-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WHEEEEEE Doggies! You RPeeer's are creating smoke with your hand wringing...use some of that special lube you keep by the bedside!

GMAFB! The R's are gonna dynamite little Paul for what purpose? To lose the seat to a dim?

LMAO!

All American

All the time

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Congrats to Kentucky on the win for freedom. I would heed the words of Steve and Isaac though and get to work immediately on November. The Democrats may be corrupt and wrong, but they are not completely unintelligent. Certainly the Big Boys are not either. Paul will have plenty of competition if they don't do something to smear him between now and then. The low voter turnouts are a definite concern.

1980 or 1984...indeed that is the question.
If history is any indication, Paul's greatest threat will come from the establishment faction of his own party, as we're getting a small taste of in the present thread.
I see only some sarcasm and sour grapes from the more "establishment" types. Certainly nothing ominously threatening. Mainly some warnings from those more attuned to political battles. I also saw some grudging congratulations. Most of all though, I saw several posters who have been labeled "neo-cons" showing support for Rand Paul. If I were in Kentucky, I would be a Paul supporter and personally would be glad for the added support their numbers bring.

Having been and done politically, albeit at lower levels, I can tell you that unless your name is Clinton and you're on a perpetual campaign, the work begins after the election. Nothing is more discouraging than being forced to tell your constituents the same lame things that the former occupiers of your seat told them. Things that made them mad and disgruntled in the first place. Things they did not believe and that you did not believe but that it turns out, were the truth. There are truths and their are hard truths and winning is sometimes only the beginning of the revelatory process thereof.

Good luck in November Kentucky.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stan V
WHEEEEEE Doggies! You RPeeer's are creating smoke with your hand wringing...use some of that special lube you keep by the bedside!

GMAFB! The R's are gonna dynamite little Paul for what purpose? To lose the seat to a dim?

LMAO!

They were running a lifelong democrat against him so why not?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rrroae
If history is any indication, Paul's greatest threat will come from the establishment faction of his own party, as we're getting a small taste of in the present thread.

Agree.

I get the feeling McConnell and company will do everything in their power to undermine Rand Paul this fall. If Paul gets in, he'll highlight the ineptitude and downright incompetence of the GOP by showing us how real conservatives act.

Exactly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Agree.

I get the feeling McConnell and company will do everything in their power to undermine Rand Paul this fall. If Paul gets in, he'll highlight the ineptitude and downright incompetence of the GOP by showing us how real conservatives act.

Exactly.

Well, when it comes to recognizing ineptitide and downright incompetence y'all need to hire someone to show you.....you're waddling in it and still don't recognize it. grin

All American

All the time
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
what the RP children's crusade never got....but the people they call neocons or establishment republicans do get (aka the grownups)....is that the enemy is the left, and the first priority is to turn back the Obama revolution.

If I agree with Rand Paul on 80% of his positions, and recognize that he is far superior to any democrat, I'll support him. Like RR said, somebody who agrees with me 80% of the time is my ally, not my enemy.

People who rail on the team that won the cold war as Trotskyites and sit home and sulk it their man isn't the nominee can't really be taken seriously.

to paraphrase ol' "Ice Axe" Trotsky.....no enemies on the right.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
what the RP children's crusade never got....but the people they call neocons or establishment republicans do get (aka the grownups)....is that the enemy is the left, and the first priority is to turn back the Obama revolution.

If I agree with Rand Paul on 80% of his positions, and recognize that he is far superior to any democrat, I'll support him. Like RR said, somebody who agrees with me 80% of the time is my ally, not my enemy.

People who rail on the team that won the cold war as Trotskyites and sit home and sulk it their man isn't the nominee can't really be taken seriously.

+1

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Agree.

Exactly.

you're projecting the chickish behavior of Paulies when they lose on the grownups....doesn't work that way. McConnell wants to be majority leader, so he and the folks you call establishment repubs will be working hard to get RP Jr. and every other republican nominee elected in November.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Many indeed may be naive but the ones actually running such as Paul, will get a quick education on what happens if and when he actually wins the election. To be fair, lots of folks here favored his dad but held their noses and voted for McCain.

At some point however, after the election is won, those who want to really do something, must dispense with all the conspiracy theories, roll up their sleeves, and get to work. Otherwise they will be as ineffectual as the "establishment" types they replaced. Once one wins, one becomes part of that establishment. Sitting around and spinning conspiracy theories may be fun, but won't get America back to where it needs to be.

Whether we are revisiting 1980 or just entering 1984 remains to be seen.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The problem is you were supporting a lifelong democrat and the people you invariably support were also supporting a lifelong democrat. That's why no one outside your circle of big government supporters believes you.

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Casey...it appears you don't care for third place on the all time silly and goofy post list!! You're still third due to context but have no worries; you're definitely in the top three!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by isaac
You RPers love those shots at internet jamming,don't you? Are you being serious,really? A campfire poll? Who gives a schit about a campfire poll?

