't know where I was born (at home) either. I have only my daughter's word, which I trust, that my grandson was born in New York. I wasn't there and have not seen his birth cerificate. I would take it as offensive for someone to claim otherwise, and think it was their claim to prove. And apparently BO's OTHER grandmother the American said he was born in Hawii. Why is this circumstantial evidence not credited? So it goes.

Let's move on to getting him voted out of office.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Birth aside, we do have evidence that 0bama's mother married a foreign national and that 0bama did live in Indonesia. Adoption by the foreign national would give 0bama citizenship in that country.

0bama is not Natural Born, he is a dual citizen.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gene L
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Well I can tell you guys one thing or maybe even two; try getting a passport or Social Security with a certificate of live birth and see how far you get.

My certificate is a "certificate of birth." No problems getting a SSN or a passport. Don't know how this differs from a Certificate of Live Birth" except I was born alive. And according to the link, it doesn't matter in Hawaii, either.

It was a plot, back in 1945. The certifying official apparently thought I was going to be president some day. So he issued this certificate, which does NOT say "Birth Certificate." Says "Certificate of Birth."

Legal minds are aboggle.

If you are old enough to be collecting SS before embossed Birth Certificates became mandatory I doubt you will suddenly lose your SS but in the future you might have a serious problem with a Certificate of Birth that is not embossed when getting or renewing your passport. I had to get a new Birth Certificate that is embossed and real fancy. A photo copy of the birth certificate with a ink stamp is unacceptable for obtaining legal Federal documents for travel and identification.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gene L
Extordinary claims require extraordinarly proof. I personally think the claim of BO being not qualified by birth an extraordinary claim, and not his responsibility to further the obvious proof (already provided here) of his birthplace.

Circumstantial claims from his grandmother notwithstanding. My grandma didn't know where I was born (at home) either. I have only my daughter's word, which I trust, that my grandson was born in New York. I wasn't there and have not seen his birth cerificate. I would take it as offensive for someone to claim otherwise, and think it was their claim to prove. And apparently BO's OTHER grandmother the American said he was born in Hawii. Why is this circumstantial evidence not credited? So it goes.

Let's move on to getting him voted out of office.

Gene,

If you had one daughter who said her son was born in New York and another daughter who said she was there when the boy was born in Maryland, then how would you reconcile the discrepancy in a legal matter?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It wouldn't be an issue, quite frankly. If you had two dautghers making entirely different claims, I suggest there is a bigger problem than where a kid was born. I hope it isn't a problem with you. Also, if I had a daughter in, say, Afghanistan I think I would give less credence than to my daughter who was the birth mother.

I've had to prove my birthplace on a few occasions, and completly trust the sources and those who interprety those sources.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Put me with the moot point people....actually I think BHO is an alien - prove to me he's not - no matter where he was born his mother could have been inseminated with alien sperm. Or he could have been transported to Earth and the microfiche magically manipulated. Aliens could have manufactured him to be indistinguishable from a natural human...etc, etc, etc.

You could have ten legitimate complaints against his presidency and as soon as you bring in the birther argument you immediately lose all credibility....you might as well argue his astrological sign, put some crystals in your pocket and wear a pyramid around your neck.

As some have suggested, this might be the smartest move the Dems could have made - legally and procedurally the issue is over and done...but leave a window for some to keep bringing up and they thereby lose any actual credibility they may have had...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Those who ride the "birth horse" also believe Elvis lives down the street, OJ didn't kill his wife, Bush personally planted explosives in the WTC and go to bed every night hoping to be transported to heaven aboard the Hale-Bopp asteroid.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 160user, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 50 invisible), 1,765 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,160
Posts18,523,492
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.