Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
Edod Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Has anyone had first hand experience with Chifuti Safaris for Buffalo? They seem to be all over TV and many of the magazines. Did not want to be lured into an outfitter who has great PR but poor outfitting. Any other suggestions would be welcome?

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've not hunted with them, but met Boddington and the boys at Dallas Safari Club, last Jan. Everything I have read, they are very upstanding, and the phs are very personable. I might suggest you go over to Accuratereloading, and do a search. Several of the guys there have hunted with them.

I did meet a group, that I wanted to go with, until the job took a downturn. Jonathan Hulme of Zambezi Hunters, in the Save Concervancy. Another great group of guys. Good luck on your search, but I doubt that you would go wrong with Chifuti.

maddog

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Arguably one of the best outfits in Zim. I've never hunted with them but I am familiar with their areas and quite a few clients who've hunted with them. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
Edod Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Thank you jorgeI and maddog. Will check out Accuratereloading.com and Zambezi Hunters but what you told me makes me think I will pursue Chifuti.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Chifuti is where I'll be hunting for the last 2 weeks in May 2011.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So you decided, for leopard is the best move! jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
Edod Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Sounds great. Hopefully, we can compare notes.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Edod...Jorge, Hatari,Shakari,Edwin have all been just great. I've bugged the schit out of Jorge the past couple of days.

Leopard is my priority and I'm doing the 14 day package for leopard,cape buff,PG with PG simply being window of opportunity chances. But,zebra, warthog, sable and others I forget willmost likely be available depending upon quotas.

Like you, I'm a complete cherry and have been a freak with the research.

I've added up everything I want and I'm up to around 670 thousand dollars so I have some trimming to do....grin!

We can learn and share the experience together. At 52, I'm too old to be wishing it was May 2011 already...but, I am.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

J
JPK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Where will you be hunting?

I have hunted in Chewore South, which is one of Chifuti's concessions. It is a fabulous place, the best all 'round that I have hunted yet and has tons of buff.

Chifuti runs a tight ship, their camps are excellent, and details are attended to.

JPK

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think he's hunting Chewore South. jorge

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hunted in Chewore South out of the Chenje camp in Sept last year. The tented camp and staff were superb. Game was a little scarce - both buff an plains game. Late rains may have contributed to that however.

Those baiting for lion and leopard during my stay were reported on the radio as having baits hit but I do not know if they were male or females. Lionesses and elephants were very plentiful- can you say over populated?

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government.
E
Edod Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Issac,
I too, have been going nuts over the past 3 weeks since I have decided to go. I figure that since I am going to be 65 I better get there while I still can. With the excitement of trying to learn everything I can, pick an outfitter, figure out what to bring and get my rifle together, I am not sure I can stand a year of waiting. I both hope I cool down a bit and hope I don't cool down at all. Sure is exciting.
I know what you mean regarding the finances. Just getting the reloading components, new scope etc. has started burned the credit cards and I am just starting out. It is going to be an education.
I have also learned how helpful this board and Jorge, Maddog and others have been with information and am quite grateful.

We will have to compare notes as we go along.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
I've added up everything I want and I'm up to around 670 thousand dollars

Something's wrong somewhere Bob. No way for that hunt, not even with Taxidermy. jorge

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Something's wrong somewhere Bob. No way for that hunt, not even with Taxidermy. jorge

If he buys and takes all the junk we told him to on the " Gear Bag" thread, it should just about come out to that figure.... grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

=====================

Jorge....sorry buddy. I was being a wise-ass and thinking more along the lines of Ingwe, who posted right after you.

I'm figuring without having a clue as to taxidermy and shipping costs and what side trips are in store for me and Karen,I'm at about 30K. I'm gonna figure 40K total, give or take a couple grand.

My leopard will be a full body mount. Since I'm doing all I'm doing mostly because of my chance at a leopard;if I get one, I want the full body mount because I'll be sleeping with him for the rest of my life.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's more like it, closer to thirty. As far as taxidermy, you'll get LOTS of views there! Absolutely a full mount for a cat! Anyhow we can discuss the taxidermy later smile jorge

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leopards deserve a full mount

[Linked Image]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's more like it, closer to thirty. As far as taxidermy, you'll get LOTS of views there! Absolutely a full mount for a cat! Anyhow we can discuss the taxidermy later smile jorge

Unless your British, when the flat skin and head is the traditional way to go! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

=====================

Jorge....sorry buddy. I was being a wise-ass and thinking more along the lines of Ingwe, who posted right after you.

See, that's the problem. With Ingwe, there is the cost of the chartered flight, a 777 from MONTANA, Champagne, dancing girls, the Cordon Bleu chef, silk pajamas, etc. etc. Let's not forget he likes to do the Teddy Roosevelt thing with 400 porters to cater to his entourage. It just never ends with some guys.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
whistle

grin
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

418 members (10Glocks, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 39 invisible), 1,829 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,418
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.