Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

BobinNH... this is your time! grin

Jeff I hate all scopes grin not really but you get my point!

A good buddy who posts here once said(and I agree!)that when he hunts, he never worries about having enough gun,or the right caliber...or bullet.The only thing on his mind is...."Is this [bleep]' rifle still sighted in.....????"

eek mad smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by nsaqam

But they are not so flattered that their scopes are being compared to ones which cost 1/2 as much and provide similar or better performance.
The Bushnell Elite 4200's come to mind.

Elite's aren't bad scopes, but I don't see many comparisons of them vs Leupold.......

Casey

You haven't looked very hard. It's been discussed numerous times here and in other forums. Dave Petzal said (FWIW) that the Elite was one of the toughest scopes he'd ever seen.

Ok guys, let me qualify....

Bushnell Elites are fine scopes for the price--but they are heavier, they don't have the eyebox, personally I like looking through a Leupy a lot better than the Bushnell..........and their cost isn't much different from a VX-II last time I looked.

It's just that some guys want to compare a $300 Leupold to a $2000 European scope, and for that kind of price (and weight) I figure the scope should at least be able to pack out the elk for you too...........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by GaryVA
This is another reason why it is difficult for someone to sell a used high dollar scope in a limited market through the classifieds at a near new asking price. A person in the market for such a scope is more than likely willing to pay a few dollars more to get a new scope sealed in the box to guarantee that the previous owner did not improperly install the scope and wrench it out of wack. Buyers tend to gamble on an unknown scope only when the price is marked down well below cost.

I'm starting to think that very few actually know how to properly mount a scope:(

Best:)

I've had those same reservations about buying a used scope.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
he is a very knowledgable and skilled gun enthusiast who is quite willing to help those who ask.

No, he's not as knowledgeable as you may think and so far the only skill he has shown is how to be a total azz.

The man is an obnoxious moron, an old crank who hates life and anyone who dis-agrees with him.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Jim there you go again, flying off the handle if someone does not agree with you. I made no snide remark only that I have owned a rifle or two. In addition one might think that some simple fabrication modification could place a scope ring a bit further forward. You on the other hand are building quite a reputation here as a hot head that fly's off the handle at folks that don't see things quite the way that you do. Just keep doing what your doing and perhaps after awhile we will just have to learn to live without the benefit of your keen firearms wisdom.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Jim what are you 62 years old? You must have led a long and bitter life or just recently gone through a bad divorce or something. I cannot possibly think of why anyone could come across in the course of a normal conversation as analistic as you are without just cause. Or perhaps you fancy yourself a bully? Well keep up the angry attacking postings in regards to any opinion that is contrary to what you accept as truth and I am sure you will go the same way that oldman1942 did.

There I fixed it for you LOL.

NRA Lifetime Member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RaceTire
The optics forum and ask the gunwriters are the favorites for the name calling and product, political or personal bashing.

Nah, this is mild, you should spend some time on the Politics & Boobs Campfire page...... wink

Originally Posted by RaceTire

I have noticed in the past few days that Rick is injecting some new topics for discussion and they are welcome.

He is?.......

This place ain't moderated....well, not much. We like it that way. If anything, it was a bit edgier when Stick and the Alaska crew were around..........

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BobinNH

A good buddy who posts here once said(and I agree!)that when he hunts, he never worries about having enough gun,or the right caliber...or bullet.The only thing on his mind is...."Is this [bleep]' rifle still sighted in.....????"

eek mad smile

laugh

I'm loving it........

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
SU35..

Nasqam only speaks of what he KNOWS from first hand experience.

You on the other hand, bloviate about things of which you are totally clueless..

Which apparently is quite a bit. wink

Last edited by jim62; 05/04/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SU35
he is a very knowledgable and skilled gun enthusiast who is quite willing to help those who ask.

No, he's not as knowledgeable as you may think and so far the only skill he has shown is how to be a total azz.

The man is an obnoxious moron, an old crank who hates life and anyone who dis-agrees with him. We can do without the POS.

SU, you and I have read the same things here writtten by Jim62. I believe that Jim is very knowledgeable about several subjects, particularly gunsmithing and stockmaking.
If you think Jim is unskilled then it is clear that you have never seen his exquisite stockwork. He is a true artisan in Walnut.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

BobinNH... this is your time! grin

Jeff I hate all scopes grin not really but you get my point!

eek mad smile

You know, I will say this about turret-twisting: it removes much if not all of that superstitious "don't touch it, it's zeroed" feeling.

I mean when you've jacked the "zero" of a scope to hell and back a few hundred times, and it keeps coming back to zero, after a while you start to trust the phookin' thing. Rightly or wrongly.

Shot a return-to-zero test with the Swaro AV today. 4 shots, with oodles and scads of elevation turret-twistin' in between. It did great. This on the kimber.

Having a range on the land is GREAT!! Loving it.

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Jim there you go again, flying off the handle if someone does not agree with you. I made no snide remark only that I have owned a rifle or two. In addition one might think that some simple fabrication modification could place a scope ring a bit further forward. You on the other hand are building quite a reputation here as a hot head that fly's off the handle at folks that don't see things quite the way that you do. Just keep doing what your doing and perhaps after awhile we will just have to learn to live without the benefit of your keen firearms wisdom.

Nope, not flying off the handle..

I just take a snide, smart assed insult for what it is. Make of it what you will, I don't care. Your opinion of me really is something I could care less about.

If you want to appologize for accidentally offending me, then I would be glad to recprocate. Otherwise, stow the backpeddling.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm going bear hunting tonight with a rifle that wears a Leupold scope. Damn, now I'm going to be worried.... (insert middle finger smilie)

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jim62

Nope, not flying off the handle..

I just take a snide, smart assed insult for what it is. Make of it what you will, I don't care. Your opinion of me really is something I could care less about.

If you want to appologize for accidentally offending me, then I would be glad to recprocate. Otherwise, stow the backpeddling.

No Jim I have nothing to apolgize for, on the other hand I hope you stay on the same track as we will have to live without your wisdom after a bit. Its my hope that you continue your angry retoric attacking people for any slight difference in opinion. I will add that I do however feel sorry for you.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well, "JimmyP" after reading the "intellect" in your posts here..

I feel sorry for you, too. wink

I truly mean that.

To all gunmaker critics-
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
keep up the good work Jim62!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Same to you "JimmyP"..!!!!!!!!!! grin

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calvin
I'm going bear hunting tonight with a rifle that wears a Leupold scope. Damn, now I'm going to be worried.... (insert middle finger smilie)

Have a nice drive......

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Oh I will. Do you think I should aim for the right or left ass cheek?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why don't you children go do like Obama says and lets go have
a beer together and be friends.

Now if that doesn't wake you up, nothing will !!!

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

164 members (2UP, 44mc, 10Glocks, 1100mag, 22 invisible), 1,511 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,749
Posts18,495,268
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.