Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
The old guy I lease my hunting land to was helping me hang wood duck boxes last weekend and he came over in the most rusty toyota 4x4 I had seen. It had a flat bed, tail lights wired on, no mirrors, the door sheet metal flapped loose, and the frame had rust holes in it. I'm surprised it made the 35 miles over, but it has 265K miles and they keep it around. He figures it is as light as one of those 2 person ATV's because there is little metal left. I was actually impressed with it because that light pickup went in spots where my 1/2 ton chevy would have sunk to the axle. I wish I had taken a picture of it to post.

So... does anyone have a good beater picture to post of hunting trucks that fit this class?

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Nope!!!!Don't have anything that classy.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Come on guys - we all know you have a real hunting truck in your past that is so ugly that you are proud to show it off! Unlike the ugly prom date or groomsmen/ugly bridesmaid pictures we have in our past.
I would post my 196? scout 800 picture if it wasn't packed away from last move. What a beast - facory installed snowplow, 345 v-8, locking front and rear differentials, had the full cab and half cab too. Fun to drive and plow with when it would run. The rusted out body panels were filled in with "energy absorbing material" otherwise known as yellow home spray-in insulation or "touch foam".
The other claim to fame is it was the same international scout that Burt Reynolds drove in Deliverance...

Bring on those ugly trucks!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
POS ?
Naaa but she is ugly
[Linked Image]
That's my trunk monkey slash deer skinner slash midget driver at the wheel

Pat

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned.
When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot."
_ Mark Twain
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not a POS but it does not have one straight piece of sheet metal on it. My 86 Ranger, 302, Holly projection, aod trans, 456 gears, detroit locker in the rear end, trac lock in the front, 35" BFG mudders, 4" suspension lift, 2" body lift. Custom bumpers and skid plates. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That might be..... no.... IS the coolest Ford Ranger I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing the pics and data!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't know if I can find any pictures of my 04 Tahoe, but that was a POS!!!

Camp is where you make it.
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Oh yea... I'm feeling the love guys! I wish I could edit the title to say POS or UGLY trucks to get some traffic here.

Awesome ranger there Roadrunner. Did you use a shoe horn to get that 302 in there???
And Hooker - everyone needs a trunk monkey to help them shovel out from a bad "almost stuck" mud hole. Thats why my pickup carries 3 shovels so everyone can share in the fun!

Keep them coming. Maybe we'll have a poll for the ugly truck if this picks up steam.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Far from a POS, this is a heck of a good running rig. 1978 F-150, 351M/4 speed, Edelbrock 4bbl carb/intake set up, some type of aftermarket headers. Body is rough, but that will change soon enough.

[Linked Image][/img]

Have a 2" susp. lift waiting, a better cab, and looking for a box. Steering, suspension will be new or dang close, motor runs like a top, but may put a 390 in it. It will be my hunting/fishing rig. I want it built for reliability, not drag racing. Some areas I hunt are 7-8 hour one way trips.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
This truck right now....

[Linked Image]

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Here's an old 'yota that just keeps chuggin'. I keep it at the lease in the Panhandle & don't drive it much, since I got the 4x4 Dodge Cummins (Pre-obama motors..) I should probably sell it, but if it rains a lot up there that red dirt gets a little sporty with the bigger rigs. Even on the county roads!

It's sporting a bit of rattle can camo lately.

[Linked Image]

A little February snow in DFW.

[Linked Image]

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by safariman
That might be..... no.... IS the coolest Ford Ranger I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing the pics and data!

Here it is before most of the dents grin It "had" 3" cut out fender flairs on it at one time, they didnt like the rocks to well. Here it is on a ramp travel index with 33" tires, no body lift and stock 2.9l v6.

[Linked Image]

I think these were taken at Salton Sea CAL at the Tierra Del Sol run. Remember, that is a 33" tire stuffed in the rear wheel well! laugh

[Linked Image]

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most of these rides look fairly healthy. Mine doesn't look so good today.

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by oulufinn
Here's an old 'yota that just keeps chuggin'. I keep it at the lease in the Panhandle & don't drive it much, since I got the 4x4 Dodge Cummins (Pre-obama motors..) I should probably sell it, but if it rains a lot up there that red dirt gets a little sporty with the bigger rigs. Even on the county roads!

It's sporting a bit of rattle can camo lately.

[Linked Image]

That toyota is in good shape by Minnesota standards! That is about the same year as my Lease guys, but the Minnesota road salt has ate most of the truck.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RoadRunner65
Originally Posted by safariman

Here it is before most of the dents grin It "had" 3" cut out fender flairs on it at one time, they didnt like the rocks to well. Here it is on a ramp travel index with 33" tires, no body lift and stock 2.9l v6.

[Linked Image]

I think these were taken at Salton Sea CAL at the Tierra Del Sol run. Remember, that is a 33" tire stuffed in the rear wheel well! laugh

[Linked Image]

Nice suspension articulation!

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Tzone,
I think the 78-79 fords were the nicest looking trucks they made to date! Nice project.
H

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Tom264
This truck right now....

[Linked Image]

Huh? Not happy with that F'N 350?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by humdinger
This truck right now....

[Linked Image]

Huh? Not happy with that F'N 350?
Love the truck hate the engine.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the 6.0 should been an ABORTION...

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
This truck right now....

[Linked Image]
Gone...................yay!
its gone.......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

166 members (2500HD, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 338reddog, 204guy, 1lessdog, 2ndwind, 24 invisible), 1,856 guests, and 891 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,446
Posts18,507,896
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.