"internet jamming?..........I like that..... grin

Casey
It's amazing how much energy Isaac expends badmouthing a Republican candidate he then pretends to be rooting for, isn't it? I hope this pattern is broad, though. In the current climate, the more establishment folks are seen to dislike and resent Rand Paul, the more his popularity with the average voter will tend to soar.

============

Even after multiple direct comments (even using simple words for you to grasp), you still don't get it! No wonder the Tea Party is going out of their way to distance themselves from the goofballs!

Last edited by isaac; 05/19/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JasonB

The problem is you were supporting a lifelong democrat and the people you invariably support were also supporting a lifelong democrat.

No, Jason, the problem is you apparently can't read. I wasn't supporting anybody, don't live in KY, can't vote and didn't send money. As I said..Bunning is no bargain, and Paul has troublingly naiive views on foreign policy. I will support Paul against the democrat, where he's apparently going to need all the help he can get.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OSOK
There aren't that many stolworth true Constitutionalist in the house or senate - those that are should be kept on but the rest regardless of party affiliation, I say out out out!
Agreed!

Ah, in regard to the Constitution, it took a body shot in circa 1917 with the Espionage and Sedition Act and has been bleeding to death since along with intermittent and continual bludgeonings by every agency and branch of the Fed gov'ernment All of whom may give it lip service while making decisions based on how the GDP will be affected; based on political ideology; and on what seems "good" in the short term.

Not on what the Constitution says or intended. I'm not sure what "being a Constitutionalist" means any more.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JasonB

The problem is you were supporting a lifelong democrat and the people you invariably support were also supporting a lifelong democrat.

No, Jason, the problem is you apparently can't read. I wasn't supporting anybody, don't live in KY, can't vote and didn't send money. As I said..Bunning is no bargain, and Paul has troublingly naiive views on foreign policy. I will support Paul against the democrat, where he's apparently going to need all the help he can get.

Sorry, but you were perpetually attacking Paul and you support the folks that supported Grayson.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
About as much brains as a loaf of bread!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
jason is challenged in many ways. one hopes for Rand's sake that the vast majority of his fans are not so.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
McConnell wants to be majority leader, so he and the folks you call establishment repubs will be working hard to get RP Jr. and every other republican nominee elected in November.

I doubt it. McConnel and the GOP are peeing their pants trying to figure out what to do with Rand Paul and the rest of the Tea Party.

The emergence of the Tea Party and the hostility of its members toward the GOP establishment gives party leaders cause for concern because it reflects growing estrangement with the party base.

Many fiscal conservatives became disillusioned over the growth of government during former President George W. Bush�s administration. As a result, they sat out the 2008 presidential campaign, giving Democrats a crucial advantage.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/80011-palin-and-mcconnell-wage-proxy-battle-in-kentucky

A win by Paul, a Bowling Green ophthalmologist, would represent the first true electoral success of the tea party movement. Equally important, it would embarrass Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, whose political organization is running Grayson�s campaign, thrust onto the national stage a Republican with foreign policy views out of the conservative mainstream and, strategists in both parties believe, imperil the GOP�s hold on the seat now held by retiring Sen. Jim Bunning.

Recognizing the threat, a well-connected former aide to Vice President Dick Cheney convened a conference call last week between Grayson and a group of leading national security conservatives to sound the alarm about Paul.[i]

more -

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34582.html

[Paul, the Bowling Green ophthalmologist whose chief claim to fame is that his father Ron is the world's most famous libertarian, now leads a race he was never supposed to enter. And he leads it by as much as 20 points. In doing so, he is upsetting not only expectations in Kentucky but also overturning the local power structure: he has outraised Kentucky secretary of state Trey Grayson, the handpicked favorite son of Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell. (See 10 potential Republican midterm surprises.)

And he has done so running nearly as much against the GOP as he has against the Democrats and Obama. Not surprisingly, his campaign is being watched closely by Republicans who worry about the size and strength of the Tea Party movement � and the drain insurgencies like Paul's could have on their coffers.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1972721,00.html

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
what the RP children's crusade never got....

lol

Even though you're pretty much a partisan hack, I've got to admit you have great style. I get quite a chuckle from some of your more colorful put downs.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
While I think RP has some wacky notions, smaller, more fiscally conservative .gov is not one of them. The degree of shrinkage we need is surely debatable, but do any of y'all disagree that the GOP is seriously ill & needs a purging of RINOs (I don't even know WTF a "Neocon" really is)? A rollback won't be easy, or painless, but it's long overdue & necessary to salvage the wreck that's been sinking.

Maybe Rand Paul is a less kooky version & is worthy of some respect and support, instead of continuous ridicule and pummeling.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (35, 21, 358wsm, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 10Glocks, 16 invisible), 1,519 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,950
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.